+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Moumzee

May 12, 2022
Can anyone tell me during background check of spousal sponsorship, do they contact all the employers listed in IMM 5669. DO THEY ALSO VERIFY EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can anyone tell me during background check of spousal sponsorship, do they contact all the employers listed in IMM 5669. DO THEY ALSO VERIFY EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS
Do you mean of the sponsor or the applicant? Why are you asking?

Assuming you're talking about the applicant -
Let's be clear: since both employment and education are not criteria they use to 'decide' spousal sponsorship, it's safe to say that they're not generally checking eg to make sure responsibilities at work or education degree corresponds with title or degree is 'valid.'

But putting untruthful things in there CAN cause problems - it's misrepresentation and can result in a ban.

And they may check some things if they don't seem to make sense or for security reasons, etc. To my knowledge this rarely means calling employers (but suppose they could if they wish). If they find things that don't look or seem right, they'll likely dig more (repeat as necessary).

So simple answer: tell the truth.

Moumzee

May 12, 2022
Do you mean of the sponsor or the applicant? Why are you asking?

Assuming you're talking about the applicant -
Let's be clear: since both employment and education are not criteria they use to 'decide' spousal sponsorship, it's safe to say that they're not generally checking eg to make sure responsibilities at work or education degree corresponds with title or degree is 'valid.'

But putting untruthful things in there CAN cause problems - it's misrepresentation and can result in a ban.

And they may check some things if they don't seem to make sense or for security reasons, etc. To my knowledge this rarely means calling employers (but suppose they could if they wish). If they find things that don't look or seem right, they'll likely dig more (repeat as necessary).

So simple answer: tell the truth.
Thank you for the reply. Yes I was talking about the applicant. Actually, in the last 10 years, I changed four jobs. I mentioned everything but I was not aware that they would contact the employers or not.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the reply. Yes I was talking about the applicant. Actually, in the last 10 years, I changed four jobs. I mentioned everything but I was not aware that they would contact the employers or not.
If you've told the truth, nothing to worry about.

Not heard about them contacting employers. Doesn't mean they won't if they think there's a good reason.

Reactions: freddieMercury

victoria bc

May 10, 2017
Sudan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone
I submitted my application on December 30th 2021 (online)
Since then i received nothing , only the generic email after i sent online, no AOR whatsoever.

I've contacted my MP , he spoke with IRCC , and the said there is nothing on their system.

My question,
Is it normal for AOR to take this long? And can I resubmit my application again?

Lira

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone
I submitted my application on December 30th 2021 (online)
Since then i received nothing , only the generic email after i sent online, no AOR whatsoever.

I've contacted my MP , he spoke with IRCC , and the said there is nothing on their system.

My question,
Is it normal for AOR to take this long? And can I resubmit my application again?
Try to post your question even at the facebook page, maybe smb could orient you even from there..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/?ref=share

STK91

May 26, 2022
Finally some hope after 2 months of wait.
COPR Details updated on the New tracker.
Timeline:
Applied- Dec 12th.
AOR, SA and medical- March 8th.
VO - Probably Ottawa as no visa office was mentioned.
Medical passed on March 16th.
Pre-arrival March 23rd.
Many Ghost Updates after this on the new tracker.
COPR- May 24th.
Did you receive your PPR?