+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2021 *OUTLAND* Spousal Sponsorship

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Thanks. Just sent an email and left a voicemail to my MP to check the email as well. Should I go in in-person to the office and request a meeting as well?
Go in person, bring all the documents from your application, and speak with someone. They will follow up with IRCC ASAP.

Reactions: tanda04 and valvlad

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
I'd see how call / email works. Many don't do in-person - covid and crazy people.
True. I also tried email in April and didn't get anywhere until I went in-person in August to get a concrete update in September. Since then, I'm regularly working with the admin who checks up with IRCC often; GCMS notes confirm it.

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
True. I also tried email in April and didn't get anywhere until I went in-person in August to get a concrete update in September. Since then, I'm regularly working with the admin who checks up with IRCC often; GCMS notes confirm it.
They responded via email and requested that I send a signed consent form the same day. I did that. That was a week ago, any idea how soon I should expect any news? I haven't emailed anything since, because of the Christmas and New Years holiday... Seems like Vancouver MP tries to help quite fast.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Two to three weeks is pretty normal. Esp given holidays .

That said not sure how useful an answer they will get out of Warsaw, it seems to be a major bottleneck.

Last edited:

nkymary

Feb 22, 2017
Updated timeline for my husband's PR application from Nigeria. Hope it helps
Submission Date: December 23, 2021
AOR: March 15, 2022
Biometrics Letter: April 5, 2022
Biometrics Done: April 27, 2022
SA: April 6, 2022 (Moved to Accra VO same day)
Medicals Request: May 24, 2022
Medicals Status in-progress: May 24, 2022
Medicals Passed: June 10, 2022
Eligibility in Progress: Oct 13, 2022
Additional Document Request (ADR):
November 11, 2022
ADR received: November 14, 2022
Invitation for Pre-arrival services: November 23, 2022
Passport request: November 23, 2022
Eligibility updated to complete: November 24, 2022
Background verification updated to complete: November 24, 2022
Passport Received at VFS Abuja, Nigeria: December 1, 2022
Notice from VFS Abuja that Passport has been sent to IRCC Office: December 1, 2022
Notice from VFS Abuja that Passport has been received back from IRCC Office: December 22, 2022
Passport got to my husband: January 4, 2023

• Love
Reactions: Portgas D. Ace

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022
Two to three weeks is pretty normal. Esp given holidays .

That said not sure how useful an answer they will get out of Warsaw, it seems to be a major bottleneck.
Ugh. I’m guessing the Warsaw bottleneck is because of Ukrainian refugees?

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hey everyone,

Our application hasn’t had any updates since April 22, 2022. We applied online on December 14, 2021. My wife is the PA and I’m the sponsor. We are tired of traveling around just to be together. Any idea on what I can do to help move the needle? Our application is in Warsaw. Medical was passed in April, Biometrics shortly before that. My eligibility was done as well. Her eligibility and background check says “not started yet” still.

Does anyone know how to find the local MP to contact about an application, I live in Downtown, Vancouver.
We have the exact same story. Applied Nov 18, 2021. Application was transferred to Warsaw around Mar 1, 2022. Since then absolutely nothing - everything is at "Not Started" including eligibility and Background Check.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We have the exact same story. Applied Nov 18, 2021. Application was transferred to Warsaw around Mar 1, 2022. Since then absolutely nothing - everything is at "Not Started" including eligibility and Background Check.
I'd add and follow-on question for those whose files seem stuck in Warsaw - are the files for Russian nationals?

To me it's quite clear that whatever the reasons, it seems there are big delays for Russians. Whether this is a specific decision, or a backlog for 'back office' things (eg massive shortfall in staff who can do background checks/security for Russians incl knowledge of Russian language), de-prioritization, just overload or whatever - I don't know. But the effect seems the same, longer delays for Russians.

I've heard through an acquaintance an issue where supposedly IRCC would not even accept a TRV application from a Russian spouse; that said, I don't fully believe this because it doesn't make sense (and they seem to get wires crossed about things regarding Cdn bureaucracy). At any rate, the spouse left Russia because of mobilization and is trying to get another citizenship by ancestry, the Canadian spouse will eventually sponsor (and I dont' understand why they haven't done yet). On the other hand, the consulate/authorities (I assume in Moscow) have been nothing but helpful in getting Cdn passports for the young children.

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
I'd add and follow-on question for those whose files seem stuck in Warsaw - are the files for Russian nationals?

To me it's quite clear that whatever the reasons, it seems there are big delays for Russians. Whether this is a specific decision, or a backlog for 'back office' things (eg massive shortfall in staff who can do background checks/security for Russians incl knowledge of Russian language), de-prioritization, just overload or whatever - I don't know. But the effect seems the same, longer delays for Russians.

I've heard through an acquaintance an issue where supposedly IRCC would not even accept a TRV application from a Russian spouse; that said, I don't fully believe this because it doesn't make sense (and they seem to get wires crossed about things regarding Cdn bureaucracy). At any rate, the spouse left Russia because of mobilization and is trying to get another citizenship by ancestry, the Canadian spouse will eventually sponsor (and I dont' understand why they haven't done yet). On the other hand, the consulate/authorities (I assume in Moscow) have been nothing but helpful in getting Cdn passports for the young children.
Yep PA is a Russian national. We've reached out to our MP multiple times and he has been helpful, but IRCC just replies saying that our file is "well within normal processing times" which at the moment is 18 months. Not sure what we can do from here other than wait.

tanda04

Apr 23, 2022

She isn't a Russian national. She is Kazakh. Don't know if that helps or not.

However, that's pretty sad that immigration officers would de-prioritize Russian nationals. Wouldn't that be illegal?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yep PA is a Russian national. We've reached out to our MP multiple times and he has been helpful, but IRCC just replies saying that our file is "well within normal processing times" which at the moment is 18 months. Not sure what we can do from here other than wait.
Yes, unfortunately right now it seems to be worst for Russian nationals (in addition to or same thing as the warsaw backlogs).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
She isn't a Russian national. She is Kazakh. Don't know if that helps or not.
Well this may be a test of whether it's a warsaw issue or a passport/nationality issue.

However, that's pretty sad that immigration officers would de-prioritize Russian nationals. Wouldn't that be illegal?
How do you figure? Canada can't discriminate on this basis (in some respects anyway, like criminal liability) once people are in the country. But it does get to decide who it lets in.

(Ever notice that nationals of some countries need visas and have to pay money, and others don't? Pure discrimination. Entirely legal.)