+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2023 - Citizenship Applications

nikki89

Jul 17, 2014
So I joined the citizenship ceremony video 2 days ago and downloaded the e-certificate just yesterday (although we might have to wait 2-5 business days after the oath).
Hope all December applicants best of luck!

Btw, does anyone have experience applying for the new Canadian passport in Vancouver? I plan to do it in person but not sure the fastest way...

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
Hi, I submitted my application back in October 2023 and got my AoR in November. I gave the citizenship test in December and then was called for interview in March 2024. After that, there hasn't been any update. On July 9th it will be exactly 8 months (processing timeline as per IRCC). I did send them a webform inquiry in June but didn't get any specific response from them. What should I do?

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Hi, I submitted my application back in October 2023 and got my AoR in November. I gave the citizenship test in December and then was called for interview in March 2024. After that, there hasn't been any update. On July 9th it will be exactly 8 months (processing timeline as per IRCC). I did send them a webform inquiry in June but didn't get any specific response from them. What should I do?
You did the most. Once you pass processing timeline you may contact MP, and even that isn’t too promising. Just hope they start working on it soon.

luckyuser

Feb 6, 2024
its down to 7 months rn btw

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I am also still waiting for background. I called IRCC yesterday and they mentioned there is nothing I can do on it and the regular time line does not apply in my case.
Has anyone ordered before GCMS notes from
  • Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
  • Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
I am thinking of order GCMS notes from them to inquire about my background status.

seatosky_

Jan 23, 2024
I am also still waiting for background. I called IRCC yesterday and they mentioned there is nothing I can do on it and the regular time line does not apply in my case.
I am thinking of order GCMS notes from them to inquire about my background status.
Id love to know this too!

JagSidhu91

Oct 7, 2019
Same for me. Stuck at security check since last 4 months. I have sent ATIP request to IRCC, CBSA and CSIS. still waiting for response.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018