+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
umaseel said:
Hi, everyone am new to this forum and I like it
My application says as follows

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3.We started processing your application on March 3, 2015.

4.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 13, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

5.We sent you a letter on April 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
They sent me the fingerprint request and I did it already. Did anyone else do it and if so how long did it take them to reply.

well, yours is quite different from most cases in this forum, have no idea why they have sent you such this request, but the point is this doc is asked to finalized ur application. No need to be worried about. The next letter is the test invit.

Good luck

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umaseel said:

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2014.

2.We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

4.Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on March 13, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

5.We sent you a letter on April 1, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
They sent me the fingerprint request and I did it already. Did anyone else do it and if so how long did it take them to reply.

This is called RQ ( residence questionnaire). They will probably ask you to collect some documents to proof that you were living in Canada, like you rent/ lease agreement, car insurance, bank statement etc.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
This is called RQ ( residence questionnaire). They will probably ask you to collect some documents to proof that you were living in Canada, like you rent/ lease agreement, car insurance, bank statement etc.
He already said its a fingerprint request, not RQ.

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
umaseel said:

I am not pretty sure what they mean by Fingerprinting!! Maybe it depends on the nature of the application, but for curiosité of mine, how did you apply for fingerprinting?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umaseel said:

Your name or similar name shows up during background check and CIC needs fingerprint to make sure that it is not you. Nothing to worry about if you are not on the criminal list system.
Cheers,

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soheil said:
I am not pretty sure what they mean by Fingerprinting!! Maybe it depends on the nature of the application, but for curiosité of mine, how did you apply for fingerprinting?
Any police station should be able to process this request.

umaseel

Apr 14, 2015
soheil said:
They asked me to do a digital fingerprint which will be processed the same day and sent to RCMP and they send it back to them , they give you a list of offices that you can do them and I did it in 55 town centre court.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
So I called CIC again this morning as per the advice of some of you guys (to call in the morning lol). And I didn't even have to lie that I couldn't access the eCAS. I just told him that I was calling to check the status of my application. And, unlike the agent from last week, he asked me for my info and accessed my file. Basically no new information. He just said that my file is still in Sydney and hasn't been transferred yet, but that it was complete with all the documents needed. I failed to ask him about the background checks. Do you think I should ? Anyway I am 46 days post AOR, and the record right now is 56 days. So I'll keep waiting and see if I break that record on Friday of next week. Anyway, I am calling them again on June 5th if I don't have a test date by then...
In the meantime, I wish good luck to some of you who are writing their test tomorrow !
Sorry for the long wait. I know it is stressful. Do they start the background check in Sidney or the local office?

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
First I need to mention something for you guys. really appreciated if let me know ur idea. Actullay, the following case is bit made me worry. When I filed my application, just one week after, I realized that I had 2 mistakes in section of the ''previous history of 4 years before the date of your signed application'', section 6 of the application form, Citizenship.

In fact, instead of typing 2011-**-**, I have typed 2012-**-**. The point is, if the officer follows the dates, she/he can understand what is going on with this report of the previous four years just before my application (I mean the dates typed in order). Regarding this matter, I called the CIC call centre to let them know what the origin of the problem is. The lady said that if necessary, the agent would call you later for clarification, but NOTHING YET!

My question is,

Can this histroy of error cause me trouble during interview, RQ or whatever since I have completed the residency requirements to be here in Canada for 1095 days?

My current situation for citizenship: We have started processing your application on 09 April 2015.

Thanks in advance,

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I'm glad the early morning call worked for you! It seems your file is ok, may just had a slow officer. Be more patient, your day will come!

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Friends, I am sooooo happy today :) ;D ;D

I received the long awaited news about my Citizenship ceremony here in Australia. I will be attending the Citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2015 and finally become an Aussie. It took more than 9 years for me to become a Citizen of this wonderful country as i came here as a student.

I will be moving to Canada after that and then the mission(Canadian Citizen) starts. My wife already has her Canadian Citizenship application in process.

All in all it took 4 months for the Citizenship process to be done and dusted here in Australia.

I wish everyone here and my wife a speedy processing for their Citizenship application.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
Friends, I am sooooo happy today :) ;D ;D

I received the long awaited news about my Citizenship ceremony here in Australia. I will be attending the Citizenship ceremony on 21 May 2015 and finally become an Aussie. It took more than 9 years for me to become a Citizen of this wonderful country as i came here as a student.

I will be moving to Canada after that and then the mission(Canadian Citizen) starts. My wife already has her Canadian Citizenship application in process.

All in all it took 4 months for the Citizenship process to be done and dusted here in Australia.

I wish everyone here and my wife a speedy processing for their Citizenship application.
Harry,

Wonderful news! Patience pays off my friend!

We are aware of your spouse's application and hopefully she gets the test date before your Oath!

It is matter of weeks for you to be here then...

All the best

SFD