+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Applications

AWD

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Ashra said:
1. You should update your address with CIC
2. Once you get the email for your medical test, just take the printout of the attached form and go the assigned Doctor(check CIC website to confirm a recommended doc near your area) and do the medicals. In India for one person it costs around 3500INR. They will upload your medical test results within 3 to 5 working days. Meanwhile you can also send a scan copy of payment receipt to CIC confirming that the medicals are done

Hope it helps...!!
Thx
Could you please confirm cic email address where I need to notify about the change in my address.

Many Thanks.
Best Regards,
Abdul Wahid Dalvi

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
AWD said:
Could you please confirm cic email address where I need to notify about the change in my address.

Many Thanks.
Best Regards,
Abdul Wahid Dalvi
>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/how-do-i-change-my-address

This should help.

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi guys,

can anyone please recommend a good doctor for medical exam in downtown Toronto? Also, does anyone know how long do we have to wait for the medical exam results to come back? Thank you in advance! :)

thomas2171

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
Hello Toby,

I had sent an email to the CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, to update my address as I have moved out of Canada, but the email bounced back(below is the message that I received). I had sent the email from my Gmail account. Looks like they are blocking gmail. Is there any different email id that we can contact CIC to update and change personal details ?

Thank you in advance.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cic.gc.ca by mail1.cic.gc.ca. [205.194.127.101].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Service unavailable; Client host [mail-pd0-f172.google.com] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thomas, one of my friend came across kind of similar situation like you. the email was not accepted by cic mail server. He called cic and inquired about this and he figured that out finally.

for some people when they send email through gmail account the domain in the email id goes as 'google.mail.com (eg.,''abcd.e@google.mail.com') whereas you might have mentioned your mail id as 'abcd.e@gmail.com'. To resolve this issue my friend contacted gmail service and changed his domain as 'gmail.com' from 'google.mail.com'.

i am not very sure your case fall under exactly the same issue. but i would suggest you to try the below
- send some sample mail from gmail account to any of other email accounts and see the sender details how your gmail email id looks, if it shows as 'google.mail.com' contact google support and change the domain to 'gmail.com'.

hope it helps.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
thomas2171 said:
Hello Toby,

I had sent an email to the CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca, to update my address as I have moved out of Canada, but the email bounced back(below is the message that I received). I had sent the email from my Gmail account. Looks like they are blocking gmail. Is there any different email id that we can contact CIC to update and change personal details ?

Thank you in advance.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cic.gc.ca by mail1.cic.gc.ca. [205.194.127.101].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Service unavailable; Client host [mail-pd0-f172.google.com] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;
Hi Thomas,

please make sure that you do not have blank spaces " " in the email address around the @ sign,
when you send an email to CIC. If you've copied the email address from this forum, there's always
a blank space before and after the @-sign.

And regarding tom_brave's post:
You can switch from a googlemail.com address to a gmail.com address here:
>> https://mail.google.com/mail/#settings/accounts

Look under "Send mail as:", in the first row should be your email address and behind it should say "Switch to @gmail.com?"
Click on that to switch to gmail instead of googlemail. But I don't think that this will have an effect on the emails being
refused by CIC. Give it a shot!

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
Hi All,

Application sent: 4th Dec 2014
Application Received: 11th Dec 2013
AOR Received: 3rd Feb 2014

Fingers Crossed.... Hoping all is well..

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajGlen said:
Hi All,

Hopefully in the next few weeks, things will start happening for us Dec applicants? Any guess to time frame?

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RajGlen said:
Hi All,

Application Sent: Nov 29th 2013
Application Received: Dec 17th 2013
AOR Received: 6th of Feb

Anyone got any other status other than "Application Received" yet?

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Digital_Tofu said:
Application Sent: Nov 29th 2013
Application Received: Dec 17th 2013
AOR Received: 6th of Feb

Anyone got any other status other than "Application Received" yet?
Same status for me - Application Received.

Chemist_Canada

Dec 17, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2014
Med's Request
14-06-2014
Passport Req..
13-11-2014
Hi:

I completed my upfront medicals by 21-April-2014 and then I email my UMI to them. I had sent my NoA_2013 also by email. I requested GCMS by 28th-April-2014 to check whether they received or not.

Today I received my GCMS and nothing mentioned about these two updates. Is it normal or the email which I sent is missed.

Regards

shistik

Dec 11, 2013
Hey guys,

Status reports Application received. Its been so since February 5th. Could someone provide me with some information on the medical exams and how they work? I am yet to get one.. I'm not too late am I?

Also, Ive been reading that people were sending their finger print test reports and what not. My country of origin is Pakistan and a PCC from there was duly sent a couple a months ago.

I havent heard anything from them, they havent requested for anything..... Guys...??

P.S I applied as CA student articling at a public accounting practice.

ShekuSang

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with App
Med's Request