Different citizenship benefits

base7

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Experts,
What is the different between canadian citizen by birth vs naturalized in terms of benefits/value?
or is that the same? if you get a canadian passport as a second passport how does it differ in canadian society?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What made u think of this question?, Last time i checked Canada don't have two different passport colours or anything to know the different unless if u categorized urself .what u think of urelf or value urself its how people will do to you.Canada is a multiculturalism country .Where things of race , colour, religion, gender, age, or anything are valued, respected , preserved and in one language we are one and that is HUMAN BEING, either Canadian or Non Canadian if i see people about to kill u on the street i will call for 911 and i will say someone need help ASAP, ;D :p
base7 said:
Hi Experts,
What is the different between canadian citizen by birth vs naturalized in terms of benefits/value?
or is that the same? if you get a canadian passport as a second passport how does it differ in canadian society?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no difference. A naturalized Canadian has the same rights as a born Canadian even if he has 5 other passports.

The only citizens who have less rights are Canadians by heritage, that is those who were born outside Canada and gained citizenship based on their parent(s) already being Canadian citizen(s) when they were born. The only difference there is that a Canadian by heritage can not pass citizenship to their children who are born outside Canada but instead would have to sponsor them for PR and later apply for their citizenship.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
base7 said:
Hi Experts,
Most immigrant from third-world countries come to Canada to escape cultural and political discrimination such as second class citizens and crap like this and you are here asking about Canada's second class citizens.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
yet another facepalm question...

Seems like common sense and intellect is no longer easily found in society...

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
base7 said:
Hi Experts,
In the US u can't be a president unless u were a citizen by birth, but in Canada u could become the PM, no problems...

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
cprak0 said:
In the US u can't be a president unless u were a citizen by birth, but in Canada u could become the PM, no problems...
We are not in the US, and thank God for that!
Do I want to be part of a society that classifies one citizen above another? Hell no!

The US is highly mislead, and they are sinking fast... Government spying on the people that they work for, the constitution is fucked and there is no more freedom...

I, for one am glad that I'm this side of the border...

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
We are not in the US, and thank God for that!
Do I want to be part of a society that classifies one citizen above another? Hell no!

The US is highly mislead, and they are sinking fast... Government spying on the people that they work for, the constitution is *censored word*ed and there is no more freedom...

I, for one am glad that I'm this side of the border...
Can you get security clearance in Canada with PR ?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. US president: To be eligible to be president, a US citizen needs to be "natural born". This mean they got citizenship from the moment of their birth, either by jus soli (born on US soil) or through their citizen parents (as in US republican presidential nominee John McCain who was born in the Panama Canal Zone).

2. Are all Cdn citizenships equal before the law?: This question is the basis of Rocco Galati's suit against the revocation powers included in the new citizenship bill. Basically the argument is that by saying that Canadian citizens with a second citizenship can have their Cdn citizenship revoked, they're creating 2 classes of Canadian citizen: A cdn citizen who commits an act of "terror" but who has only one citizenship will be punished by jail time alone while a cdn citizen who commits an act of terror but has a second citizenship will be punished by jail time plus deportation and banishment from Canada.

3. Security clearance: PRs can get first level security screening aka "reliability screening" but they are ineligible for higher level security clearances.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Just curious if there has been a precedence of a non white or a woman being a PM candidate ever (need not actually been the PM)...

Cprak0

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should know the answer to whether there's been a woman PM or up for PM. Check Discover Canada and get back to us please! Or google "woman PM canada". It's easy!

Regarding whether there's been a visible minority as head of a major party, I'm pretty sure no, but please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Yes, should have known abt Kim Campbell. Just read how the Tories lost the 93 elections in spite of enjoying high approval ratings when the elections were called... Politics as usual stinks every where...

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
There are the minimal legal distinctions between naturalized citizens, born-in-Canada citizens, and other citizens-by-birth, as noted by others above, such as that citizens-by-birth not born in Canada do not pass citizenship by birth to children born outside Canada, and while naturalized citizens are not the only ones having citizenship in multiple countries, they are by far the largest group of dual citizens potentially affected by the Bill C-24 provisions expanding grounds for revocation to include certain acts committed after becoming a citizen.

The Charter, however, for example, does not distinguish guaranteed rights relative to the source of citizenship (while, in contrast, the Charter does distinguish mobility rights of Canadians depending on whether they are a Canadian citizen or a Canadian PR). It may warrant noting that Justice Rennie has ruled, in the Galati challenge to Bill C-24, that there is no jus soli right to citizenship in Canada, that all citizenship is based on a statutory grant (thus, for example, that persons born in Canada are citizens by birth derives from statute, not constitutional rights . . . perhaps a precursor to this government further amending the Citizenship Act, if it wins this year's federal election, to restrict citizenship by birth to only those born by a parent legally admitted to Canada, addressing the so-called anchor baby concern (in my view a vastly exaggerated concern).

But generally, a citizen's place of birth is identified in the Canadian passport's biographical information, and this information can result in being treated differently when traveling to other countries. (Such as those born in Taiwan traveling to mainland China; those born in Israel traveling to certain ME countries and the converse, those born in certain ME countries traveling to Israel; not sure if the U.S. still distinguishes Canadian citizens based on birth in certain countries, but for a time the U.S. was requiring more security related procedures for some Canadian citizens depending on their place of birth.)

Canadian citizens may request that their place of birth not be displayed in the passport. But passport Canada posts the following caution about choosing to not display place of birth:

You may request that your place of birth does not appear in the passport. However, if you chose to do so, note that:

-- Place of birth is mandatory for entry to some countries. You should contact the consulate or embassy of every country you plan to visit to ensure that you will be allowed entry if your passport does not indicate your place of birth.
-- You may have difficulty obtaining a visa.
-- You may experience delays at border crossings.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naturalized Canadians are not in inferior position in any way, unless they choose to put themselves in this position. Once you are Canadian take full advantage of your citizenship. Vote in every election, participate actively and positively in your community, and exercise your civil rights in assembly and organization. Learn new social skills that enable you to make an influence. Don't marginalize yourself by staying passive and isolated.