17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hoping for your comments. Got notes as follows:
*****Note: Review required of Employment Records regarding contracts and Duties- eDocs #'s 402817507, ...(lists 5 docs)
( Client Information) ***A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA-FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA-FUNDS: Proof of funds not required-arranged employment as per R76 (1)(b) (ii) FSW points total 78: Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRWS Score t invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR) 472 Total CRS Points Assessed/Verfiied: 447 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: Qualifying Job offer: Valid LMIA # (redacted for this post) at ITA and APR; letter dated 2020-08-28 confirms employment offer of at least one year. e doc # (redacted for this post) confirms sibling in Canada

I understand we can provide webform with the duties if we can manage this, but still concerned about the 447 score mention--is this dicting they are assessing less than the points at the cut of off and initial application? and how to come to know why the other 2 jobs need review when it doesnt indicated duties not listed. Any other useful info here?? Thanks very much!
Did you provide job duties for all your work reference and does it match the JDs of the respective NOC?

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

TButler77

Mar 30, 2021
Thanks very much @legalfalcon I think they weren't on the job letters of a couple of them..I will aim to provide through webform.
Can you comment at all on what this section means? it is reassessing the score at application?

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRWS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR) 472 Total CRS Points Assessed/Verfiied: 447 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: Qualifying Job offer: Valid LMIA # (redacted for this post) at ITA and APR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks very much @legalfalcon I think they weren't on the job letters of a couple of them..I will aim to provide through webform.
Can you comment at all on what this section means? it is reassessing the score at application?

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRWS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR) 472 Total CRS Points Assessed/Verfiied: 447 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: Qualifying Job offer: Valid LMIA # (redacted for this post) at ITA and APR
Your CRS points that you claimed in your profile are assessed in the note, and base on the documents what all can be assessed, will be allocated, if it cannot be verified or your documents are missing, it will be deducted from the score.

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when
  • the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if
  • the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, as corroborated by the applicant’s supporting documentation; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
Accordingly, officers should refuse an application under section A11.2 if it is determined that
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

IF your work reference letter do not have Job duties, you will not be given points for that work experience. Similarly, to claim points for your arranged employment, your letter has to meet the IRCC prerequisites.

sam_wolf

Jan 5, 2021
Hello!
I was wondering if I could travel abroad while IRCC is studying my application (AOR Dec 8. 2020) - I understand it might take a while until they get to me. I submitted my travel history of course, and I am wondering what would happen if I were to apply for a tourist visa (no country specifically)?

Would that further delay my application because I would need to let them know that I travelled?
I have a similar question

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Just spoke with IRCC agent

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: in progress
Office Ottawa
Note: HK PCC is not yet delivered

4 months since AOR and eligibility is not yet started. Do i need to worry?

Reactions: zac0999

Dnr1994

Jul 25, 2019
Dear All, please can anyone advise me on the below,

I applied to Canada Express Entry FSW online and my date of acknowledgment was on 15.12.2020. (I used a representative to handle my application on my behalf - he is a IRCC registered lawyer), however, he does not provide me information on each processing steps in my application (he is telling he will let me know when he hears from IRCC). since I do not have access to online account I decided to call IRCC at +1888 242 2100. I only listened to the automated response. below is the exact information I received from automated phone;

AOR: 15.12.2020
If we need more information from you or once the final decision has been made we will contact you.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need a interview.
We are processing your background check.

**Kindly note that my e-medicals were passed as informed to me by my Representative/agent. also, I submitted Biometrics on 25.01.2021.

I would highly appreciate what above means, (eligibility is under review means is it still at the initial stage?

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

I recently married my other half (Canadian national). This needs to be declared to IRCC to the best of my knowledge, however as we don't yet have our official marriage certificate issued, is there a timeframe by which this needs to be sent to IRCC? Does anyone have any advice on this in general?

Many thanks

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
@legalfalcon hoping for your comments. Got notes as follows:
*****Note: Review required of Employment Records regarding contracts and Duties- eDocs #'s 402817507, ...(lists 5 docs)
( Client Information) ***A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS-Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA-FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA-FUNDS: Proof of funds not required-arranged employment as per R76 (1)(b) (ii) FSW points total 78: Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRWS Score t invitation to apply (ITA) 472 CRS points minimum score for round: 471 CRS score at application (APR) 472 Total CRS Points Assessed/Verfiied: 447 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: Qualifying Job offer: Valid LMIA # (redacted for this post) at ITA and APR; letter dated 2020-08-28 confirms employment offer of at least one year. e doc # (redacted for this post) confirms sibling in Canada

I understand we can provide webform with the duties if we can manage this, but still concerned about the 447 score mention--is this dicting they are assessing less than the points at the cut of off and initial application? and how to come to know why the other 2 jobs need review when it doesnt indicated duties not listed. Any other useful info here?? Thanks very much!
May i ask how many years of experience do you have?

brarvj

Jul 26, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
09/12/2020
I received a ghost update just now. This is a 2nd ghost update I received.