+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deported from USA after submitting PR application

Srinidhi_k

Jan 10, 2020
Hi All,

I need some expert advice on my issue. I have applied for Canadian PR about a month back when I was working in the USA under F-1 OPT extension. Right now, about a week back USA has deported me for 5 years (after my vacation in India) saying I exceeded my number of unemployment days there, although that is not true. All I am worried about now, is my PR application. My medical have passed and my biometrics is pending. I have narrowed it down to a couple of options. Please suggest one or enhance my knowledge if you know more about this issue.

1. Declare this issue to CIC via change of address form and reason it as deportation and explain in complete detail.
2. Submit a change of address, but only mention that I have moved to India from USA now.
3. Hire an attorney to file a case against my situation and submit that letter under LOE or if additional documents are requested.
4. Wait until any decision is made from CIC.

This is sort of an emergency, so any help would be much appreciated. Also, anyone who has faced this situation before, please explain in detail on how you’ve dealt with this issue. I can really use your help on this.

Thanks,
Srinidhi

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only going to comment on (2) which is not a good idea to attempt to hide the deportation and ban from the US given US/Canada share information and you will be found out during any security/background checks leading to a possible Canada ban as well

Reactions: Srinidhi_k

Srinidhi_k

Jan 10, 2020
Only going to comment on (2) which is not a good idea to attempt to hide the deportation and ban from the US given US/Canada share information and you will be found out during any security/background checks leading to a possible Canada ban as well
That was my opinion too. I’m just putting options that people around me are suggesting here. But I appreciate your reply.

Srinidhi_k

Jan 10, 2020
You have to declare your deportation while updating the address, It won't have any effect on your application.
Thank you. That gives me some hope. What is the best way to change the address? And if I change it, will I be transferred to another Processing place?

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
No, You wont be transferred. Since your application is still in the early stage it won't make any difference.

You can update it online through the webform.

Reactions: Srinidhi_k