Digital Photo Express Entry ITA Question

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day folks,

I got my digital JPEG photo clicked from my Iphone and got it in exact format required by CIC ( meets all requirements in below):

My question is can I be rejected as I didn't get it from professional and clicked it from a phone?

PS : I sent my pictures to a professional who edited it for the requirements but the properties of the photo shows clicked from Iphone

Frame size

The final frame size of the photoOpens a new window must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File format

The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Thank you for your time

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OptimisticHope said:
Hi,

i got my pictures with .jpg extension.

Is .jpg and .jpeg are same ? is it ok to upload .jpg picture ?
JPG is the same as JPEG, but I don't know if the system will reject based on the extension. Most web applications accept both. You can open the image in a free image software (e.g., Paint.NET) and save it in the JPG format.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Rocky127 said:
Good day folks,

I got my digital JPEG photo clicked from my Iphone and got it in exact format required by CIC ( meets all requirements in below):

My question is can I be rejected as I didn't get it from professional and clicked it from a phone?

PS : I sent my pictures to a professional who edited it for the requirements but the properties of the photo shows clicked from Iphone

Frame size

The final frame size of the photoOpens a new window must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File format

The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Thank you for your time
How will CIC know if you got it from a man in a shop or from your house? It's a jpeg, not a coded file.

As long as it meets the requirements a cat could have taken the photo.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
How will CIC know if you got it from a man in a shop or from your house? It's a jpeg, not a coded file.

As long as it meets the requirements a cat could have taken the photo.
Can my dog take the photo then?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that's what I thought that CIC shouldn't be bothered who clicked it.

Thanks guys

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Do we have to upload the backside of the pp as well? With details etc.?

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOPE..thats for physical part wherein they don't want it to be mixed up or lost

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Guys I am really confused with the photo that we need to uplaod
Shall we follow this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

or this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Because in one the size is 45*35mm while the another one it is 50*70mm.

Thanking you

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
Indi88 said:
Guys I am really confused with the photo that we need to uplaod
Shall we follow this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf

or this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Because in one the size is 45*35mm while the another one it is 50*70mm.

Thanking you
Don't be confused. Click on the Question bubble right next to photo upload button, you will see the correct specification. The specification mentioned above by rocky is correct. Here is it once again:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frame size

The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
Quality/resolution

File format

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used the following online tool to resize my digital photograph according the specifications above.

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arifurrahman said:
Don't be confused. Click on the Question bubble right next to photo upload button, you will see the correct specification. The specification mentioned above by rocky is correct. Here is it once again:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frame size

Quality/resolution

File format

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have used the following online tool to resize my digital photograph according the specifications above.

http://www.idphoto4you.com/
it says the final frame size must be at least...so does it mean anything larger than that is acceptable?im asking because when i had my photo taken,i showed the photographer the one on the cic website,the one that says weshould show to the photographer..

also,for those who already got their PPR,did you submit a different photo than your eAPR?

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frame size

Quality/resolution

File format

After reading this multiple times I decided to do a small test..
Created a grey plain image of 420 * 540 pixels at 600 dip which most of us presume is the least requirement.
Printed it out and as I though the image is way smaller that 35 *45 mm

So for the next test I created an image with 35 *45 mm with 600 DPI and printed that out
It printed it out with exact same dimensions as expected i.e. 35*45 mm even though my digital dimensions says its 825 *1063
Had to reduce the Jpg quality to High in Photoshop which gave me a photo size of 195kb

Considering the document says that the final frame size of the photo must be 35mm *45 mm I think the second option is probably the best best ..
I hope this is correct though.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A standard image is considered to be 300 dpi. That's 300 pixels for every physical inch. Now IRCC specifies the dimensions in metric, so if we convert those dimensions to imperial, we get:
35 x 45 mm = 1.378 x 1.772 in

At 300 pixels per inch, that digital image must be 413 x 531 pixels. IRCC has conveniently rounded that up to 420 x 540 pixels.

For a 24-bit color image, that is exactly 24 / 8 = 3 bytes per pixel or 420 x 540 x 3 = 226,803 680,400 bytes = 221 664 kilobytes (kb) uncompressed. Again, IRCC is rounding this up to 240 kb. Not sure why IRCC would recommend a file size smaller than that. Certainly 60 kb seems especially small for the dimensions specified, but will also depend on the file format since different compression algorithms will yield different file sizes.

There is little ambiguity here in IRCC's intended photo size. 600 dpi only applies if you are scanning a physical photo. If you print a 420 x 540 pixel image at 600 dpi, the image will be very small, physically, and certainly smaller than 35 x 45 mm. Try 300 dpi.

Reactions: SidheshK