+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It doesn't sound like a PFL tho. More like ADR or they can actually do interview to clarify something that is not that substanstial
Yes, I agree, just sounds like an ADR, and for an issue that will need clarifying/fixed. Well, it is substantial in one sense (what is the child's actual name and identification of the mother), but doesn't sound like in dispute.

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Yes, I agree, just sounds like an ADR, and for an issue that will need clarifying/fixed. Well, it is substantial in one sense (what is the child's actual name and identification of the mother), but doesn't sound like in dispute.
Still, be careful with that section 16(1) quote. If you search this forum using that keyword, you will find threads that are not fun to read

Reactions: armoured

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I see - I assume you explained all this originally? If so, don't see that there's much of an issue from IRCC side, just waiting for you to sort it out.
Yes it was explained when I originally applied, but we didn’t include all the court documents in the original application.

rkhan12725

Jan 5, 2021
Applied in Dec 2019 spousal outland application.
Biometrics , medical done in Feb 2020.
Prearrival letter Nov 2020.
Repeat Medical Request : Feb 2021
Medical Test : Feb 2021
PPR received. 5 Mar 2021

How many days it takes once you submit passport ?

SumitJ

May 21, 2020
Applied in Dec 2019 spousal outland application.
Biometrics , medical done in Feb 2020.
Prearrival letter Nov 2020.
Repeat Medical Request : Feb 2021
Medical Test : Feb 2021
PPR received. 5 Mar 2021

How many days it takes once you submit passport ?
What's your Visa Office? It depends. Usually it take 2-3 weeks

applepy

Nov 20, 2020
Received our passports back w/o either a VISA / COPR from CPC-Ottawa, aloingwith a letter stating that we should hear from the Visa office regarding permanent residence. I am not sure whether its because we're outland candidates residing in Canada, and perhaps don't require either of Visa / COPR. Has anyone else faced the same situation?

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
I never heard that pasport is returned after ppr. You still need the COPR and pr visa to do the virtual landing

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Seems like thats happening. Found an entire thread on the same topic. Planning to call IRCC to get some idea.
Yeah,i just read that thread as well. Seems like due to Covid they no longer issue copr for people already in Canada and they just mail out the pr card directly. What important in COPR is the date you become permanent resident. It is the date when officer sign off your copr when you do the landing. This date is needed when doing pr renewal or application for citizenship later on. But I think now they changed the mechanism

applepy

Nov 20, 2020
Yeah,i just read that thread as well. Seems like due to Covid they no longer issue copr for people already in Canada and they just mail out the pr card directly. What important in COPR is the date you become permanent resident. It is the date when officer sign off your copr when you do the landing. This date is needed when doing pr renewal or application for citizenship later on. But I think now they changed the mechanism
Yes, but there are cases on that thread that have waited from weeks to months to get to a PR. Hope to receive some sort of validation of this theory from IRCC tomorrow / via webform.

Sk094

Jan 30, 2021
Hi everyone i have a question. I am an outland dec 2019 applicant. My vo last week issued 5 pre arrivals and ppr request! We recieved an email last month from the vo saying processing times cannot be estimated and such enquiries will not be answered. Im kinda getting impatient and want to know whats going on. Do you think its a good idea for me to email them to follow up if eligibility and security check has been passed ? Or started?

wongjowo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi everyone i have a question. I am an outland dec 2019 applicant. My vo last week issued 5 pre arrivals and ppr request! We recieved an email last month from the vo saying processing times cannot be estimated and such enquiries will not be answered. Im kinda getting impatient and want to know whats going on. Do you think its a good idea for me to email them to follow up if eligibility and security check has been passed ? Or started?
Order gcms, it will tell you everything with your file.. who did what and when

Dont bother to email them, they will not give you answer