+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delayed Applications - Citizenship test taken outside Canada

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
Hi all. My tracker shows that I should attend an interview with the immigration office in October. However, I still have not received any email about it. Currently, I am working outside Canada. Will the interview be done in Canada? What kinds of questions will I be asked? I appreciate your answers in this matter.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all. My tracker shows that I should attend an interview with the immigration office in October. However, I still have not received any email about it. Currently, I am working outside Canada. Will the interview be done in Canada? What kinds of questions will I be asked? I appreciate your answers in this matter.
Is the interview in person?
They generally check all the documents you submit as part of your application. Also they might ask you to show stamps for particular trip you took on your passport. Sometimes it could be language assessment too, based on the conversation they have. Details would be in the email.

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
Is the interview in person?
They generally check all the documents you submit as part of your application. Also they might ask you to show stamps for particular trip you took on your passport. Sometimes it could be language assessment too, based on the conversation they have. Details would be in the email.

Thanks. I have not received any email yet about the interview. Is it usually in person even when I am outside Canada?

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
I will have the interview next week (I should fly to Canada). After I received the invitation email for the interview, I saw two ghost updates on the tracker within three days. Any reason?
However, only the citizenship test was marked as completed four months ago (not even the background check). Should I expect anything?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I did not take the test outside Canada.
But I did travel mid of Jul for 2 weeks outside of Canada.
When I returned, I did email (to the Ceremonies and Test) IRCC SCR office that I am back in Canada and I did provide them copy of the ticket and boarding pass. I did not mention in that email to now expedite etc, it was just for there info... Later that same week Physical Presence, Language, Prohibitions were marked completed. 5 days later, tracker updated with Scheduled for Oath.
What would you suggest? We got the test invitation to be completed by Oct 19th. But we are returning on Oct 30th. Is it better to reschedule or give the test ?? May i know how did you proceed during your time??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What would you suggest? We got the test invitation to be completed by Oct 19th. But we are returning on Oct 30th. Is it better to reschedule or give the test ?? May i know how did you proceed during your time??
My suggestion is that you give the test asap and be done with it..
I did the test in Canada last yr in May...

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
My suggestion is that you give the test asap and be done with it..
I did the test in Canada last yr in May...
But people are saying that their applications got delayed crazily for giving test outside Canada right? What did you do to reschedule your test?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
But people are saying that their applications got delayed crazily for giving test outside Canada right? What did you do to reschedule your test?
That is a possibility,, but if you are coming back within the test window period it should be fine as well
I did not reschedule my test.
It was after my test in June that I wrote to IRCC to speed the processing of my application.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
That is a possibility,, but if you are coming back within the test window period it should be fine as well
I did not reschedule my test.
It was after my test in June that I wrote to IRCC to speed the processing of my application.
ok. So its better to write the test off here abroad and then wait for the decision? Arent they delaying those applications too as we see here?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
ok. So its better to write the test off here abroad and then wait for the decision? Arent they delaying those applications too as we see here?
It depends some applicants get delayed some don't.
So you cannot say for sure if you give your test outside of Canada your application will be delayed..
Since you will likely miss the window of test cut off date just give the test from outside Canada

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
Hey everyone!

Wondering if anyone is in the same position as me. Applied from Ottawa.

Me timeline below:

Online application: 7th Sept, 2022
BG completed: 23rd Dec, 2022
Test completed: 27th Mar, 2023 (outside Canada)
Language completed: 21st June, 2023
Online Teams interview: 20th Sept, 2023 (from outside Canada)
Returned to Canada on 5th Oct and emailed boarding pass to office, also raised a webform.

Since the interview there has been no update. My initial office was Niagara but application got moved to Mississauga. Just received GCMS notes and Prohibitions/Presence is assigned to RC-8090 which I believe is bad news as it will delay my application further. Location is assigned to “E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready”.

The application is beyond its due date of Sept 7, 2023. Are there any steps I can take to escalate? Thanks!

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hey everyone!

Wondering if anyone is in the same position as me. Applied from Ottawa.

Me timeline below:

Online application: 7th Sept, 2022
BG completed: 23rd Dec, 2022
Test completed: 27th Mar, 2023 (outside Canada)
Language completed: 21st June, 2023
Online Teams interview: 20th Sept, 2023 (from outside Canada)
Returned to Canada on 5th Oct and emailed boarding pass to office, also raised a webform.

Since the interview there has been no update. My initial office was Niagara but application got moved to Mississauga. Just received GCMS notes and Prohibitions/Presence is assigned to RC-8090 which I believe is bad news as it will delay my application further. Location is assigned to “E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready”.

The application is beyond its due date of Sept 7, 2023. Are there any steps I can take to escalate? Thanks!
Hey there, I'm curious if during your interview it was raised as an issue that you were outside Canada? Did you return because of this, or was your return always planned?

I've been outside Canada for most of my application process and trying to judge if it's causing delays.. my GCMS notes indicated I'll be interviewed, so based on your timelines this could happen in the next 1-2 months

Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th (outside Canada)
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd
GCMS notes recieved: August 22nd

Hanonymous

Jan 25, 2019
Hey there, I'm curious if during your interview it was raised as an issue that you were outside Canada? Did you return because of this, or was your return always planned?

I've been outside Canada for most of my application process and trying to judge if it's causing delays.. my GCMS notes indicated I'll be interviewed, so based on your timelines this could happen in the next 1-2 months

Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: Feb 27th 2023
Delivered: Feb 14th
AOR: March 16th
Background check: April 15th
Test Invitation: May 8th (test window May 10th - 30th)
Passed Citizenship test: May 15th (outside Canada)
Test complete: May 25th
Passport copy request: June 2nd
GCMS notes recieved: August 22nd
The interview was triggered because I gave my test outside Canada, this was confirmed by the IRCC agent when I called them. My return was planned and I sent them the boarding pass when I returned. I do believe giving test outside Canada causes delays. It's weird they expect us to remain in the country for 17 months and not go on holidays.