Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I must admit that from time to time, i would add strangers, this though is based on what their profile says about them, if they have written me a personal message indicating why and so forth. I always keep an open mind to new people as heck thats how i met my husband in the first place and thats how i met so many good nice people. :)

So person X messages me and says...Hi there, I noticed that you are into computers etc etc and I am interested in networking... I got to the person's profile and notice that they attended the same University as me and attended the brother school of my secondary school. Fine, I decide okay, maybe i have seen this person in passing, we have similar schools/backgrounds, i am a networker..So added!

Ever got a creepy feeling? I got this really weird creepy creepy feeling. A few days later, he/she writes me back...hi..how do you go to visit your husband when you are in progress at the embassy. Just wondering as my friend's brother did not get to go visit. I think I am really spoilt by the way we try to helped people here, so I actually went into a very long explanation with giving a few details of my personal story and indicating that my visa was soon to up but as always it was up to the visa office to renew.

Again...creepy creepy creepy feeling...So I decided to delete the person. I noticed that the person had only me and two other people as friends (and the two others were like popular people with thousands of friends) and never placed a profile pic.

Well....this CREEP messaged both my sisters and my sister's boyfriend to say all sorts of malicious things about me and my sister! Basically, that I was with a lot of guys at University (well yeah, I had lots of boyfriends so what?) and that I could not get a man to marry me locally and had to TRAP a foreigner!)
Needless to say, there was a mad scurry to ‘secure' my profile and contact various people to explain, tried to track but the person seemingly has disappeared off facebook.

Now this person also said horrible things to my sister's boyfriend about my sister and after talking to my ex- I found out person has contacted him as well. Telling him that they had a mutual friend and that she wanted to talk to him on e=mail because she had a weird voice. He just ignored her.
So it seems it's a personal vendetta against me by someone that knows me well?

My question to the forum this morning is! What if this person has taken to write to the Embassy in an email and has written malicious things to *censored word* up my application and possible visa?
How does the embassy deal with such information? Should I do anything? I am really afraid that something like this could delay the process or cause an outright rejection. Any ideas?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the embassy would look into any items that were provided to them (malicious or not). So it may slow things down.

Sadly, this is one of many problems that can happen when you have information on Facebook or other social networking sites.

On the web there is no privacy.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
WOW! HoneyBird, that's awful. I am so sorry to hear that. I do not normally add strangers, but after this I will definitely be more cautious. I don't know if this person will go so far as to contact the embassy. Do they know much about immigration in the first place and how that works? Who to contact? It seems to me like the prank is internet based only, just a little bashing (as awful as it is). And since you don't know for sure what this mystery person has done, contacting CIC about it would damage you if they didn't do anything.

Hang in there HoneyBird. Maybe you should contact this person and ask them what the matter is? How to resolve it? Don't bring up CIC at all as to avoid putting that information in their heads. I would just be brief. But I'm not 100% sure about that advice about contacting them so go with your gut on that one. All the best.

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
I had similar "panic buttons" pushed. For our wedding, my (now former) best friend flew to Brazil with me. It was her first time meeting my husband in person and she took a liking to him (WAAAY too much). She is wealthy and used to getting her own way, and she wanted him..and took it VERY personally when he was not interested in her in any way. My husband and I happened to be very much in love and very close to one another, so he (of course) did not believe the garbage that she had to say about me in order to win him over. But she tried! And even after the wedding and our return to Canada, she continued to call and email him constantly, so when he told her off, she was very unimpressed and I worried that her garbage might end up finding its way to immigration in order to get even. Nothing she has to say is actually valid or truthful, but it might just be enough to stall things and make them more difficult than they already are...I decided to just deal with things as they come - we really have no way of preventing people from trying to cause harm. In the end, I know my husband and I will be ok (just hope it is soon!!)

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Yes I guess I will have to play it by ear. As I do not think like a Psycho. I think her intent here was to cause disruption in my married life. to have my spouse or others think i am not good wife? material. however i gave her the opening about the embassy and visa, so now it probably got her thinking that she could do some damage there. But i will wait and see. I was just wondering if the embassy actually follows up on those sorts of tings.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I don't want to worry you, but visas have been denied due to 'poison pen' letters written to the embassy. I have read the story of a woman who was sponsoring her husband out of Accra, West Africa (same office as my husband). Her husband got his visa and started his return journey home, elated! The day after giving him the visa, the embassy called him while he was en route and told him there was a problem with the visa and to return to Accra. Of course he did, and at that point they confisacated his visa because of a phone call/letter (not sure which one) they had received from a third person who told lies about him.

My point in telling you this is so that you can protect yourself. I don't know if notifying the embassy would be a smart thing to do, but definitely save and print all correspondence with this person so you have some evidence.

I hope they were just playing with you and wouldn't be so cruel as to try to ruin your husband's immigration! (maybe it was an ex-boyfriend???)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Cdagal said:
I had similar "panic buttons" pushed. For our wedding, my (now former) best friend flew to Brazil with me. It was her first time meeting my husband in person and she took a liking to him (WAAAY too much). She is wealthy and used to getting her own way, and she wanted him..and took it VERY personally when he was not interested in her in any way. My husband and I happened to be very much in love and very close to one another, so he (of course) did not believe the garbage that she had to say about me in order to win him over. But she tried! And even after the wedding and our return to Canada, she continued to call and email him constantly, so when he told her off, she was very unimpressed and I worried that her garbage might end up finding its way to immigration in order to get even. Nothing she has to say is actually valid or truthful, but it might just be enough to stall things and make them more difficult than they already are...I decided to just deal with things as they come - we really have no way of preventing people from trying to cause harm. In the end, I know my husband and I will be ok (just hope it is soon!!)
Wow...just wow. She is absolutely unbelievable! Trying to steal your husband on your wedding vacation?? I mean, I know Yoruba guys are totally hot and women go crazy over them ;) but she is really a piece of work! Glad she is an 'former' friend now!

Totally keeping my fingers crossed for you hun, your interview is coming up soon!!

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
bobshynoswife said:
I don't want to worry you, but visas have been denied due to 'poison pen' letters written to the embassy. I have read the story of a woman who was sponsoring her husband out of Accra, West Africa (same office as my husband). Her husband got his visa and started his return journey home, elated! The day after giving him the visa, the embassy called him while he was en route and told him there was a problem with the visa and to return to Accra. Of course he did, and at that point they confisacated his visa because of a phone call/letter (not sure which one) they had received from a third person who told lies about him.

My point in telling you this is so that you can protect yourself. I don't know if notifying the embassy would be a smart thing to do, but definitely save and print all correspondence with this person so you have some evidence.

I hope they were just playing with you and wouldn't be so cruel as to try to ruin your husband's immigration! (maybe it was an ex-boyfriend???)

yes that is what i intend to do. what ever happens happens..but if and when we do get the visa pr (its for me) then i guess i will tell no onee a move up quietly. was planning a big going away party but i need to be careful. this thing that has happened has turned me paranoid..as for the case you mentioned i hope that they appealed and got through..

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
HoneyBird said:
yes that is what i intend to do. what ever happens happens..but if and when we do get the visa pr (its for me) then i guess i will tell no onee a move up quietly. was planning a big going away party but i need to be careful. this thing that has happened has turned me paranoid..as for the case you mentioned i hope that they appealed and got through..
Sorry to have mis-read your case, I tend to read quickly sometimes, and while I've read many of your posts, I couldn't remember your specifics.

As for that Accra couple, they are still waiting for their appeal I believe. So very sad.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
bobshynoswife said:
Sorry to have mis-read your case, I tend to read quickly sometimes, and while I've read many of your posts, I couldn't remember your specifics.

As for that Accra couple, they are still waiting for their appeal I believe. So very sad.
thats okay. the good thing is..that is the lies she is spreading is about me getting a foreigner to marry me cause i can't get a local man because I ran around with too many in my university days. a..well i don't know if the embassy would view this as a case of jealous person/sour grapes. Cause she is not saying i married for visa you see... A person's history from university (that i departed four years ago such have no consequence...hey..thats what university life is about- partying..going out blah blah..and studying.) So i guess only time will tell.

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
Sorry for all the trouble.

After reading above, we are getting worried. Although we are genuine and serious in our relationship, we are aware that no other country can accomodate us but Canada. We are vulnerable still. Malicious mails and reports can damage our application.
But the sad part or say amazing part, is that we are aware of too many people around us who broke the law of Canada, broke immigration rules and they got away with it. They are in Canada and enjoying the cake.Very unpredictable process indeed.

B

buddhadimple

I can't believe people are still doing this s***... "Still" referring to the maliciousness that I thought ended in Grade 10.

You may want to "Report" it to (Facebook?). That way you could always request information about them later. The police can find out who it is if the results of their actions have caused enough harm. Wait it out, but definitely press the Report button so that the website has a record as well (including IP Address, etc.). It is Harassment, especially as they then contacted your friends and family as well.

KimJuliBC

Oct 18, 2010
We don't know for sure, if making complaints would help or would add to the fire.
Facebook is making everyone paranoid nowadays. We heard about divorces and family disasters because of the breach of privacy bre in facebook. Around the corner, there a family (neighbour) where the husband found out of small affair. Wife left her laptop open and husband discovered something in facebook page. The wife was having emotions for a work-mate. They are now in a storm, divorce threat, counselling etc etc.

Back to main topic, we are worried. reports can happen. But why on earth the people who abuse the law go away with it? My Ex for example is stuborn and would not compromise. But I know of real couple around here who were more or less in our situation when it comes to medical exam for a dependent child. The lady came as care-in-giver. She applied for PR. Her son was left behind and her ex was already with another spouse and even he had a new baby there (from the other spouse). They made their own deal. The lady had to sponsor both her child and the father, as a price for her child to join her. Once arrived, they applied for official divorce,. Ex husband went his way and she went her way. Nothing happened to them.
But genuine people who are the real sufferers

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
thats why shouldnt talk bout any immigration personal stuff/or any personal stuff to strangers. what website u met the person on? facebook? me dont mention anything bout immigration on my facebook to anyone even my friends.
here is ok to talk to strangers because they dont see ur photo, nor any real data.
hope ur problems ends soon!