+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dependent visa

aarchishah

Dec 12, 2011
hello i want to ask you that am on student visa and m engaged...so after how much month i can go india and get married and after how much time my husband can come with me as a dependend?? please rply me soon.....i am waiting..i need your help please help me out...

spadesdoctor

Nov 16, 2011
aarchishah said:
hello i want to ask you that am on student visa and m engaged...so after how much month i can go india and get married and after how much time my husband can come with me as a dependend?? please rply me soon.....i am waiting..i need your help please help me out...
The best option is to contact your international student advisor. 8)

Zainuddin1989

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
As far as i understand, your husband has to apply for TRV there is no dependant visa for student's spouse

Thts my knowledge corrections welcome

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what i make of your post-you dont have legal documentation of marriage.You can go home anytime you want but most importantly you may want to go there during school breaks so that you dont interfere with your schooling schedules.

Provided your study visa is still valid,none is prohibited from flying to his home country.

Once you have the documents of marriage then your husband can apply as your spouse using the marriage certificates or affidavit of marriage to apply and pls give him a acopy of your visa to attach to his application.

It doesnt matter how much time provided you have the legal marriage certificates he always drop his application-You must be lonely and missing him too-I pray it works ;)

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must be missing him so much but dont worry he will soon join you :-*

Happened to me before my wife came over but unfortunately she didn't like it a lot here and went back home a gain am soon winding up my studies anyway.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi Habil,

Nice to know that u could bring ur spouse here. I am a PhD student and hold university scholarship still visa for my family (wife and 2 kids) are rejected twice. I applied their visa before I came here and we had plan to come together. Now I am alone in Canada and going to apply family visa again soon. Though I had included property valuation report, Bank statment (30000 CAD, but it was last hour deposit both the time) one of the reason was we dont have sufficient income or assets to carry out our stay in Canada. Other reasons were; travel history and length of proposed stay. Could you please share ur experience that can be of help in preparing my application; I would be grateful if u can share ur following information;

Type of visa u applied for ur wife (visitor or work permit and length)
Ur financial arrangement
and the list of documents u included with the visa application (would be really nice u give all the list)

Habil said:
You must be missing him so much but dont worry he will soon join you :-*

Happened to me before my wife came over but unfortunately she didn't like it a lot here and went back home a gain am soon winding up my studies anyway.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aarchishah said:
Hi,

1. Your question concerning dependent visa is valid only if you are a PR/Citizen of Canada.

2. Your only option is to apply for a visitor visa (even without any marriage) and for that you need;

I quote CIC;

To visit Canada, you must:

:have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
:be in good health;
:satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
:satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;
:and have enough money for your stay.

source: www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp