+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current status: what to write?

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Greetings.

I'm currently filling again forms since some changed last December, and I came across a little problem: I am being asked my current status in Canada, which is visitor, and it's asking me up until when my visa is valid. The problem is, it's currently being processed for an extension and I'm past the date of my previous extension being over, so the form doesn't accept the date being prior to today.

What should I write instead?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Put the date that you finish the form and then include a letter of explanation.

Kahisys

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Thank you for your answer. Those new questions are a little confusing at times.

Another question, if I may, even though unrelated to this particular topic: in the "Relationship information and sponsorship evaluation" form, the final question asks "Is there any more information you wish to share to support your relationship?". To which I wrote a few lines. I want to know if this is good or not.

"We've been in a relationship for now 2 years. By the time this application is seen, we'll most likely already be past our third year together. All we want is to stay together. The only reason XXX's parents don't know about our relationship is his fear of being rejected by them. We are pretty young, but with the support of YYY's family, as well as small incomes earned online, we've been able to live more than sufficiently. We're extremely vocal about our relationship online, and for what it's worth, hundreds of people know how close we are, as well as both of our roommates and a few friends we trust. We're not too vocal about it outside of the Internet due to fear of being put in danger, living in a province that's pretty old-fashioned in its way of thinking. Even while trying to not appear as a couple in public, we still got verbally assaulted, if that says it all.
But we are just in love. There's really nothing else than that. And XXX is willing to leave the country if YYY can't stay."

How is that?