+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dirtypolitics said:
just to change the topic some interesting facts about persian :)

we have 4 types of z sound but we pronounce them all the same way!
ز ذ ظ ض

in arabic they represent completely different sound.

same for 3 types of s
ص س ث

and same for 2 types of h
ح ه
and 2 types of a
ا ع
and 2 types of t ط ت
and 2 types of gh غ ق

that's why our biggest nightmare in the first 3 years of primary school was writing the words correctly!

Arabic language does not have the sounds: پ چ ژ گ (p as pig, zh as vision, ch as chair, g as guest)

More than 50% of Persian common words are Arabic or have Arabic origin. Arabic also has some persian words.

We study Arabic from 6th grade 4 hours a week. Some of us spend extra time learning Koran.

Yet, most of us cannot speak or comprehend Arabic!

Learning arabic has 2 advantages in my opinion:

1) Knowing arabic grammar helps us to understand persian literature better. Most of the Persian Literature professors in Iran are good at Arabic grammar as well. We may compare it with Japanese and Chinese in a way. Those know Chinese can write Japanese better.
2) a big portion of middle east and north of africa speak arabic. knowing arabic is a definite advantage.
Thank you for this information I like it

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
missmini said:
hi everyone :)

OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: i want to take a break from this for a while but then i come back with tens and tens of pages to read....of course i read them all :p and i was very happy to see more good news ;) congrats especially to siavash (really glad that ur wife does not have to come to Iran and i see that u got the email when u expected less i think ;) ;) now SHE needs to do some apt furnishing hahahahaha); congrats also to R & A, and Alchemist (wohooooo another green row for Amman but it was such a long wait for u, something to admire and learn from), to Kat for getting her visa successfully and anyone else i forgot :p

Nenan, i'm happy ur medicals went ok, and i really liked ur message to samira, i still have it in my mind ;) :-*

good luck for all, even if next week is shorter it does not mean it won't have plenty of good news ;) ;D have a nice weekend (long for some) and
happy Victoria Day hihihihi ;D
Thank u a lot missmini :)

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
wow i thought the ankara booking would be simpler than i thought, apparently there is only 2 flights a week from tehran and well the sooner you book the more you pay so we had to book for the 27th of may, here is another fun part, she arrives sunday 6 in the morning and leaves Wednesday at 11 30 at night , so yeah 4 days 3 nights :-X, she is going to be one bored lady lool :p i told my wife to ask about other dates and flights and nothing, they had a 2 day trip 10 days ago but nothing anymore, arezou went at the perfect time! im not complaining , im happy this is what im talking about rather than when should i redo my medical lol
i wish everyone gets good news soon :D

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
aliara you are the sweetest hun...i have lost hope and every time i see vivi's post and yours i feel bettterr..you guys give me hope...thunxxxx take care hun...

AliAria said:
Hello hello hello to everyone and congrats to the ones who receieved PPR's.

There were too many posts and unfortunately like before, I couldn't read them all.. but I hope there are many good news in there.

Khazal, inshala dorost mishe zood vaseh shoma ham :) beh zoodi

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
ahmadkhaled said:
One question,

For the change of address, should we notify cic for sponsor's address change or the applicant?
Both!
When u check ur ecas with the client Id number, u can see the sponsor address. If you access ur ecas with ur visa office file number, the address of applicant pops up. In both cases if a change of address happens u can update cic. Having said that, the mailing address of sponsor is more important because that is the address cic will use for sending the official hard copies.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
missmini said:
hi everyone :)

OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: i want to take a break from this for a while but then i come back with tens and tens of pages to read....of course i read them all :p and i was very happy to see more good news ;) congrats especially to siavash (really glad that ur wife does not have to come to Iran and i see that u got the email when u expected less i think ;) ;) now SHE needs to do some apt furnishing hahahahaha); congrats also to R & A, and Alchemist (wohooooo another green row for Amman but it was such a long wait for u, something to admire and learn from), to Kat for getting her visa successfully and anyone else i forgot :p

Nenan, i'm happy ur medicals went ok, and i really liked ur message to samira, i still have it in my mind ;) :-*

good luck for all, even if next week is shorter it does not mean it won't have plenty of good news ;) ;D have a nice weekend (long for some) and happy Victoria Day hihihihi ;D
As usual u came and injected the positive energy to the forum.
Yes, now she is furnishing the apartment!! Lol

omidakh

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011 & 2nd 02-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2012
sohrab919 said:
wow i thought the ankara booking would be simpler than i thought, apparently there is only 2 flights a week from tehran and well the sooner you book the more you pay so we had to book for the 27th of may, here is another fun part, she arrives sunday 6 in the morning and leaves Wednesday at 11 30 at night , so yeah 4 days 3 nights :-X, she is going to be one bored lady lool :p i told my wife to ask about other dates and flights and nothing, they had a 2 day trip 10 days ago but nothing anymore, arezou went at the perfect time! im not complaining , im happy this is what im talking about rather than when should i redo my medical lol
Am having the same issue with my wife.Turkish airlines is about 520 toman she wants to go a Sunday, so she can be at the Embassy for Monday and she would be back on Thursday,but What if they dont give her passport by Thursday?She says IRANAIR goes to Ankara as well with an open return because Turkish airlines doesn't have open return.I'm wondering which one to go with actually had an argument with over this and am not really sure all I know is the open return makes sense with IranAir but their planes are not too safe!!!!Does anyone know if they Interview at Ankara once she gives them her passport?

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
Happy Weekend!!!

Hey all, well not much to share in weekends. Just hope all Visa officers spend a great weekend and come back to our files more energetic than ever. :p

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
sohrab919 said:
I reserved a flight to ankara for 2 nights u can give the agency your dates and they will make it work! I canceled my reservation since my parents did me the favor of going and getting my visa and having a small trip too:)but anyways I know that if she contacts a few agencies she will get a good offer.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Leb_Can said:
Hello,

My wife met with her MP and he told her that the file was received by Beirut in March ??

and that when he called the embassy they told him that we should be hearing from them in the fall that's after 5 months !!!!!!!! and it would be 18 months of process !!!!!!

had any Lebanese heard this from his/her MP?
Dear leb,

Our mp too, told us that we have to wait for 3 months but we only waited for 3 weeks!
They want to be on the safe side so they normally consider the worst case scenario.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
omidakh said:
Am having the same issue with my wife.Turkish airlines is about 520 toman she wants to go a Sunday, so she can be at the Embassy for Monday and she would be back on Thursday,but What if they dont give her passport by Thursday?She says IRANAIR goes to Ankara as well with an open return because Turkish airlines doesn't have open return.I'm wondering which one to go with actually had an argument with over this and am not really sure all I know is the open return makes sense with IranAir but their planes are not too safe!!!!Does anyone know if they Interview at Ankara once she gives them her passport?
There r 3 airlines flying to Ankara.
1) anadolu 2) iranair 3) Turkish

The first one is only having flights on Saturday and Sunday, consequently of no use.
Iranair is flying on Mondays and Thursdays. Again of no use because it returns on Thursdays 7.30 am while we need to be at the embassy around 14 to get our stamped passports.
I believe the only option is Turkish that has a flight on Tuesday and return Thursday night (3 days and 2 night only).
By the way Turkish is 605 toman not 520. Omid r u sure about the price?

omidakh

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011 & 2nd 02-02-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2012
siavashf said:

The first one is only having flights on Saturday and Sunday, consequently of no use.
Iranair is flying on Mondays and Thursdays. Again of no use because it returns on Thursdays 7.30 am while we need to be at the embassy around 14 to get our stamped passports.
I believe the only option is Turkish that has a flight on Tuesday and return Thursday night (3 days and 2 night only).
thats what my wife told me.

dirtypolitics

Apr 16, 2012
AliAria said:
I sure would love to have a coffee with you :) You must have a very interesting personality.
that's nice of you, Ali. don't judge a book by its cover!

I am in Victoria. drop me a line when you are free at ben.facti@gmail.com

I'd also like to thank everyone for their contributions and feedback.

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
siavashf said:

my wife called like all agencies, in the last week the flights have changed, just 10 days ago there was 2 day flights but now no one seems to have it or if they do its 2-3 weeks from now, so we got it for next sunday, she comes back wednesday night , that was the only one, it cost 480 toman for the flight, 270 toman for the hotel, 3 nights , 4 days,4 star hotel which is 3 km from the embassy which is reasonable

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
omidakh said:
na baba interview chiye lol, you are way too worried my friend, they hand it in, come back pick it up, thats it!
when they land here the agent interviews them briefly and confirms the mailing address to mail the PR card, simple as that my friend