Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear eli,

thanks a lot.... I really don't know what to do.............. ???
in one hand I am worry about being 3 month in Iran and I want to show my reasons and in the other hand I am worry about making the file complicate with too much documents.......

Yes they ask my husband ( he is sponsored by me) to fill the form, but they ask for my PR card...
regards,
Zohreh

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Zohreh,
I think eli's solution will work well. write a letter and explains why you left canada, emphasis on the emotional feelings you had for your husband, mention you had missed him. Each case has its own characteristics and as we don't know anything about your case, the persons who can help you the most are you and your husband. if you think they may criticize you for leaving canada then send them few but very strong documentations. be brief. sending too many documents will not work. for example I think that invitation cards don't have high value to the officers but some photos of your wedding can be much more taken seriously. I think the key point is to be honest, if you write an explanation letter honestly based on evidences they will understand your situation and shouldn't criticize you.
however these are only my personal views, I suggest you to consult with some experts if you think you are confused by this issue.

Dear friends !!!
Lets guess who is the next lucky person !!!
I think he is KAMAL ! what do you think ?

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Zohre
I agree with Rezan if you want to send documents just send the most prescious ones, like your wedding pictures(try to send the ones that shows the whole party (guests) with you and your husband), also Photograph receipts, receipt of your marriage reception,food receipts(**these receipts are more official for them than the wedding photos) and most importantly your return ticket to Canada. If you are in Toronto there are many immigration consultants in here.If you want an expert to give you some ideas contact them, surly they can help you better.

** When I was gathering documents for the first time to send my sponsership application, my lawyer told me to translate these reciepts.
they have our names on it, the date of the wedding and for example for food and reception it has number of guests mentioned on it.

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear my friends

I sent the requested documents on 23th September.It will be there on Saturday or Sunday. Last week was a great week for our thread hopefully this week will bring better news and more visas.
Have a nice weekend. :)

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Zohreh,

Dont your worry just send them what they have requested and what you feel is important to your case. about being away from canada and in Iran with your husband that is a proof that the relation is geniune and it is a positive point to you both.( for example my wife visit me all the time and i wish she has more time off or vacation so she can visit me more). it is normal to ask for you PR record or card because you are not citizen yet (maybe ) because my wife is citizen and they ask a copy of her citizenship. stop worrying we all were worried before you and have those feelings just send what they requested and listen to your heart and all of us are advising you to do whatever we said from our long experience with the process
have a good weekend and do not be late in sending the documents, Good Luckkkkkkkkkkkkk

to Rezan,
thanks for your good wishes , i hope too for all of us and have a great weekend everyone

shas44

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dear Friends,

I am new to this site. I am a Canadian citizen and my wife is syrian whom I am sponsoring. We got married in lattakia, Syria. We had to go through the torture to make/translate/stamp numerous documents. I came back to Canada, consulted my agent who later checked my application before mailing it to the imm. office. My agent mailed my application on june 12th and it has been almost 2.5 months and I still haven't received any letter or call from immigration. I see people writing when their applications were received by Miss. office but I wanted to know how long it took for you guys to get the first repsonse from the immigration office after you mailed them your applications. I am worried because some one told me it takes less than 2 months. I fear the letter getting lost and if it did, is there a way i can find that out ?

Thanks

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
My dear new friend
mine took 1.5 months long. I saw cases which were apprived by mcpc (mississauga) in less than a month. I also have seen very rare cases which took more than 2 months to be approved. The problem is that mcpc send your response by ordinary mails which take at least 10 days to be delivered. So i think you should receive a letter from mississauga very soon
it is now more than 3 months that you have applied. It is unusual. Maybe your case is complicated and they are assessing your eligibility to be a sponsor.
Contact your agent and ask for his advice

shas44

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
My agent mailed my application on july 12 not june, my mistake. So it has been just over 2 months but still as you said it is unusual. I hope I get it next week. I started a full-time job this year, a few months before applying, do you think that's why they are taking longer ? Or is it because summer is peak time ? When you say that you know cases getting approved in less than a month, does that include mailing time both ways ?

Thank you

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
No. I dont think. Financial issues should not affect sponsorship for spouses. Thet are some other criteria that may affect it e.i. If you or your spouses are previously married or had partnership relations and other issues.
Summer is peak of time. You are right. The delay may be simply because of rush time. Sens them an email

shas44

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dear Rezan,

Thank you for your quick reply. No, we don't have any complication in our application. When did you apply yours ? I tried looking for their email but couldnt find it. I would really appreciate if you pass it on to me.

Samad

eli1985

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-09-2010
Nomination.....
----
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
----
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
-----
Med's Done....
14-02-2010
Interview........
-----
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
Dear Shas
Welcome to the thread.I sent my application on 24th February and my First approval was on 24th March( I received the letter on March 30th) exactly after a month.Don't worry I saw other people wait for 3 months to get their first approval, however if you go to the cic website the processing time for the first approval is 38 days and now they are processing application received up to August 23,2010 .I believe it is better for you to call the cic and ask about your case.I am sure they will give you some information.
Regards

Ali11226

Sep 25, 2010
Hi,

I have a question. After Damascus asks you for more info, and once they receive your response, how long does it take before they issue the visa?

Thanks

kamal225

Jun 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome to the thread,
for ALi11226, I wish we know most of us here are trying to know the answer my lawyer said 3 months but is depends on background check too and each case is different

For shas44. today is saturday, if you are in canada call them on monday morning at 18882422100 and speak to an agent and let us hope they will have good news for you.

Good luck to all of us

rezan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
17 june
Dear Ali
they requested all of us to submit more documentation and we are still waiting !!
When did damascus start processing yoyr case ? When did you receive their email for additional documentations ? And what did thsy ask for ??

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Well, in response to Ali's question, I think it differs from case to case, depending on what they have asked for and what they are checking. My husband submitted extra documentation (his police record, etc) in mid - June and he got a passport request 5 days ago.. so it was about 3 and a half months later.

I'm sure you guys will hear something soon, if your case is still between normal processing times then I wouldn't worry too much. (3-8 months)