+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

samxx

Feb 7, 2012
hey every one .. yes i had my application goin since augest 2010 i was in canada by then after my 1ast application was refused due to mistakes on the application , i had an interview on october 2011 , still no reply however . mid of january i recieved an email from the CANADIAN EMBASSY IN DAMASCUS asking me to RE do my medical tests and RE do my finger prints and send them to canada . n so i did m i donno why they asked me to do that after the interview . even tho i did medicals and finger prints before i came to lebanon .. its been almost 2 years . AND AM HATING THE LONG DISTANCE RELATION SHIP WITH MY WIFE . i actually feel as if am in love with some one over the phone BBM and skype . i feel all of you guys .. and i likes the story about the indian guy who married another girl not that i liked it .. but am sure he got into situation like mine where he doesnt really know if he;s married or not .. the thing is am not married to a lebanese girl . n it was a big deal for us to get along . 2 different cultures and stuff she`s a spanish canadian . and i totally wasnt planning for two years gap in my life .. we were planning to have a kid in a year or so . every thing is messed . but oh well things happen and we gotta deal with it .. for all of you out there .. good luck for all hopefully tomorrow is another day am planning to go to the canadian embassy in beirut end of the month hopefully to check on whats goin on .. am kinda running out of patiance and i was wondering if i should apply for a visitor visa to attend my wives birthday .. however i was told they wont give it to me since i have an permenant resident application in process .

Booj

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-3-2011
File Transfer...
5-4-2011
Med's Done....
15-8-2010 , 8-2-2012
Arezou!

I have a question for you; have you ever been asked to redo your medical, or sending any document (from Damascus VO)?
The reason I ask this question is that our timeline is almost similar to timeline of Kat-H and nairyad!
they recently were asked to redo their medical and finger print ( in January), while they never sent me any request!! ???!
I know my medical and finger print reports , both were expired 5 month ago!
what do you think about that? :-X

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
Booj said:
Arezou!

I have a question for you; have you ever been asked to redo your medical, or sending any document (from Damascus VO)?
The reason I ask this question is that our timeline is almost similar to timeline of Kat-H and nairyad!
they recently were asked to redo their medical and finger print ( in January), while they never sent me any request!! ???!
Booj..i advise you to redo it....I was requested to redo the medical exam because i contacted them several times asking them if i have to renew it..They called me over the phone and said that i have to redo the medical exam and send them the green slip(receipt)...but what about the finger print? i never did something like that before:S

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi :), what is the ( finger print) ? is it the police certificate? I did n't do a finger print ::)

Booj

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-3-2011
File Transfer...
5-4-2011
Med's Done....
15-8-2010 , 8-2-2012
Kat-H said:
Booj..i advise you to redo it....I was requested to redo the medical exam because i contacted them several times asking them if i have to renew it..They called me over the phone and said that i have to redo the medical exam and send them the green slip(receipt)...but what about the finger print? i never did something like that before:S
Actually, I redid medical test last week! :D
I got it! So, when you called them, they recommended you to redo the medical test ! Finger print is police certificate& clearance. In Iran, in order to get police certificate we have to make finger print on a paper, that I called it finger print ;D
As far as I know some applicants in this thread , were asked to renew both their medical and police certificate!

Booj

Jan 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-3-2011
File Transfer...
5-4-2011
Med's Done....
15-8-2010 , 8-2-2012
lele said:
Hi :), what is the ( finger print) ? is it the police certificate? I did n't do a finger print ::)
Hi, that's right ! it's police certificate and clearance ! I guess just in Iran we have to make fingerprint in order to get police certificate ( based on Iranian government regulations)! :)

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Booj said:
Arezou!

No Booj, they never asked me to do some thing. It is interesting for me too that they have asked someones to do but not me or you or others.

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
Arezou said:
No Booj, they never asked me to do some thing. It is interesting for me too that they have asked someones to do but not me or you or others.
yeh its been almost 11 months for me and they haven't contacted me even once,nothing...and my medical got expired I think maybe 2-3 months ago!!

sohrab919

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-09-2010 & 19-12-2011
Passport Req..
02/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2012
vivi2 said:
Hey everyone,
Want to bring in some positive energy! :)
My husband emailed Ankara early morning today (Iran's time) and received a reply after 6 hours! :eek: Wow these people are amazing!! ::)
He asked that his medical is expiring in a few days so should he just go ahead and redo it and they replied yes, contact one of our DMPs, they will submit the result to medical unit responsible for your territory (I believe Paris) and they will forward us the results.
So for any one who is wondering to redo the medical in this whole transition phase we are in now or not, go ahead and do it!
Ankara I love you! :-*
wow really, i guess its luck, i emailed them to ask a question on the 2nd of feb but they didnt reply i guess maybe because my question was one of those questions they dont answer
-----Original Message to ANKRA (IMMIGRATION)/Message d'origine à ANKRA
(IMMIGRATION) -----

° Our service standard to respond to your email is 5 working days. Note
too that we will not respond if
-you do not have a file in Ankara;
-your enquiry is of general nature; or
-your enquiry is not written in English or French. For more info:
www.turkey.gc.ca. Disclaimer:

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
This is really funny...they say if u have anything to inquire about,email us...and when we email them, they say we might not reply...So, what should we do? This is unfair :(

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
dear friends .... 1 week ago i sent them 1 email to ankara for changing mailing address

today they replied me... this is their reply...

As per your message , we acknowledge your request for change of mailing address.

The visa office processing your application will contact you when they require further information from you, or are ready to provide you further instructions.

Please do not send additional documents to a visa office unless you have been specifically instructed to do so. Any document or e-mail you may have sent to Damascus will be forwarded to the correct office. Please do not send messages more than once, or to more than one visa office.

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
i just wanted share it.... i think that they are working on our application

Kat-H

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Request
19-2-2011 and 13-01-2012
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
11-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2012
faridzad said:
dear friends .... 1 week ago i sent them 1 email to ankara for changing mailing address

today they replied me... this is their reply...

As per your message , we acknowledge your request for change of mailing address.

The visa office processing your application will contact you when they require further information from you, or are ready to provide you further instructions.

Please do not send additional documents to a visa office unless you have been specifically instructed to do so. Any document or e-mail you may have sent to Damascus will be forwarded to the correct office. Please do not send messages more than once, or to more than one visa office.
That's good :)..at least they are replying to ur email, not like my case...till now i dnt know if my application has been transferred to Beirut or not yet...anyway...let's wait and see,although we got bored of this situation!!! ???

faridzad

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
Doc's Request.
30-08-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
File Transfer...
15-06-2012
Interview........
02-06-2014
Kat-H said:
That's good :)..at least they are replying to ur email, not like my case...till now i dnt know if my application has been transferred to Beirut or not yet...anyway...let's wait and see,although we got bored of this situation!!! ???
i didn't ask them about my status application .. i just notified them for changing my mailing address....anyway after 18 years they should reply my request....

but i can tell u about your case ... u have to sends a lot inquiry to them and don't hesitate , try for several email to VO ,,,they should reply to u for informing your application

N

Nenan

LELLO said:
Hi all, I hope everyone is doing fine. Not sure if there are peple in this forum that are Lebanese, but here is the latest news. I went and saw my MP today, gave me a paper to send to my husband in Lebanon to sign so she can access his file. Now here is the SAD PART. I applied for my sponsorship back in May 2011, recvd e-mail stating granted sponsorship on June 8,2011 and that my file was sent to Ottawa fr further processing and if it goes to Damascus they will advise me. So now we are Feb 8, exactly 8 months, hired a lwyer no help, called CIC they couldnt help. Here is what the MP told me. Your file was in Ottawa and then it went to Montreal with another 150 files and guess what??? It wasnt processed at all with the other files because simply they were waiting for the situation in Syria to get better and were unsure what country they will be sending it to. So my file just left Montreal Feb 6 and it is on its way to Beirut. WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the hell??? 8 months for friggin nothing. I coulndnt believe what she told me , I said this is ridiculous. She said this is nothing, there are 3 peple that will be working in Beirut and on the old files. And to start processing anything i have to wait till mid MARCH, cause they are being trained now. She said the waiting time is abt one year and some cases up to 2 years. She said that the governmnet is not posting everything on CIC immigration but a lot of things has changed....and that they cut down 10% of the workers. I asked her WHY????? she said well do you want Canada to be like Greece. We have to watch our debts. But the funny thing was...she asked : That's the price you pay when you fall in love with someone overseas. So I said, r u telling me next time I should fall in love with a European or Chinese so my wait time is 5 months or less. I said is that the price we have to pay just because we are from the Middle East. SHe said you have to stay positive and patient. PATIENT????? 8 months of being patient and never complained and now I find out that all the files that said sent to Ottawa never been touched. So GOd help u guys out there whose file went to Ottawa between May 2011-Aug 2011.....
Hi LELO hi every one in this forum
first of all I have question may it sound stupid but I need to know what do you mean by MP? what this abbreviation mean?
and OMG :eek: LELO ??? GOD help you,and help us its shocking news and truly truly frustrating and I wish and pray that your file delay get solved very Quickly and urgently
may I ask you quistion LELEO? my husband sponsor me and I am from Iraq also my husband,and he apply thesponsorship file in April from Toronto\Mississauga and he received the approval email in 31 may 2011 and they say my file sent to Damascus VO,and in September 2011 my husband sent inquiry by email to Damascus VO ask them about my sponsorship file and they reply that they(Damascus VO) received my file in 4 June 2011 and they will try to finish the family sponsoring and child adopting within 6 months and since that they didn't contact us,and they didn't ask for any document .
my question to you LELO or TO any one of our friends in this forum is: did you send any inquiry to Damascus VO and did they reply to you ? did they say (Damascus VO) yes we receive your file in .......date??
and which territory you applied your sponsorship? did you apply it from Montreal? is there any difference in the place of applying the sponsorship file?
I am really shocked LELO cause you and me in the same timeline and all what we think me and my husband that my sponsorship file was in Damascus within all these passed months,but NOW after what I read about your situation I have doubt in every thing
??? please I need answer :-[ is the Damascus VO reply by email that they received my file is assuring that my file wasn't stuck in Canada through all these passed months? :'( :'(