+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current Country of Residence?

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi

I'm just completing the Background Information form and am unsure of what to put for Q5 - Current Country of Residence.

I'm here in Canada at the moment (on tourist visa, have been here for 18.5 months) but am leaving in a couple of days to go back to Oz and will wait out the process there. We are hoping to send the application on Friday or at the latest next week.

Do I put Canada as I'm physically here doing the forms today or do I put Oz because that's where I'll be by the time they are reading the forms?

T

TaaDow

In this case I would put country of residence as Oz. Simply because at this point you're more visiting Canada then residing here and as you noted, by the time you send it in you will be residing back in Oz.

Say hello to the wiz for me...

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Thanks, that helps.

I'm just watching the snow fall outside so compared to that, any city in Oz will definitely be the "Emerald City" as far as I'm concerned! In one week I'll be basking on the beach with my nieces, working on my tan, yay :)

PS Have you guys ever thought of making the boxes on those forms a bit bigger? I've got writers cramp trying to be neat in such small spaces! For all my attached info I've had to type because my poor old hands are giving out :p