+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferred admission to April 2015. Should I apply for Visa again?

sandeep054

Aug 31, 2014
Hello all!

I have deferred my admission from September 2014 to April 2015 term, and have got the deferral letter from the University. However, I have already obtained my Visa earlier in August 2014 for the September admission. I am wondering if I have to apply for a new Visa, or atleast inform CIC regarding my deferral. My Visa is Valid till 2016 December, and the last date to enter Canada as per my introduction letter is the same. I want to be doubly sure before I proceed to book my flight tickets, and I wish to avoid any kind of unwanted hurdles. I would be very happy if some one can guide me with this.
I request people who have faced a similar situation earlier or going to face it like me to comment here about their experience and share the information they know.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Cheers!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sandeep054 said:
Hello all!

I have deferred my admission from September 2014 to April 2015 term, and have got the deferral letter from the University. However, I have already obtained my Visa earlier in August 2014 for the September admission. I am wondering if I have to apply for a new Visa, or atleast inform CIC regarding my deferral. My Visa is Valid till 2016 December, and the last date to enter Canada as per my introduction letter is the same. I want to be doubly sure before I proceed to book my flight tickets, and I wish to avoid any kind of unwanted hurdles. I would be very happy if some one can guide me with this.
I request people who have faced a similar situation earlier or going to face it like me to comment here about their experience and share the information they know.

Thank you very much in advance :)

Cheers!

You do not have to apply again. You can enter anytime before December 2016. But you need a new/updated LOA at the time of your entry.

sandeep054

Aug 31, 2014
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the reply.

How do I get my visa extended? Since I've deferred my admission to April 2015, wouldn't I need a visa which will be valid for 2 years from then?

Thank you!

kakkar13

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , when did u applied for ur visa and when is its starting date?...i think you should once comsult it from VFS office

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sandeep054 said:
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the reply.

How do I get my visa extended? Since I've deferred my admission to April 2015, wouldn't I need a visa which will be valid for 2 years from then?

Thank you!

You will apply for study permit extension in December, 2016 before the expiry of current one. Application IMM 5709.

sandeep054

Aug 31, 2014
@Kakkar

I have applied for visa in July 2014, and was granted in the same month. It is valid for 2 years 4 months from then. But will VFS people be able to provide any information in this regard? Aren't they only a mediating agency?

sandeep054

Aug 31, 2014
If any one had such experience before, please share about your experience here. It will be very helpful if anyone can post the links of similar topics or topics on landing at the POE in such situations.

Thank you very much!

ashishk22

Nov 4, 2014
I'm in the same boat now! College is unable to give a delay start date, They are willing to defer the admission to August.

But I got an email yesterday for passport submission.

@sandeep054 What did you finally do ? What happened at port of entry ?