+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made Letter Spousal Sponsorship

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
our online application for spousal sponsorship says decision made. and we received a letter,

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in XXXX city will contact you' etc."

When we called cic, they said, the local office will contact and did not give us any information on what the exact decision was.

what does this mean. is this a letter for an interview for further verification or is this a landing interview... is the decision positive ? why would they not tell us about the decision..

also, we do not have any contact number to call the local city cic office... is it just wait and watch.... it has been a week since the letter.

Last edited:

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
If your application is in a VO outside Canada IRCC wont tell u anything. Did u receive a pre-arrival services letter ? If u did u can be 95% certain the decision is positive! Congrats

Reactions: Dann12

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
this is spousal sponsorship in-canada class. one we saw 'decisin made' on the website, we received this letter saying the local cic office in canada [ vancouver in this case ]will contact for finalizing the process. and asked us to get the passport there etc.

so i am curious, whether this is a positive decision or is it a formal interview ?

but since that letter.. we have not received anything from the local office for more than a week. so i was curious.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this is spousal sponsorship in-canada class. one we saw 'decisin made' on the website, we received this letter saying the local cic office in canada [ vancouver in this case ]will contact for finalizing the process. and asked us to get the passport there etc.

so i am curious, whether this is a positive decision or is it a formal interview ?

but since that letter.. we have not received anything from the local office for more than a week. so i was curious.
You just have to wait until you get the letter it can take a few weeks. Unless you have red flags it is likely to be an approval.

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
You just have to wait until you get the letter it can take a few weeks. Unless you have red flags it is likely to be an approval.
We did receive a letter today. It says,

subject line: Confirmation of Permanent Residence Appointment

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for.....

and has told us to get a bunch of original documents: passport, recent paystubs, marriage certificate, photo id and to pay any relevant fees if applicable.

is this a landing appointment or an interview ?

thanks for all the help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We did receive a letter today. It says,

subject line: Confirmation of Permanent Residence Appointment

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for.....

and has told us to get a bunch of original documents: passport, recent paystubs, marriage certificate, photo id and to pay any relevant fees if applicable.

is this a landing appointment or an interview ?

thanks for all the help
Landing appointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: downtoplanet

Kaur gurleen

Aug 28, 2021
Hello everyone..I received additional documents request 23rd Dec 2021 I submitted 4th jan 2022 and received pre arrival latter 7th jan....decision in process...what is the next ppr ..interview???