AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Can someone confirm if AOR 2 arrives a couple days after it hits the local VO and has started processing? Therefore if the VO is backlogged the application could be sitting on the pile there for a while until AOR2 is received yeah? Finally, going by these assumptions do you agree that PA evaluations start once AOR2 has been confirmed? (Had no action a week after SA, and I love progress.) The PA's side says they do not need additional documents (background hasn't started processing yet nor medical req'd); we proactively submitted the police check.

Looks like we're dealing with the Mexico City VO- from what I read about this VO, month-long delays could be in store! :)

Application Rec'd - Dec 01 2018
AOR 1 - Jan 29 2019
Linked GC Key/ ECAS -Jan 31 2019
SA - Feb 07 2019

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Can someone confirm if AOR 2 arrives a couple days after it hits the local VO and has started processing? Therefore if the VO is backlogged the application could be sitting on the pile there for a while until AOR2 is received yeah? Finally, going by these assumptions do you agree that PA evaluations start once AOR2 has been confirmed? (Had no action a week after SA, and I love progress.) The PA's side says they do not need additional documents (background hasn't started processing yet nor medical req'd); we proactively submitted the police check.

Looks like we're dealing with the Mexico City VO- from what I read about this VO, month-long delays could be in store! :)

AOR 1 - Jan 29 2019
SA - Feb 07 2019
I received SA on the same day and no Medical request yet. ! Not sure whats happening

Reactions: dorkismalorkis

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

AOR 1 - Jan 29 2019
SA - Feb 07 2019
same timeline, same status...It looks like no update for any of us this week.

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
Yeah, it seems like the only (semi) predictable steps are the early ones that are completed in Canada by the CPC, i.e. AOR1, Biometrics, SA and Medical. After that, once it starts its path to the VO, it seems to be kind of a crapshoot which messages you'll receive and how long they take! (Granted, I also imagine some background checks are more involved than others, some relationships require more investigation than others, etc, which would explain some of the timeline differences.)

On a similar note, from the moment our GCKey account went live it has said "we are processing your background check" when I believe that doesn't really start until it gets to your VO (and indeed in ECAS it doesn't say "We started processing your application" in the PA's details per the image you posted above from the other thread). Unless you are completely obsessive (and let's face it, even if you are, like *cough* some of us here), it gets pretty confusing trying to figure out what things mean or what to expect next. Once we get past the medical request I'm probably just going to give up all expectations or predictions and just keep my fingers crossed I guess!

Thanks for this. This is the part I have been wondering about. I am surely obsessing over it on a week to week basis :) Will try to just forget the process a little.

Reactions: schweisy

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019

AOR 1 - Jan 29 2019
SA - Feb 07 2019
I posted earlier in this thread (I think?) about how spotty AOR2 seems to be -- some people get it, some people don't. My assumption was that if you do get it from the VO, it's a confirmation of when they receive it, but not when they start processing it (that would be indicated in ECAS maybe though). But that is really just a guess on my part! In general it seems like once your meds are over the rest of the steps (aka the ones that take place at the NDVO) are very unpredictable and you'll likely be dealing with inscrutable silence for months and months, unlike this sorta fast and furious early period, which is so much more satisfying.

I do find GCKey completely mystifying -- as I've mentioned before, from the moment ours went live (which was the same day as AOR1), it has said "We are processing your background check." Obviously the file isn't actually with the VO at that point, so I had assumed it just automatically switches to that for everyone once they start entering it into the system. But if I'm reading correctly, yours actually doesn't say that? Where's the hands thrown up emoji? I think I give up! :confused:o_O:p

[EDIT: Sorry! I just noticed you had already responded to my earlier post! Forgetting the process a little, if possible, seems to be the right approach for sure! :)]

Reactions: JoshC and svilli

NilaS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
No problem, I got my biometric request today so I've been reading the letter religiously. :D Off to London on Monday to get it done.
My hubby going to do on Monday as well. He have travel same place for medical too. I wish he could get medical request the same time. but no update for medical yet.

Rajesh27

Feb 14, 2019
India
AOR Received.
23-03-2019
Med's Request
29-03-2019
Med's Done....
15-04-2019
2-3 months
Much Thanks mate for your feedback.

If known, please advice, is it okay to proceed for overseas employment (Merchant Navy) for a period of 4 to 5 months and do the biometric

Desjar

Jan 28, 2019
Received application Oct 23rd
Received AOR January 26 , 2019

How long does it take to get the SA I am now 21 days and have heard nothing
My wife is in China .
She has her visa to Canada good until 2024 does this slow things ?

Can anyone help ? Thanks

CecDec2013

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Admin Please update my Profile to Dec 2018

Outland
Application Received: Dec 20/18
Principal Applicant's VISA Office: New Delhi,India
Sponsor's City: Sarnia, ON
AOR1: 2019-02-15

Thank you

dorkismalorkis

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Canada and Costa Rica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
30-12-2019
AOR Received.
01-29-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
LANDED..........
02-02-2019
I posted earlier in this thread (I think?) about how spotty AOR2 seems to be -- some people get it, some people don't. My assumption was that if you do get it from the VO, it's a confirmation of when they receive it, but not when they start processing it (that would be indicated in ECAS maybe though). But that is really just a guess on my part! In general it seems like once your meds are over the rest of the steps (aka the ones that take place at the NDVO) are very unpredictable and you'll likely be dealing with inscrutable silence for months and months, unlike this sorta fast and furious early period, which is so much more satisfying.

I do find GCKey completely mystifying -- as I've mentioned before, from the moment ours went live (which was the same day as AOR1), it has said "We are processing your background check." Obviously the file isn't actually with the VO at that point, so I had assumed it just automatically switches to that for everyone once they start entering it into the system. But if I'm reading correctly, yours actually doesn't say that? Where's the hands thrown up emoji? I think I give up! :confused:o_O:p

[EDIT: Sorry! I just noticed you had already responded to my earlier post! Forgetting the process a little, if possible, seems to be the right approach for sure! :)]
You are right. Hands thrown up for sure. Ours on the PA side still says

"Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"

Reactions: schweisy

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
You are right. Hands thrown up for sure. Ours on the PA side still says

"Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check"
I believe there will be Medical Request before background check.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Received application Oct 23rd
Received AOR January 26 , 2019

How long does it take to get the SA I am now 21 days and have heard nothing
My wife is in China .
She has her visa to Canada good until 2024 does this slow things ?

Can anyone help ? Thanks
Congratulations!

Her visa will not slow things down but if she is in Canada, she has to maintain good status (e.g., don't overstay).

You can update your stats here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=126899317

My wife is in China too but her visitor visa was rejected. :-(

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I believe there will be Medical Request before background check.
Agreed, which means @dorkismalorkis's status actually makes perfect sense. No idea why mine and others' randomly says "we are processing your background check" from the very beginning...! o_O:rolleyes: Once meds are over I will quit even attempting to make sense of it!