+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>DECEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
3 weeks ago there were 3 death cases in Italy. Now they have 2.500 deaths, 1.100 just in last 4 days, and this trend is not slowing down. Spain has almost identical numbers, just 10 or so days behind them, France and Germany have passed the line of controlled epidemic. US has surpassed 100 victims and they are by far the largest country influenced, after China. Predictions are that peak of this situation will happen in 2 to 3 weeks, and it will not go down to reasonable numbers for another 5 to 6 weeks. Public sector is closed, even banks are closed or on minimum working hours. You really shouldn't think about going anywhere right now.

Military (with guns) is on the streets of almost every European country, which is almost unheard of since WW2.
I am within Canada already. I am working in a hotel and now it like deadly quiet. The manager has mentioned laying off some staffs and I am probably the first on his list since I am a foreign worker and there is no reason for him to keep me in this crisis... If I am laid off, there is no chance for me...

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
I am within Canada already. I am working in a hotel and now it like deadly quiet. The manager has mentioned laying off some staffs and I am probably the first on his list since I am a foreign worker and there is no reason for him to keep me in this crisis... If I am laid off, there is no chance for me...
whats your status?. on a closed work permit? . on LMIA?. be detailed

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
yes closed work permit linked to LMIA..
bud. i have read a lot of cases like yours. go online and do extensive research on your next steps. since you're on closed work permit, you have to inform CIC on change of circumstances (if you get laid off). changes in your status has effects on your application since your work is LMIA based. start looking for back ups and options.

ahiney

Oct 30, 2019
bud. i have read a lot of cases like yours. go online and do extensive research on your next steps. since you're on closed work permit, you have to inform CIC on change of circumstances (if you get laid off). changes in your status has effects on your application since your work is LMIA based. start looking for back ups and options.
If I lose my work, my application will be canceled for sure. All I can think of is getting another job but nowadays it is extremely hard to find an employer who would go through all the LMIA processes for some foreign workers that they don't even know. devastated... Thank you for your advice and time though.

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
If I lose my work, my application will be canceled for sure. All I can think of is getting another job but nowadays it is extremely hard to find an employer who would go through all the LMIA processes for some foreign workers that they don't even know. devastated... Thank you for your advice and time though.
send applications. go to recruitment/hiring agencies. talk to your boss. hope everything will be fine for you.

Reactions: ahiney

theforeignmaster

Dec 23, 2019
Hi all!
why is it that some get more detailed status about the stages of your application and i submitted a web form and got only this :confused:
"
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
"

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hi all!
why is it that some get more detailed status about the stages of your application and i submitted a web form and got only this :confused:
"

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
"
I submitted a webform to update the about my resignation from a part time job and asked about my status......only to get a standard response.
Nothing about eligibility, security not started and criminality in progress

Inde05

Mar 3, 2020
Hi all!
"

"
I also got same response.
I think Outland candidates get such a response, bcoz applications may be at the local visa offices in respective countrry & ircc may not be aware of the exact status.

Inde05

Mar 3, 2020
Just checked immitracker. The trend suggests that earlier most applications were getting processed b/w 3-4 months time.
But the corona outbreak semms to have caused some delay & now its taking b/w 4-5 months to get ppr.
I think from here on it will depend on how this virus situation onfolds in Canada, & hence times may even further increase.

But I dont think that those having aor in Dec are significantly affected, bcoz anyway with the current situation, one cannot expect the travel restrictions to be removed before April end (if things don't get worse) & I think by that time people with aor in Dec should start getting ppr & hence can start planning for their travel.