+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Diabetes Medical Inadmissability

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
hello im from algeria and my diabetic its 8 to 9 hba1c
and i tack unsilin
and im caring if can get visa work >>>> did you tell tham thats you have diabitc ?
Hi, Yes I told them that I am Type 1 diabetic. They didnt ask my Hba1c and I didnt tell them. I would recommend not to share your Hba1C unless they ask. They simply asked the medications i took (which insulin etc) and I answered everything honestly. For your own health I would recommend to get your Hba1c below 7

Reactions: youcef84

youcef84

Feb 6, 2024
Hi, Yes I told them that I am Type 1 diabetic. They didnt ask my Hba1c and I didnt tell them. I would recommend not to share your Hba1C unless they ask. They simply asked the medications i took (which insulin etc) and I answered everything honestly. For your own health I would recommend to get your Hba1c below 7
yes thx im not yet find work pirmet i cant find any one calle me or accept me
i just asking bcs this problem let me worry
tell me if that possible tell me how u get work permit

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
One should be honest about their health infront of the physician and share everything upfront. Another logic is that, if someone is actually not in a good health, coming to a country like Canada where healthcare is extremely poor is a bad move anyways.

Reactions: Taran D

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
One should be honest about their health infront of the physician and share everything upfront. Another logic is that, if someone is actually not in a good health, coming to a country like Canada where healthcare is extremely poor is a bad move anyways.
If you have type 1 diabetes or any chronic condition, the healthcare and knowledge is much better here. Granted it my take some time to get access to a specilised doctor, but once you have access they have knowledge about the latest treatments and tools to manage your disease.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If you have type 1 diabetes or any chronic condition, the healthcare and knowledge is much better here. Granted it my take some time to get access to a specilised doctor, but once you have access they have knowledge about the latest treatments and tools to manage your disease.
I've access to a doctor, so far my experience has been meh. My doctor back home has been so much better. I renewed my Indian insurance for another 2 years because of this. To extend my comment, I know 2 people who died while waiting for a treatment(they were waiting on tests to be done, forget getting treatment), so I'd not paint a rosy picture of Canadian healthcare.

Isha295

Feb 17, 2022
I've access to a doctor, so far my experience has been meh. My doctor back home has been so much better. I renewed my Indian insurance for another 2 years because of this. To extend my comment, I know 2 people who died while waiting for a treatment(they were waiting on tests to be done, forget getting treatment), so I'd not paint a rosy picture of Canadian healthcare.
As i said depends on the condition you have. If you have something that needs urgent attention, then maybe canada wont have a good healthcare system, but they also prioritize based on severity. so i am surprised to hear your experience. I have type 1 diabetes and i have lived in India 32 yrs of my life. Forget doctors, even the technology in india is 3-4versions behind. They dont even have access to an insulin pump, which is like a v basic thing in North America including Canada. The doctors who were from the best hospitals in Delhi and Hyderabad did not prescribe me the right medication which was a v basic obvious medication for type 1. When i came here, my life significantly improved and i have access to the best tools and technology and the best docs that too free of cost.

• Haha
Reactions: SNP0201

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
As i said depends on the condition you have. If you have something that needs urgent attention, then maybe canada wont have a good healthcare system, but they also prioritize based on severity. so i am surprised to hear your experience. I have type 1 diabetes and i have lived in India 32 yrs of my life. Forget doctors, even the technology in india is 3-4versions behind. They dont even have access to an insulin pump, which is like a v basic thing in North America including Canada. The doctors who were from the best hospitals in Delhi and Hyderabad did not prescribe me the right medication which was a v basic obvious medication for type 1. When i came here, my life significantly improved and i have access to the best tools and technology and the best docs that too free of cost.
Not sure what we are debating. But I wrote that if healthcare is a critical need for someone, not a good idea to move to Canada.
>if someone is actually not in a good health, coming to a country like Canada where healthcare is extremely poor is a bad move anyways.

We are taking this thread off track, but let's not take a myopic lens. For example, let's say if you have suspected nerve damage in your body due to high blood sugar, you know what the wait time for that is in Canada? Months to get a referral. Let's say you get "cloudy vision", the wait time is more than a year for a surgery. Something as basic as a knee surgery takes 1.5 years to get done. As I said, you won't die due to lack of doctors in India, here you can. It is a common thing(and it sucks).