+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not include siblings on the Study Permit Application. Now Applying for Express Entry..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thankyou, what if the sibling also came to canada without disclosing my self ? Is it better to just go as what we had on our intial study permit(not discloed each other) or disclose each other now when applying for pr ?
My advice is to be honest with IRCC. Any lie or mis-information (not disclosing something that was asked about in the forms) can be seen as misrepresentation. IRCC is usually forgiving if applicants come clean before it's discovered by IRCC.
By the time if IRCC discovers it and request for PFL, that may be too late. Is your siblings on work/study permit? Waiting for PR application? There is no real reason to hide the relationship since I don't see any benefit on hiding. (If both of you are in Canada, then there is no issue with each other's background or criminal check which may be the only reason to hide it... )

Reactions: armoured

codezips

Apr 8, 2024
My advice is to be honest with IRCC. Any lie or mis-information (not disclosing something that was asked about in the forms) can be seen as misrepresentation. IRCC is usually forgiving if applicants come clean before it's discovered by IRCC.
By the time if IRCC discovers it and request for PFL, that may be too late. Is your siblings on work/study permit? Waiting for PR application? There is no real reason to hide the relationship since I don't see any benefit on hiding. (If both of you are in Canada, then there is no issue with each other's background or criminal check which may be the only reason to hide it... )
hello, thankyou. Yea we both are in canada with work and study permit but both didn't disclose each other in their intial application. Now if we haev to inform IRCc how do we do it? Do i include my sibling as first time on my PR app and does my sibling mention me on her work permit application soon ? Is this a misrepresentation or is this something ircc would consider? pls help

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hello, thankyou. Yea we both are in canada with work and study permit but both didn't disclose each other in their intial application. Now if we haev to inform IRCc how do we do it? Do i include my sibling as first time on my PR app and does my sibling mention me on her work permit application soon ? Is this a misrepresentation or is this something ircc would consider? pls help
No one can guarantee on what IRCC will do. I already gave you my suggestion.