waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
A+M said:
Cheer up guys..... yes it is very hard and unfair but we are alive and healthy!! I have friends who's spouses have passes away..... they will NEVER get the chance to see their spouse again.... we will get to see ours. The more positive vibes we send to Damascus the more positive we'll see from them ;) being upset only makes it harder on ourselves and our spouses. And the new law that's coming doesn't change anything. it only gives them the power to deport people who have marriage of convenience. This is a GOOD thing..... it will help get rid of the frauds and eventually speed up process for us genuine people! You have to see the positives in life or what's the point in being alive ;) ;D :D :) ;)
yeeeeeeees A+M is soo right :) cheer up!!! we need to start the year in positive note :) and guys, really, from what i see from other embassies and other members, Damascus is one of the good and fast ones - look at Abu-Dhabi, Singapore, Islamabad, most of Central and South America, Africa; how does those people feel, their situation is the same; why do they have to wait for so much longer; the whole system is not fair but u need to see the good side :) also, yes unfortunately the situation in Syria is as it is but Damascus is still safe, they r still working and they would call any of u for interview or to pick up the passport if it wasn't safe...and of course the most important is the good health, for the rest, the good things will come sooner or later....

cheers!!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
missbou, mrbou where are you? maybe they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes no news is good news ;)

vivi, how was ur vacation? i miss u :-*

E

Erina

What's this new law you are talking about? I read the article but I'm not sure what it means, is it only like they'll deport anyone with fraud/ arrange marriage or is there anything else?

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Erina said:
What's this new law you are talking about? I read the article but I'm not sure what it means, is it only like they'll deport anyone with fraud/ arrange marriage or is there anything else?
Hi Erina-
it's not in effect yet but they are proposing that all spouses receive a conditional PR. it will be conditional for 2 years. They have said that couple can still "break up" within those 2 years as it does sometimes happen but if it is suspected/proven that the marriage was used to get into Canada then the sponsored spouse will be deported. the just of it is is your marriage is legitimate it does not affect you. It's just to be able to "punish" those that abuse the system. Unfortunately there are people that get married then come to Canada and don't ever live their spouse. They get a "free ride" into Canada, with this new law these people will be deported. it's actually a good thing. A few other countries already follow this.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
missmini said:
missbou, mrbou where are you? maybe they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sometimes no news is good news ;)

vivi, how was ur vacation? i miss u :-*
I was wondering the same thing! Haven't heard from the Bous lately! Hope that means they got visa;)

E

Erina

A+M said:
Hi Erina-
it's not in effect yet but they are proposing that all spouses receive a conditional PR. it will be conditional for 2 years. They have said that couple can still "break up" within those 2 years as it does sometimes happen but if it is suspected/proven that the marriage was used to get into Canada then the sponsored spouse will be deported. the just of it is is your marriage is legitimate it does not affect you. It's just to be able to "punish" those that abuse the system. Unfortunately there are people that get married then come to Canada and don't ever live their spouse. They get a "free ride" into Canada, with this new law these people will be deported. it's actually a good thing. A few other countries already follow this.
ooo okkk, well even if it affects us, I'm not really worried ;;) Thanks for explanation

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:)
We believe that sunny days will come after cold and rainy days. We believe that the sun will shine again. Meanwhile we practice patience.
We keep our love in our hearts.
We believe!
We love!

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arezou said:
:)
We believe that sunny days will come after cold and rainy days. We believe that the sun will shine again. Meanwhile we practice patience.
We keep our love in our hearts.
We believe!
We love!
Yes Arezou we love, keep...

and Yes we believe the sun will shine
at least after 7 hours
good night and see you tomorrow

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just went to the post office today to send the documents the VO requested. I hope the documents are exactly what they are looking for and hope to hear some good news very soon. It's been 9 mths and 4 days.

:D

musab

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2011
AOR Received.
17-3-2011
File Transfer...
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
first 22-12-2010... second 3-1.2012
Interview........
7 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
24 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24 Oct 2012
LANDED..........
16 Nov 2012
i redid my medical yesterday they never ask me to redo now i have to wait until they ask, they doctor was surprised coz im redoing it he say why this took so long i told him thats what i want to know, anyway i ask him how it need to reach damascus he said like 3 to 4 weeks, its been 9 months and 6 days since my file reached damascus i heard nothin from them yet. wish you all get ppr soon insha allah good luck for all of you.

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by now i guess i got used to the waiting, i mean at least now i'm a bit happy because it shows that they are working on my file. just last week i looked at e-case and it said "Medical Results Have Been Received" and they asked for some documents a couple of days ago as well. i guess what really matters to us now is the end results, i mean it should be deserved after waiting all this time.

inshallah we will all be with our spouses one day and remember these times.

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
musab said:
i redid my medical yesterday they never ask me to redo now i have to wait until they ask, they doctor was surprised coz im redoing it he say why this took so long i told him thats what i want to know, anyway i ask him how it need to reach damascus he said like 3 to 4 weeks, its been 9 months and 6 days since my file reached damascus i heard nothin from them yet. wish you all get ppr soon insha allah good luck for all of you.
hello to everyone

I'm from Iran and my husband is sponsoring me,our file has reached Damascus since March and we have not heard from them at all, hence I don't have my file No., so anyways I did my medical exam over a year ago and I'm thinking of redoing it without them asking me , I'm curious if I need to have my file No. for redoing my medical exam?and if so how can I get it?
tnx a lot

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
WXYZ said:
hello to everyone

I'm from Iran and my husband is sponsoring me,our file has reached Damascus since March and we have not heard from them at all, hence I don't have my file No., so anyways I did my medical exam over a year ago and I'm thinking of redoing it without them asking me , I'm curious if I need to have my file No. for redoing my medical exam?and if so how can I get it?
tnx a lot
Hi wxzy:)
I am sponsoring my husband from Iran;) He is redoing the Medical tomorrow without being asked. our application was received in April... nothing yet. Your husband should have a file number from his sponsorship approval letter. You can use this. I talked to immigration and asked the same question. they said to use this one. or you can email Damascus and ask for the "b" file number. I was told that either number with link to your application. Good luck- I hope you hear news soon:)

WXYZ

Star Member
Dec 22, 2011
A+M said:
Hi wxzy:)
I am sponsoring my husband from Iran;) He is redoing the Medical tomorrow without being asked. our application was received in April... nothing yet. Your husband should have a file number from his sponsorship approval letter. You can use this. I talked to immigration and asked the same question. they said to use this one. or you can email Damascus and ask for the "b" file number. I was told that either number with link to your application. Good luck- I hope you hear news soon:)
hi A+M
thanks a lot for ur fast reply:) can u give me the Email address of Damascus plz?

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
WXYZ said:
hi A+M
thanks a lot for ur fast reply:) can u give me the Email address of Damascus plz?

Your welcome;)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/syria-syrie/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

This us the email listed on the embassy website. They have 2 emails but it says the other one is for cases that are passed the processing time (13 mths). I have never sent an email so someone else on here might know better than I, somebody correct me if I'm wrong! I know I've heard people say they have to email a few times if it doesn't go through... seems their inbox gets full. Hope that helps!