+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
niloogoogooli said:
hi
so you interview is most likely going to be in Ankara and if everything goes well then they will request her passport and the next day she will be issued the visa....so congrats...u are almost there...also on the original form when u filled it out...there is a section where it asks will you require a translator? dont worry even they will ask you again if you require the presence of a translator.
one of our mutual family friends was required to have an interview also...it all went well
so good luck:)
and also what is your time line? when did you apply? and when did you turn in to inprocess? and does it says exactly on the notes that you are going to be required to do an interview???
I filed on 27 Sept, 2011 and received my Sponsorship approval on 15 Dec. The file was transferred to Anakara at the end of March 2012. The first time an agent there looked at the file was in late June. The status on e-Cas has remained "Application Received" all along with no change. We haven't had any communication from Ankara. We did specify that the Interview language is Persian. The reviewing officer made a comment in the GCMS to the effect that "an interview might be required". That's really all we know at this point.

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
mrirn2535 said:
Hello HappyGoLucky,
below you can find several interview questionnaire :

may I ask you a question ? How long have you been in this process ?
Thank you for the link.

I've listed my timelines in response to another post.

atise

Sep 1, 2012
niloogoogooli said:
hi
so you interview is most likely going to be in Ankara and if everything goes well then they will request her passport and the next day she will be issued the visa....so congrats...u are almost there...also on the original form when u filled it out...there is a section where it asks will you require a translator? dont worry even they will ask you again if you require the presence of a translator.
one of our mutual family friends was required to have an interview also...it all went well
and also what is your time line? when did you apply? and when did you turn in to inprocess? and does it says exactly on the notes that you are going to be required to do an interview???
Dear Niloo, So for your friend they did the interview after the background check!? I was under the impression that when a file goes to background check, it means that the marriage has been approved.

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
niloogoogooli said:
hi
Did your family friend tell you how long the interview took and also if they told them at the conclusion of the interview whether or not they made it?

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
for him they told him at the interview about the results and they took his passport and told him to either come and pick it up in the morning or the day after...that is all that i know...
HappyGoLucky said:
Did your family friend tell you how long the interview took and also if they told them at the conclusion of the interview whether or not they made it?

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
for him im guessing it was after the background check...but this is a few years ago...his entire process took 6 months...so im not sure if the system has changed substantially since then...
atise said:
Dear Niloo, So for your friend they did the interview after the background check!? I was under the impression that when a file goes to background check, it means that the marriage has been approved.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
HappyGoLucky said:
I filed on 27 Sept, 2011 and received my Sponsorship approval on 15 Dec. The file was transferred to Anakara at the end of March 2012. The first time an agent there looked at the file was in late June. The status on e-Cas has remained "Application Received" all along with no change. We haven't had any communication from Ankara. We did specify that the Interview language is Persian. The reviewing officer made a comment in the GCMS to the effect that "an interview might be required". That's really all we know at this point.
wow ur timeline is very close 2 mine with only 1 day difference. my status was changed into In Process on June 19 and still no news :(

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
hbehmane said:
wow ur timeline is very close 2 mine with only 1 day difference. my status was changed into In Process on June 19 and still no news :(
Yes, I noticed that. Although I doubt you'll be called in for an interview. I suspect the change of status to "In Process" means, among other things, that an interview is either waived outright or very likely will be. So good news for you.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
mediGOL said:
where is Hbehmane? Tomorrow could be your day my friend!
im here at work at check this forum regularly

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
Hi guys, I have 3 questions
whats is GCMS ?
and when they say an interview might be required, what are the chances that it will happen ?
and how long does it take for status to change from "decision made " ( transfer to Ankara) to "in process" ?

tnx

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
sheyda said:
Hi guys, I have 3 questions
whats is GCMS ?
and when they say an interview might be required, what are the chances that it will happen ?
and how long does it take for status to change from "decision made " ( transfer to Ankara) to "in process" ?

tnx
GCMS stands for Global Case Management System. To me a statement like "Interview might be required" means an interview is 99% required.

On change of status, I can tell you that there are situations where the e-Cas status never changes sometimes up until or even after a visa has been issued. The updates to e-Cas are irregular and highly unpredictable. You should not get too excited when it comes to e-Cas. GCMS is the most reliable system in the immigration process.

ARASHCA

Sep 6, 2012
HappyGoLucky said:
Hi, Quick question if you dont mind,, you said the sponsorship approval was on 15 dec and transfer of your file was end of March. How do you know that your file was transfered end of March if the status didnt change? becaus eim in a same situation

HappyGoLucky

Apr 26, 2012
ARASHCA said:
Hi, Quick question if you dont mind,, you said the sponsorship approval was on 15 dec and transfer of your file was end of March. How do you know that your file was transfered end of March if the status didnt change? becaus eim in a same situation
I got all this info from GCMS. Prior to seeing the 29-page GCMS print-out I had no idea what had happened to my file. The GCMS record of activities and timestamps clearly show that my file had been "In Transit" for almost 4 months due to troubles in Syria before finally being redirected to Ankara towards the end of March. Throughout this time, my status in e-Cas never changed and it is still the same as when it first appeared as "Application Received" nine months ago.

ARASHCA

Sep 6, 2012
HappyGoLucky said:
I got all this info from GCMS. Prior to seeing the 29-page GCMS print-out I had no idea what had happened to my file. The GCMS record of activities and timestamps clearly show that my file had been "In Transit" for almost 4 months due to troubles in Syria before finally being redirected to Ankara towards the end of March. Throughout this time, my status in e-Cas never changed and it is still the same as when it first appeared as "Application Received" nine months ago.
IC. thats cool. how do u get the GCMS record?