+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit embassy TRV (advice please)

samir304

Dec 20, 2011
i have applied on 30 nov. and detroit get it on 2 nd dec morning still i m waiting as
i have to visit my home country to see my sick mother. i informed them twice but
they are not responding.what i do>>>> :(

dilcha9

Dec 28, 2011
Hi Samir,

I am in a similar situation but I applied in the Washington D.C consulate. Have you made any progress in your case? Please let me know.

samir304

Dec 20, 2011
i am still waiting for it buddy i will definately inform here if i got it.
i dont think so they will get us before 6 Jan 2012. they are very rude
and arrogant as i spoke them ystrdy and they replied like we dont know.
they told me that you should mail us,i replied them that i send it to you twice
then they replied that just wait.
Next time if you have to apply so make sure avoid all embassies except BUFFALO
because buffalo emassy is much batter and faster that others.my frd applied in buffalo
on 12 Dec and he got by 22 Dec. so pls keep in you mind that buffalo is much better.

dilcha9

Dec 28, 2011
Thanks Samir.. I wonder why a country like Canada has the most incompetent system and people when it comes to passports.

So what exactly is your situation? Do you need the Canada TRV or do you just need your passport back ASAP? Did you ask them to return the passport without the visa as it is? I am wondering if they will just return the passport quickly if I am not interested in waiting for the application to get processed. I would probably apply after I get back from the travel. I just want them to send my passport back. :eek:

samir304

Dec 20, 2011
still waiting for my passport back unfortunately my grand mother passed away in my back home
and due to detroit embassy i m still here (canada) and cant attend funeral service of my grand mother
is it possible that canadian embassy assessing application without emotion and humanity?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
For reference for all who wish to apply for TRV at Detroit consulate:

In-person Service
Detroit allows in-person same day service for TRV for some nationals. If you want to submit in person, your application must be submitted before 11:00 am to be eligible for potential same-day service. Any visa application received after 11:00 a.m. will be processed as a mail-in application. Their in-person visa hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (For example, Indian students could extend TRV on same day)

Mailing Service
Applications from citizens of the following countries may take longer than 3 weeks (not including mailing time) for processing.
Afghanistan, Bosnia, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen. The same waiting period also applies to holders of travel documents issued by the Palestinian Authority or Jordanian documents for Palestinian citizens. [Source: http://www.uwindsor.ca/isc/trv]

I've been a University of Windsor student and dealt with these on several occasions. On emergency situations, you can also extend your TRV in your home country. Normally, it's much faster than here.