+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visa response

Ashwin George

Apr 15, 2020
Hello,
I had submitted my biometrics on March 10th and there is absolutely no response after that. Is there anyone who is going through the same situation?
Does anyone know about anybody getting visa response after march 18th or recently?
Is the visa office still processing requests or is it closed?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hello,
I had submitted my biometrics on March 10th and there is absolutely no response after that. Is there anyone who is going through the same situation?
Does anyone know about anybody getting visa response after march 18th or recently?
no response here too biomatrics done on 2nd march and medicle passed and review of elogbility startes on 3rd march after that nothing happened

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
There is a pandemic going on and no one is working.

Wages

Feb 19, 2020
Hello,
Kindly have some patience. Most IRCC processing centers are closed and the ones opened are operating with limited staff. And the same personnel will be processing most applications as quickly as they can. But until your application is closer to the processing time or passed it. Don’t worry much. You will get a response at the appropriate time until then your patience will be appreciated as there is a lockdown in most countries too hence there will be a delay in verifying some documents and enable smooth processing

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Applied on 19th March, no update since then. Now that I see your case, I feel it will be further delayed.

Some people have reported receiving visas during this week. Hopefully that should mean our visas may come in next week.

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
Even i have completed my biometric on 7th March no updates till date. My college was supposed to start on May 11.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Even i have completed my biometric on 7th March no updates till date. My college was supposed to start on May 11.
The current restrictions mean that unless a study permit was approved on or before March 18 nobody will be travelling anyway even if there were any flights. Seems doubtful this will be removed any time soon so will either have to make alternative arrangements or look at starting online

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
The current restrictions mean that unless a study permit was approved on or before March 18 nobody will be travelling anyway even if there were any flights. Seems doubtful this will be removed any time soon so will either have to make alternative arrangements or look at starting online

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors-foreign-workers-students.html#restrictions-students
Nobody is interested in traveling to Canada at this time. They just want the study permit approved so that they can start classes online from their home country.

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
Hi there;
My classes were supposed to start by May11 but due to COVID-19 I deferred it for Sep2020 and I received a New offer letter for September Intake
But, I still haven’t received the visa .Now my Councellor is saying u will receive visa as per September 2020 intake which is may be in month of August. How true is this???
Any help would be appreciated...

Aric127

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Hi there;
My classes were supposed to start by May11 but due to COVID-19 I deferred it for Sep2020 and I received a New offer letter for September Intake
But, I still haven’t received the visa .Now my Councellor is saying u will receive visa as per September 2020 intake which is may be in month of August. How true is this???

Can you explain how you able to connect with your counselor, is that a VFS official personnel ??

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Hi there;
Yes it is true now you'll receive visa for September intake instead of may

Ashwin George

Apr 15, 2020
Hello all
If we have to change course after submitting visa do we have to inform visa officer or submit new application?
Please respond.