detroit processing time

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
jckdry said:
My personal experience while landing was they didnt ask me about funds
But it is recomended to carry proof of funds required for settling there
A bank balance statement or letter from bank
Same as u submitted earlier - required for getting PR
I believe they ask and inquire more if u r landing from any country apart from USA
For landing from USA, they dont ask unless they find any necessity to ask about it
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience.

bg_sikkim

Jul 8, 2009
Hi s_bira.....i too am on the same timeline as you. Applied in September 29th 2008. AOR received on 9th March 2009. Since then i have not received anything from Buffalo.
Could you post a little background on your file...NOC, Experience and stuff.....

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
s_bira said:
jckdry said:
I believe they ask and inquire more if u r landing from any country apart from USA
For landing from USA, they dont ask unless they find any necessity to ask about it
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience.
Hi,

After sending my medical test proof and all other requested documents , Detroit office asked me to send my original edcuational certificates as they had mentioned it during my medical letter. After one month of my medical i got a letter to send my originals and I sent immediately and now it is going to be more than 15 days. I am worried when can i get back my original certificates . Can you please share idea.

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
jckdry said:
Hi

After sending my medical test proof and all other requested documents , Detroit office asked me to send my original edcuational certificates as they had mentioned it during my medical letter. After one month of my medical i got a letter to send my originals and I sent immediately and now it is going to be more than 15 days. I am worried when can i get back my original certificates . Can you please share idea.

CAN_APPLICANT

Jul 2, 2009
I am in same boat.

Detroit office requested for original education transcripts. With great difficulty I was able to get those my university.

Its been 4 weeks now and still waiting...

s_bira

Jun 19, 2009
CAN_APPLICANT said:
I am in same boat.

Detroit office requested for original education transcripts. With great difficulty I was able to get those my university.

Hi CAN,

Did you receive any news from Detroit office after sending your originals .

totochi

Nov 23, 2009
hi, everyone
I submitted my application in September, 2008.
and received Reference Number in March, 2009.
File was transferred from Buffalo to Detroit in July.
Asked to do medical test in early Oct, submitted some required documents such as tax slips, and paid the RPRF.
Currently, I am working in Vancouver.
Hopefully, I will get PR before Christmas.

Good luck to everyone.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
s_bira said:
CAN_APPLICANT said:
I am in same boat.

Hi CAN,

Did you receive any news from Detroit office after sending your originals .
Friends,

Could you please let me know if you sent just photocopies of transcripts or notarized photocopies of transcripts with your original application? My file has been transferred to Detroit and I'm waiting to hear from them. I sent a original transcript for my PhD (which is from the US), but sent notarized photocopies for my BS and MS transcripts.

Thanks