+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Damascus/Spousal since Jan 2010 or late 2009

Aarsh

Jun 18, 2012
Hello Everyone :)
I am new to this thread, it took me 5 min to figure out who to post something here (I hope I have done it the right way).

I filed up an application to sponsor my wife on Nov 17 2011.

The CIC status says "Application received" which makes sense reading from people who applied before I did.

I hear people talking about when the file was actually transferred to Ankara. How can I check if my wife's file has been transferred to Ankara ?

Thank you very much for your help and wish everyone best of luck

Arash :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Nenan said:
hmmmmmmmm they are working? until this day we didn't hear any interview for Iranian applicants in Ankara VO since Damascus VO closed, is the interview mean Amman VO are working? or mean they complicate the cases? they should send her ppr immediately after 15 months because they are too late in asking her those things.
Nenan it's ok, she will get the ppr after the interview, same result at the end ;) ;) ;) u don't know if all applicants in Ankara don't have an interview, what we see here it's just a few, not all; but i did read here some time ago abt applicants with interview in Ankara which didn't go so well; everyone with their own case and luck, karma, etc....take care honey!!

ghazal28

Jun 17, 2012
Aarsh said:
I am new to this thread, it took me 5 min to figure out who to post something here (I hope I have done it the right way).

The CIC status says "Application received" which makes sense reading from people who applied before I did.

I hear people talking about when the file was actually transferred to Ankara. How can I check if my wife's file has been transferred to Ankara ?

wellcome Arash,mine az yours was sent to ankara without any email from cic,my husband called cic several times and finally an employee checked and told him the date of transfering.you can try it but i'm not sure it is consequent or not.

AWS2007

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Visa Office......
syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011 application recieved
Doc's Request.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
amman
Med's Request
first 12 2010, second 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
LANDED..........
24 Aug 2012
wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, :eek: :eek: :eek: finally after 17 months from waiting, today amman embasy called me and told me that they need my passport for me and for my son, and also they sent email (REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS ), el7mdelah for every thing, enshala they will give me the visa, and they didn`t sk for new thing because in email they wrote
Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Aarsh

Jun 18, 2012
ghazal28 said:
wellcome Arash,mine az yours was sent to ankara without any email from cic,my husband called cic several times and finally an employee checked and told him the date of transfering.you can try it but i'm not sure it is consequent or not.

Thanks a lot Ghazal! When was you file initially submitted? I called CIC, but they just gave me a general answer, they said since your sponsorship was approved in jan 2012, then it must have been submitted to Ankara right away. They said " we dont keep files here" once they are approved and they said they send them to the appropriate visa office right away. Well, I guess after all knowing it doesnt change much. Does you status indicate "Application received" or "In process"?
Thanks
Arash

AWS2007

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Visa Office......
syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011 application recieved
Doc's Request.
22-08-2011
File Transfer...
amman
Med's Request
first 12 2010, second 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
LANDED..........
24 Aug 2012
please any one use aramex for send the passport, because i`m now in palestine and i won`t to send my passport to embassy, they wrote you must submit copy from email with passport, but i want to ask when they finish how aramex can take the passport again, they will call me that they finish or what, any one use aramex or dhl help me please.

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
AWS2007 said:
please any one use aramex for send the passport, because i`m now in palestine and i won`t to send my passport to embassy, they wrote you must submit copy from email with passport, but i want to ask when they finish how aramex can take the passport again, they will call me that they finish or what, any one use aramex or dhl help me please.
The Aramex guys know that very well, you should explain to them that you r sending a passport to the embassy. and that you want them to return it back to you after the embassy put the visa in it.

I did that with the american embassy from inside Jordan once

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
AWS2007 said:
wawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, :eek: :eek: :eek: finally after 17 months from waiting, today amman embasy called me and told me that they need my passport for me and for my son, and also they sent email (REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS ), el7mdelah for every thing, enshala they will give me the visa, and they didn`t sk for new thing because in email they wrote
Woooow LOTS OF CONGRATULATIONSSS :) Wishing you the best.

About the Aramex, as abdmoh said the Aramex people know how to do it so you don't need to worry at all, just explain the situation and they know how to do the rest ;)
Good luck and congratulations again :)

vivi2

May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus-Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Passport Req..
Sep-2012
LANDED..........
SOON :)
JayJ said:
Hi everyone,

Amman is working.

After 15 and a half months, my wife got a call yesterday to renew her police certificate and to attend an interview this Wednesday.
That is awesome news JayJ :) Good luck and praying for your wife to get her visa on the same day as her interview :)

Amman is on roll now, yaaaaaaaaay! Cheer up Nenan ;)

ghazal28

Jun 17, 2012
Aarsh said:
Thanks a lot Ghazal! When was you file initially submitted? I called CIC, but they just gave me a general answer, they said since your sponsorship was approved in jan 2012, then it must have been submitted to Ankara right away. They said " we dont keep files here" once they are approved and they said they send them to the appropriate visa office right away. Well, I guess after all knowing it doesnt change much. Does you status indicate "Application received" or "In process"
unfortunately they don't help and it was my goodluck that he answered my husband's q. i sent my application to canada in Aug. and gave file number in Oct 18.alot of documents have been sent to ankara in mrach 2-29.mine was in march 29 and 4-5 days ago my status changed to in process...no news good news...az that employee said it is a good point that cic has not conected you until your status has not changed.

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
AWS2007 said:
HUGE CONGRATS!!!! That is awesome news:)

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Aarsh said:

Welcome Arash!! Most people around your timeline had their applications held in Canada until March. Most people get varying answers from CIC when they call but we've seen a trend on here of most applications after July 2011 being held in Canada. They were all transferred in March. Yours will surely be in Ankara now:) Good luck!!

Raha

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 7th, 2011
File Transfer...
March 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 18th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 26th, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 20th, 2012
AWS2007 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSS, this is AMMAN week; such a relief for all amman applicants. Wish you a great luck JayJ and AWS2007. Hopefully you get your visa by the end of this week. ;D

lele

Dec 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AWS2007 said:
:) congratulation AWS2007 :) happy for you

samira12

Sep 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
[url=http://www.picturesanimations.com/kitty][img]http://www.picturesanimations.com/k/kitty/i116113304_60672.gif[/img][/url]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
at first
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
02-05-2011 &02-05-2012
Passport Req..
8June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12June 2012
LANDED..........
24 July 2012
AWS2007 said:
Congratulation dear