File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Re: ANKARA VISA OFFICE!

Arezou said:
The only reference for Ankara embassy here is this topic http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ankara-turkey-visa-officeanyone-with-experience-t87197.30.html which you yourself have seen it already. You can see that mostly they have got their visa 1-1.5 month after their interview.

Have your file been sent to Ankara from beginning?
Or
Have your file been transferred from Damascus to There?

As you know there is a difference between the processing time of both of them.
You mentioned there is a difference in processing time of files fron damascus and files directly sent to ankara. I know that there was a difference before between anakara and damascus.
I was wondering If they are going to treat files from damascus and file arrieved to ankara directly differently. I mean for iranians

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

rah said:
You mentioned there is a difference in processing time of files fron damascus and files directly sent to ankara. I know that there was a difference before between anakara and damascus.
I was wondering If they are going to treat files from damascus and file arrieved to ankara directly differently. I mean for iranians
Have a look at here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/turkey-turquie/visas/processing_times-delais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

"If you reside outside of Turkey, you should expect longer processing times."

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012

Arezou said:
Have a look at here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/turkey-turquie/visas/processing_times-delais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

"If you reside outside of Turkey, you should expect longer processing times."
Thanks.
I have another question. Do you know why the process for turkey residents faster. That is unfair.
Is only vo in ankara like that. Or all the vo are like this. I mean what about damascus when they worked , did process for syrian faster than others.

Arezou

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
1:29.11.2010 2:30.10.2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

rah said:
Thanks.
I have another question. Do you know why the process for turkey residents faster. That is unfair.
Is only vo in ankara like that. Or all the vo are like this. I mean what about damascus when they worked , did process for syrian faster than others.
I DO NOT KNOW HOW WAS IT BEFORE.
NOW I CHECKED THEIR WEBSITE BUT BECAUSE OF CLOSER THEIR SITE DOES NOT CONTAIN INFORMATION IN THIS ISSUE.

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012

Arezou said:
I DO NOT KNOW HOW WAS IT BEFORE.
NOW I CHECKED THEIR WEBSITE BUT BECAUSE OF CLOSER THEIR SITE DOES NOT CONTAIN INFORMATION IN THIS ISSUE.
As much as I remember they did not write such a thing and I checked some other vos randomly and they did not have anything like that

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Arezou said:
What does this silence mean?
Are they working?
Or
Are they busy with other things?

::)
We have to prepare ourselves for what I think is their deliberate attempt to slow down the process to create a crisis, so they can come in with their solution.

When I applied for PR sponsorship of my wife at the end of January, the waiting time in Mississauga was between 37-43 days. It's now 75 days, according to their last update on April 2, which should've been updated since then.

I noticed the increase happened around the time of the Arab Spring, but that should have had nothing to do with it, and also doesn't now.

The government caused the backlog of the 300,000 pre-Feb. 27 2008 PR work visa applicants since they have been governing since 2006. Their solution was to throw out the applications and announce a new system, which I think was their plan all along.

Why has only one PPR been granted from all three embassies that we have heard about, and why are all three embassies quiet in the past two weeks?

We are coming to the time where we have to speak out in a loud enough voice or we can predictably expect to have our lives run by them.

Canada-Girl2012

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-13-2011
AOR Received.
April-26-2011
File Transfer...
Lebanon
Med's Done....
Med #1 (Dec-12-2011) Med #2 (January 2013)
Interview........
Dec-12-2011
Passport Req..
March 19/2013 (Thank you Jesus ! )
All we can do is be patient and keep waiting...we were told to expect longer wait times. What happens yesterday may not happen tomorrow so we shouldn't assume anything just hope for the best !

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013

heyy no my file was first send to damascus but my husband went to turkey for his interview he was told to wait for a month to 40 days, im wondering if its a no would they say no right away or would they Waite till the 40 days to say no?? anyone know??

Arezou said:
The only reference for Ankara embassy here is this topic http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ankara-turkey-visa-officeanyone-with-experience-t87197.30.html which you yourself have seen it already. You can see that mostly they have got their visa 1-1.5 month after their interview.

Have your file been sent to Ankara from beginning?
Or
Have your file been transferred from Damascus to There?

As you know there is a difference between the processing time of both of them.

Full_of_hope

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
March 01 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 16 2011 and Jan 16 2012
Passport Req..
September 03 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 12 2012
LANDED..........
September 15 2012

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
hey there,,, did you guys have your interview in damascus? or somewhere else...if so have you heard anything back from them,,did they tell you how long you had to wait after the interview????

Canada-Girl2012 said:
All we can do is be patient and keep waiting...we were told to expect longer wait times. What happens yesterday may not happen tomorrow so we shouldn't assume anything just hope for the best !

rah

Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2011
AOR Received.
10-2011
File Transfer...
3-2012
Med's Done....
7-2011
Passport Req..
I pray by Sep. 2012
Kurdistan-kazhal said:
hey there,,, did you guys have your interview in damascus? or somewhere else...if so have you heard anything back from them,,did they tell you how long you had to wait after the interview????
Hey when did apply and when was you file transfered to damascus?
When did you husband go for the interviw to Ankara? Did they email or in mail they asked him to come for the interview
Would you mind to share the interview questions?
Thansk alot :)

Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for sharing and thanks for writing, I believe efforts like yours and that of Jay, will eventually lead to improvements of the process at least in long-term. I'll wait till 14 months of wait is completed; when it is, I plan to write and publish and take the matter to press/media if I have to.

JayJ

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
dirtypolitics said:
Hi all,

I am also sponsoring my partner since last year. I put together a weblog to increase social awareness about current governments lack of attention to human rights and the values that made Canada what it is now.

I may add more postings if I am encouraged by the number of visitors. If we are lucky maybe a local newspaper pick up an idea and inform canadian public re the injustice.
://serendipity6542.blogspot. ca/2012/04/dirty-politics-1-application-processing.html

Please forward it to your friends and family as much as you can. just to give you an idea if 50% of us forward it to our friends and 25% of them forward to their friends and 10% of them forward .... in a matter of days thousands of people around the world will know about this.

After living for years in the west, the only cure to dirty politics is social awareness.

I am not using my real name so not looking for fame and I don't have google adsesne or any financial expectation. It may be useless, I know, but at least tried...
://serendipity6542.blogspot. ca/2012/04/dirty-politics-1-application-processing.html

On the next posting I will try to collect facts about the amount of budget cuts to CIC this year and cost of one of the F18 fighters Canada is buying...
Good initiative. I've sent two emails to a Toronto Star reporter and The Current.

Beyond the lack of transparency, ignored emails and increasing wait times at the embassies handling Damascus applications, there are other big fundamental issues such as the vast disparities in wait times at various offices, as you mention.

I 100% agree with you as to why the 80% processing time for most Chinese and all Indian applicants is only between 5-6 months.

Hong Kong's wait time is significantly higher, but I read that's because they decided to do an audit and found that 50% of all applicants during a specific time were determined to not be genuine, and it's a useful situation for them anyway, to claim that not all Chinese are favoured.

Throughout this, I would urge everyone to not fall into the trap of thinking that the problem is specifically with the current party in government. Fairness and marriage equality is a non-partisan issue that all parties and candidates should support.

siavashf

Dec 29, 2011
Tehran - Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011/22-02-2012
Passport Req..
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
JayJ said:
We have to prepare ourselves for what I think is their deliberate attempt to slow down the process to create a crisis, so they can come in with their solution.

When I applied for PR sponsorship of my wife at the end of January, the waiting time in Mississauga was between 37-43 days. It's now 75 days, according to their last update on April 2, which should've been updated since then.

I noticed the increase happened around the time of the Arab Spring, but that should have had nothing to do with it, and also doesn't now.

The government caused the backlog of the 300,000 pre-Feb. 27 2008 PR work visa applicants since they have been governing since 2006. Their solution was to throw out the applications and announce a new system, which I think was their plan all along.

Why has only one PPR been granted from all three embassies that we have heard about, and why are all three embassies quiet in the past two weeks?

We are coming to the time where we have to speak out in a loud enough voice or we can predictably expect to have our lives run by them.
If family ties are important to Canadians they have to do whatever it takes to speed up the process. Personally I don't understand the logic behind the prolonging the waiting time.
Btw, the first step is increased to 84 days!
Actually during the last 12 months, there were times that the first step was as short as 34 days and also there were times which it increased to 95 days......I think we can't judge the whole process by looking at the first step trend solely.

Kurdistan-kazhal

Mar 25, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ankara/damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 7 2011
Med's Request
2010/ & JAN 2012
Interview........
March, 21, 2012
Passport Req..
Feb, 18, 2013
heyy,,, our appl was send to damascus on feb 7 2011, and i heard back a couple month ago through an email...to be honest i had just send a couple of email to jason kenneys office, minister of immgration for updates..and in one of the reply they told me my husband would need to go for an interview and at the time i had asked them to interview him in ankara..so then i got a email back a while ago asking him to attend an interview in ankara and so he did....most of the Qs were regarding how we have met, wedding, how we communicate, where i have finished school what i do now,,and especially about military services as that is a critical question.....upon leaving he was told to waite for a month to 2 month as she had said she needed to go over the file and look over the MD...but my husband had told her he had redone his medical a while ago and then she told him to expect a reply back after a month to 40 days...its been close to a month now and i have not heard anything back....

rah said:
Hey when did apply and when was you file transfered to damascus?
When did you husband go for the interviw to Ankara? Did they email or in mail they asked him to come for the interview
Would you mind to share the interview questions?
Thansk alot :)