+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
niloogoogooli said:
all i can say is im jelous of all those people who are done with this messed up process:(...i hate checking in on the forum every morning with high hopes and only to be disappointed:(
I know how you feel. Honestly keeping couples away from each other for more than 2 months should be ILLEGAL! CIC should give a higher priority to couples who don't have the means to visit each other. For example I have sarbazi (conscription) problem and can barely go to Iran and my wife cant come here because Canada requires visa from Iranians. I envy couples who are LIVING together while waiting for their ppr! I wish I could do the same. :(

BTW niloogoogooli I had a question from you. What happened after CIC contacted you that your approved as the sponsor and file has been transferred to Ankara?

When I check ecas with my ID as the sponsor it has two sections. First for sponsorship saying In Process and when click on it says we sent you a mail about the decision. I already got their email for approval. Second section is permanent residence of my wife which says application received and when you click on it it says we received the app on Oct1 (when Mississauga got it) and under that it says medicals received. Were you ever contacted by Ankara? I just wanna know what to expect next.

Thanks

E

Erina

I know in Damascus they had this rule that they must finish processing a certain number of applications before winter holidays. Hopefully those who have are waiting for security check results will get ppr before then, niloo, hbehnameh, and offcourse Kazhal :)

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
after i got the approval email the first column on ecas changed to decision made and the second column stayed the same until they started processing our file in ankara..and then it changed to in process...
Toronto88 said:
I know how you feel. Honestly keeping couples away from each other for more than 2 months should be ILLEGAL! CIC should give a higher priority to couples who don't have the means to visit each other. For example I have sarbazi (conscription) problem and can barely go to Iran and my wife cant come here because Canada requires visa from Iranians. I envy couples who are LIVING together while waiting for their ppr! I wish I could do the same. :(

BTW niloogoogooli I had a question from you. What happened after CIC contacted you that your approved as the sponsor and file has been transferred to Ankara?

When I check ecas with my ID as the sponsor it has two sections. First for sponsorship saying In Process and when click on it says we sent you a mail about the decision. I already got their email for approval. Second section is permanent residence of my wife which says application received and when you click on it it says we received the app on Oct1 (when Mississauga got it) and under that it says medicals received. Were you ever contacted by Ankara? I just wanna know what to expect next.

Thanks

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
one can only hope....so here's hoping:)
Erina said:
I know in Damascus they had this rule that they must finish processing a certain number of applications before winter holidays. Hopefully those who have are waiting for security check results will get ppr before then, niloo, hbehnameh, and offcourse Kazhal :)

ARASHCA

Sep 6, 2012
If they really want to work on a file , It only takes maximum a week time from sponsorship approval to issuing the visa. Iranians are always discriminated against. Its like when they stopped their relations with iran few months ago, they didnt even care about their own iranian employees at canadian embassy in Tehran. many lost their jobs and canadian government didnt even care, some of them cant even get their personal belongings from embassy now.

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
the entire system is unfair...bottom line...there are no set rules or priorities....it depends on luck...period!!!
ARASHCA said:
If they really want to work on a file , It only takes maximum a week time from sponsorship approval to issuing the visa. Iranians are always discriminated against. Its like when they stopped their relations with iran few months ago, they didnt even care about their own iranian employees at canadian embassy in Tehran. many lost their jobs and canadian government didnt even care, some of them cant even get their personal belongings from embassy now.

hbehmane

Mar 16, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Damas/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
29-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2012
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
niloogoogooli said:
all i can say is im jelous of all those people who are done with this messed up process:(...i hate checking in on the forum every morning with high hopes and only to be disappointed:(
i have exact same feeling, ur not alone niloo

bassem132

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
syria
Category........
Visa Office......
amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03\02\2012
AOR Received.
01\03\2012
File Transfer...
02\03\2012
Thanks my friend Is it possible to help me embassy for Canadian in Amman situation very difficult I went Li Beirut and provided a visa to visit and give me a date after 40 days note they did not do anything until they initially said Ahbtona very Is it possible to do my wife in Canada thing to anyhand can go for help Arjohnsahah anyone can help us

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
there is nothing worse than being hopeful in the morning running for the pc to check ur email to see if there is an email from the embassy but always disapointed when u find nothing in there- the worst feeling on the face of the planet- going from week to week and being told to have a little more patient, its coming, givn u more hope without actually hearing anything back ever-hard to have any hope left...i hope and pray for an end to this misreable waiting game for all of us...
hbehmane said:
i have exact same feeling, ur not alone niloo

niloogoogooli

Jul 3, 2012
British Columbia
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2012
File Transfer...
04-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
good to know we are all on the same page:)))))))....oh well...here comes tuesday nov 6th:D:D:D...fingers crossed....

solh

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
AOR Received.
05-12-2011
File Transfer...
21-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2013
LANDED..........
20-03-2013
No news !! :( every time I come here and see that the page number hasn't changed, it makes me sad...

sayo_2006

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
24/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
I hope to God
solh said:
No news !! :( every time I come here and see that the page number hasn't changed, it makes me sad...
It is crazy of how long it is taking Ankara to issue a single PPR, Next year I have 2 weeks vacation at work and decided to use them and buy a ticket to go to Iran in march before prices go up.
Goddd This is the hardest thing, to wait for loved ones sucks. It is gonna be a long wait for me if they are going ahead like this, we Iranian have to get discriminated against all the time :'(

A

alireza_77

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/francais/ministere/pni/non-economique.asp the quote for 2012 spouse category in Ankara is 920 (updated July 2012, after Damascus VO closure). It means on average each week they should issue 19 ppr !!! Now the question is why we can't see this. there are two possibilities:

1- We are only a few out of many
2- They are well behind the quote

What do you think guys?