+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made" but no timeline addition ?

Alpina740

Jul 8, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied back in Nov 2016 and passed the test this Feb. During the interview the IO asked me to get a police certificate from the US (although my trips totaled no more than 33 days in the last four years). She marked a check requesting this certificate on a CIT0520 and handed it to me. I sent it to them within 45 days. A few days ago my status changed from IP to DM but I didn't get the usual 5th line that mentions an oath letter in the mail. Does anyone know if this is normal ? Anyone still get an oath invitation without that 5th line appearing in their ecas ?

I'm thinking of ordering an ATIP but I heard it's now taking almost 45 days to process. What do you guys think ?

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Hi everyone,

I applied back in Nov 2016 and passed the test this Feb. During the interview the IO asked me to get a police certificate from the US (although my trips totaled no more than 33 days in the last four years). She marked a check requesting this certificate on a CIT0520 and handed it to me. I sent it to them within 45 days. A few days ago my status changed from IP to DM but I didn't get the usual 5th line that mentions an oath letter in the mail. Does anyone know if this is normal ? Anyone still get an oath invitation without that 5th line appearing in their ecas ?

I'm thinking of ordering an ATIP but I heard it's now taking almost 45 days to process. What do you guys think ?
Same for me. DM but no 5th line yet. I think this is how things go with cic... they like make us wait. To make us happier the oath day lol.

Alpina740

Jul 8, 2017
Same for me. DM but no 5th line yet. I think this is how things go with cic... they like make us wait. To make us happier the oath day lol.
Could you please keep me posted on what happens ? Some friends who went through this situation last year told me this happens when there are no ceremony slots to place us in. If you think about it, it's a reasonable justification because the 5th line has to include an oath date. Maybe this is their way of telling us "you're all set and good to go but we don't have a seat for you yet"

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Could you please keep me posted on what happens ? Some friends who went through this situation last year told me this happens when there are no ceremony slots to place us in. If you think about it, it's a reasonable justification because the 5th line has to include an oath date. Maybe this is their way of telling us "you're all set and good to go but we don't have a seat for you yet"

As soon as i get the fifth line i ll update it on my signature.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is normal procedure. I received my DM a few days after test. Took a few months after that to receive the 5th line with oath date.

Reactions: Alpina740

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long after DM approximatively?
Just under two months. I know it is hard but try to be patient and enjoy looking forward becoming a Canadian citizen soon. All the best on this last step of your journey

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Just under two months. I know it is hard but try to be patient and enjoy looking forward becoming a Canadian citizen soon. All the best on this last step of your journey
No pain out of it, I m very patient ;-)
Thanks for sharing the info.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
I had the same experience with DM and no additional timeline. I guess it it normal. :confused:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I emphatically concur in suggestions to be patient. Processing times are currently way, way faster than they have been in a very long time. Does not seem all that long ago when many were reporting hearing nothing at all for six months to almost a year after the interview.

Qualified applicants who are confident they did everything right have virtually no reason to worry.

But I am posting here to express thanks for this part of the OP's post:

During the interview the IO asked me to get a police certificate from the US (although my trips totaled no more than 33 days in the last four years). She marked a check requesting this certificate on a CIT0520 and handed it to me.
There have been many queries in the forum about police certificates. In response I have often posted a reminder that the requirement to submit a police certificate is not necessarily dependent on being in a country for 183 days total, and in particular that IRCC can request a police certificate for any country the applicant has visited (or even which IRCC suspects the applicant visited) regardless how much time was spent in that country.

The OP not only confirmed this, but illustrated how little time in the other country can nonetheless result in being required to submit a police certificate.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hi everyone,

Hope the 5th line appeared in your history by the time you read this. I got 4th line that mentions an oath letter in the mail after about three weeks since the status was changed from IP to DM. A delay in oath letter is not uncommon, it appears only when a slot in oath ceremony becomes available...