28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response!

Is it permitted in this forum to ask for recommendations for an immigration lawyer who can help with this case? I'm so worried, as the situation has to come to stage to leave my work opportunity in Canada to return back to Middle East. This would result in a loss of many years of effort and financial loss too. It's heartbreaking but I’m struggling to continue being apart from my child.

Also if you could please advice, should we apply for a reconsideration (with a webform to reopen the refusal), reapply a study permit after receiving the case notes or apply for a visitor visa?

Thank you.
It was a mistake to indicate your son was non-accompanying in your application and then turn around and apply for his study permit just a few weeks later. This makes it look like you listed him as non-accompanying for the purposes of showing ties to your home country when you always intended to bring him with you. IRCC doesn't like it when people play games like this in their application. Worst case scenario they can sometimes consider this as misrepresentation (although they haven't done that in your case which is good).

I would definitely order your GCMS notes immediately so that you can see what they say. I think you also need to include an LOE explaining why you listed your son as non-accompanying and then ended up applying for a study permit for him almost immediately afterward.

I don't have a recommendation for a lawyer however be aware that even with legal help, approval is never guaranteed.

You can always try requesting reconsideration. None of us can tell you if IRCC will reopen your application or not.

Good luck and hope you get the study permit approved.

TCS2024

Sep 17, 2024
It was a mistake to indicate your son was non-accompanying in your application and then turn around and apply for his study permit just a few weeks later. This makes it look like you listed him as non-accompanying for the purposes of showing ties to your home country when you always intended to bring him with you. IRCC doesn't like it when people play games like this in their application. Worst case scenario they can sometimes consider this as misrepresentation (although they haven't done that in your case which is good).

I would definitely order your GCMS notes immediately so that you can see what they say. I think you also need to include an LOE explaining why you listed your son as non-accompanying and then ended up applying for a study permit for him almost immediately afterward.

I don't have a recommendation for a lawyer however be aware that even with legal help, approval is never guaranteed.

You can always try requesting reconsideration. None of us can tell you if IRCC will reopen your application or not.

Good luck and hope you get the study permit approved.
Thank you so much for the advice.