+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

eurotel

Mar 3, 2014
Today I received the notice to appear to write a citizenship test on June 03. MI local office is London Ontario. is a family application and I had two travels for a total of 120 days in the last 6 years.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
eurotel said:
Today I received the notice to appear to write a citizenship test on June 03. MI local office is London Ontario. is a family application and I had two travels for a total of 120 days in the last 6 years.
Congratulation Eurotel.

This is very big news. I think you are the first person in our batch who received test invitation. Did your eCAS updated?

Regards

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats, Did your Ecas status got updated as well ?

eurotel said:

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
according to that list , 4 case have already completed :eek: :eek: :eek:

Indrachak25 said:
Thanks guys for continuously updating the status. Really helpful.

As you are aware, a lot of people from November 2013 have started getting test invite this month. Out of whim, first time I decided to call CIC to get an idea on application status, though only 'In process' shows up on my application portal. It appears that my application has moved to local office of Scarborough after clearing different hurdles including background checks (mine is in December 2013). Given that November 2013 applicants are getting test invite, you might likely get test dates pretty soon. My guess is if everything on schedule, most of you should have your test dates starting June.

So start prepping for the Test! Best of luck!!!!

aamer43

May 6, 2009
eurotel said:
Congratulations eurotel

This is great news, thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Did your ecas status updated as well ?

eurotel

Mar 3, 2014
Thanks everybody. My e-cast shows nothing different, just the in process line. Received line was gone on April 26.

regina_jy

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
eurotel said:
Thanks everybody. My e-cast shows nothing different, just the in process line. Received line was gone on April 26.
But then, did they updated anything under "In Process". As in if you click "in process", can you see your test details information updated in there?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
So, we're at about 6 months now - anybody know anything about the processing time for child-only applications (no tests, no residency period required because I'm Canadian, no oath required because they are under 14, they're too young (so far) for criminal background checks...)? I'm assuming we'll be processed in Montreal (where we live) unless minors get processed centrally. Do they just mail the citizenship card when they are done processing, or do you have to show up to an oath ceremony to swap the PR card for the citizenship card?

There's really no rush for us because the kids can travel on their US passports visa-free to just about anywhere they can go with Canadian passports, I'm just curious because PR took an unexpectedly long time for my family and I'm ready to have no contact with CIC for a while (at least until my wife has lived here long enough to apply).

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
SO I JUST CALLED CIC, THEY CONFIRMED MY FILE RIGHT NOW IS IN MISSISSAUGA OFFICE(TRANSFERRED), BUT HE SAID THE DELAY WAITING TIME IS STILL 24 MONTHS, I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE MEANS BY THAT(ARE WE GOING TO EXPECT FUTURE DELAYS) OR HE IS INSTRUCTED TO MENTION THIS STATEMENT.

ANY ONE FACED SAME SITUATION OVER THE PHONE?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats a standard statement...
Order your ATIP report for more details...
Good Luck!

ngyammine said:
SO I JUST CALLED CIC, THEY CONFIRMED MY FILE RIGHT NOW IS IN MISSISSAUGA OFFICE(TRANSFERRED), BUT HE SAID THE DELAY WAITING TIME IS STILL 24 MONTHS, I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE MEANS BY THAT(ARE WE GOING TO EXPECT FUTURE DELAYS) OR HE IS INSTRUCTED TO MENTION THIS STATEMENT.

ANY ONE FACED SAME SITUATION OVER THE PHONE?

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
IF I MAY ASK, WHAT IS AITP AND FROM WHERE TO ORDER IT...AND FROM PREVIOUS FILES, HOW LONG IT USUALLY TAKES FROM LOCAL OFFICE TO EXAM DATE?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow this link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/atip-requests-instructions-and-insights-t203260.0.html

ngyammine said:
IF I MAY ASK, WHAT IS AITP AND FROM WHERE TO ORDER IT...AND FROM PREVIOUS FILES, HOW LONG IT USUALLY TAKES FROM LOCAL OFFICE TO EXAM DATE?

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
JUST FOR RECORDS, ECAS WAS NOT UPDATED, NO LINE DISAPPEARED...

ANY IDEA EXPECTED WAITING PERIOD BETWEEN TRANSFER TO LOCAL OFFICE AND DATE OF EXAM?(AVERAGE FOR SURE)

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes 2-6 months for Transfer to Local Office...
Plz lose the CAPS... :)

Good Luck!

ngyammine said:
JUST FOR RECORDS, ECAS WAS NOT UPDATED, NO LINE DISAPPEARED...

ANY IDEA EXPECTED WAITING PERIOD BETWEEN TRANSFER TO LOCAL OFFICE AND DATE OF EXAM?(AVERAGE FOR SURE)