+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent child Sponsorship request with no employment history

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Experts,

Need your suggestion/opinion here:

My wife and I are PR’s, currently in Canada, fulfilling RO.

Our child is on TRP and we are to sponsor PR visa. The question is who between my wife and I to sponsor the child?

I would have been the ideal chance as I have employment history abroad and would be easier to prove I could financially support my Child, but I have plans to leave Canada, to fulfil certain commitments abroad, for few months while the sponsor application for the child will be in progress in Canada. I understand I risk rejection of my child’s sponsorship request if I leave the country while application is in progress and hence would like to know if my PR wife could sponsor the child instead? She is not employed and does not have an employment history.
  • Would that in any way reduce the chances of approval of my child’s sponsorship request?
  • Would there be any questions arising as to how she could financially support the child without a Job?
  • If this option is too risky and I only could sponsor, are there any allowed number of days during when I could be abroad while sponsor application is in progress, or is it simply not allowed at all?
Your suggestions/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Just Bumping this up...

If anyone could share their suggestion/opinion here it would be great...thanks!

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Whoever is the sponsor has to show the ability to support the child. You're either using tax assessment or pay slips from a job.
There is really no way around that.
Even employment history on its own is not sufficient if one cannot show ongoing ability to earn a living to support their family.

can_asp

May 15, 2021
Thank you for your response @charliem!

if I sponsor my child, and if I have to briefly leave Canada for few weeks, to fulfil certain commitments abroad before returning, would that be ok or would that negatively impact the child's sponsorship application which would be in-progress in Canada at that moment. Trying to check if there is a way I can leave Canada and enter within few weeks without affecting
  1. My request to become a sponsor and
  2. My Child's PR application

Whoever is the sponsor has to show the ability to support the child. You're either using tax assessment or pay slips from a job.
There is really no way around that.
Even employment history on its own is not sufficient if one cannot show ongoing ability to earn a living to support their family.