+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different papers for application - good question!

ahlulbayt786

Dec 9, 2014
I have a very good question.

Say my spouse sends me an application from backhome and has the signature pages signed. The style of paper is different from the one I am using. Say I edit the application and make revisions to it. Can I still use my spouse's signature page but different style of papers for the rest? Because I made changes to them.

Please answer as soon as possible.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I don't know, but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If you keep the signature pages but your spouse didn't actually sign the application papers you're handing in..... I don't think that should be allowed... Maybe people who have done the same thing can pipe up and let you know their experience or opinion.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed.

IMHO, it's better to make the corrections and then send it back to her for signature.

It's also possible that CIC will have updated at least one of the forms, so be sure to check their website for the latest revision!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
My husband comes from a country where the mail system is laughable and people laugh if anyone asks if they think they will receive something in the mail.
If u spend the extra money and pay for fed ex or Dhl this won't happen. This is also not an excuse for doing something that is not allowed and could be seen as fraudulent.
Have your wife do the papers again (do it with her while on the phone with her in video chat if possible) and then have her use Fed Ex or something similar to send it to you. It will probably cost close to $100 or more to send the papers, but u will know they have been done correctly.

Also, asking a question on a thread just because u want to justify doing something doesn't always mean you're going to get the answer you want to hear. With CIC, it is best to do things the proper way because u never know how doing so,etching small and cutting corners can create a bigger headache in the end.

ahlulbayt786

Dec 9, 2014
That's the whole point of asking the question.... :-X

I don't want to take any risks or do anything that they don't approve of. At the end of the day it's her signature pages and her confirmation just the rest of the papers are different.

It is worth it to take your time and have her sign the papers again for me if it means doing the application precisely.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
From your previous response it just sounds like u want ppl to justify your wanting to redo the papers, but keep her signature page. It is in your best interest not to do that, even though it will take more time and money. Use a courier and the delivery will be quicker and more certain. Good luck.

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
In my wife's application there was a mistake on one of the signature pages, her English isn't great so when I tried to get her to print the whole form again she actually only printed the signature page. I was worried about this too but I sent it anyway even though just this one page stood out as different.

We had no problems with it and she just recently had her passport request. I think CIC knows about these issues with sending documents across the universe and let's some things slide. My advice would be to try to minimize how many pages are different though.

tobenai

Feb 18, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcbeth said:
In my wife's application there was a mistake on one of the signature pages, her English isn't great so when I tried to get her to print the whole form again she actually only printed the signature page. I was worried about this too but I sent it anyway even though just this one page stood out as different.

We had no problems with it and she just recently had her passport request. I think CIC knows about these issues with sending documents across the universe and let's some things slide. My advice would be to try to minimize how many pages are different though.
Maybe CIC had cases that certain applications were printed and reprinted from different printers? Not everyone owns a printer and they might have had friends or hired agents handling the papers.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
ahlulbayt786 said:
I have a very good question.

Say my spouse sends me an application from backhome and has the signature pages signed. The style of paper is different from the one I am using. Say I edit the application and make revisions to it. Can I still use my spouse's signature page but different style of papers for the rest? Because I made changes to them.

Please answer as soon as possible.
As long as you are sending the latest version of form and the difference between the 2 sheets of paper does not stand out significantly, I would say you are good.