+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

detroit processing time

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
My immigration file for PR sent to Detroit from Buffalo. How long it will take to get a response from Detroit regarding medical or interview.

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
Hi,

I applied to Buffallo office on september 2008 and i got the file number on March-2009 . Now I received a letter that my form has been moved to Detroit for fast processing. If you need any more information please feel free to ask me.

harshkey

Jun 22, 2009
hey s_bira, So you received the file number from buffalo office in march 2009...and then you received a separate letter saying your file was transferred to the detroit office? Thanks.

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
Yes this is my current status. As per preveious response if it takes again 3 to 5 months for medical or interview then can not be counted as very fast processing. I found it is almost going to be more than 1 and 1/2 year till my paper was accepted by the councel .

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks Jckdry for the information. If you have any idea about fast processing then please dont mind to share with me. Thanks a lot again.

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
rhap33 said:
hi s_bira,

would you mind sharing your timeline?
thank before.
Hi rahp33

I applied to Buffallo office on september 2008 and i got the file number on March-2009 . Now I received a letter that my form has been moved to Detroit for fast processing. If you need any more information please feel free to ask me

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
jckdry said:
3-5 months for medicals or interview
Thanks to all for reply. I received a letter for medical after two week of transfer my paper to detroit. I finished the medical test and sent the requested documents within a week. Can any one please help me to say that after medical how long it will take and what are other formalities and waiting time.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
after medicals r sent and RPRF is paid
they will send a request for passport submission
then u will get it back with 1 yr visa
After tht u can land with yr passport and get PR card
Keep funds as u might need to show proof while landing
thts it

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks for quick reply and all information.Regarding fund can you pleae share your experience what should be minimum amount of funds they expect.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
My personal experience while landing was they didnt ask me about funds
But it is recomended to carry proof of funds required for settling there
A bank balance statement or letter from bank
Same as u submitted earlier - required for getting PR
I believe they ask and inquire more if u r landing from any country apart from USA
For landing from USA, they dont ask unless they find any necessity to ask about it