Zaraguy

Apr 10, 2024
AOR Jan 26 2024
BIL. Feb 20 2024
CSQ from previous Outland application
Medical March 1 2024 (extended by IRCC)
Background in process
Eligibility not started

silenceeeee. Are they gonna request for another CSQ from us?

redsox21

Jun 2, 2024
Hi everyone! Good news finally we received our CSQ today ! Our CSQ is approved on Feb 29th but it took almost one month to arrive ! Hope everyone good luck !
Hey there. Just wanted to say hi and congratulations! I recently applied for csq and am understanding how difficult, slow the gov can be regarding mifi. I'm an American as well and it is TOUGH waiting while seeing everyone with CEC and out of province applications get processed faster.

We applied at the end of March for CSQ and are still dreading waiting for ircc to process our application AFTER MIFI.

Good luck to everyone. We applied back in March 2023 but had to redo the application because we filled it out wrong so the official start time was September 2023. We are actually considering for me to sponsor her to come to the states because of the lack of transparency of the tracking for csq with MIFI, thr rejection of credit card when mailing it, they didn't even give us an explanation and we used express overnight mail about $50 CAD each time... it's incredible how much they charge for taxes when you're living there but the services do not reflect the type of service you would pay for. But I'm speaking from my experience with the government I got when i was living in New York and Vermont and federal.

Marie Fogarty

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
Hey everyone! I am living in Quebec with my husband from Uganda. We applied for spouse sponsorship March 30, 2024. We now have AOR, we want to apply for Open work permit. When I tried to do the online application through the GCkey account, they ask me questions, and because I mentioned we live in Quebec, they say I need to apply in Quebec first ??? How Can I apply for open work permit now ?? When I called immigration in Quebec, they told me to apply in Canada.... I am confused now?

Can someone bring some clarity please?
Thank you!

Victorovna

Dec 4, 2018
Hey there! One additional question if you see this--I realized we were supposed to submit proof of sending the undertaking application to MIFI--we sent this March 26th but my husband didn't get tracking. No updates in gkey on my OWP (other than to say the application was received on March 21) and no updates on my PR application since the AOR on March 19. I haven't had biometrics or medical requested. Should we resend the undertaking application with tracking? Could that be what's holding it up? They haven't charged my card for the undertaking application either.
Hey there again :) Did you finally submit the proof? Was it beyond the 30 days mentioned by IRCC?
I am in the same boat, submitted a web form with the AOR from MIFI, but took longer than 30 days and no news from IRCC yet...wondering if it affects med/biometrics requests...Thank you!

elallen

Mar 18, 2024
Hey there again :) Did you finally submit the proof? Was it beyond the 30 days mentioned by IRCC?
I am in the same boat, submitted a web form with the AOR from MIFI, but took longer than 30 days and no news from IRCC yet...wondering if it affects med/biometrics requests...Thank you!
Hi there! I ended up having my undertaking application returned to me, there was one attachment incorrect. I triple checked everything and mailed it back this time with tracking (which I uploaded to IRCC). I also received an AOR from MIFI on May 24th and uploaded this as well. I haven't received any biometrics request but I did receive a medical request on June 4th, did the exam, and the results are now showing in my gkey. I also received OWP (applied for this on March 21) on July 10th. Still waiting on CSQ but hopeful since the MIFI website says they are now treating demands received May 23rd.

Victorovna

Dec 4, 2018
Hi there! I ended up having my undertaking application returned to me, there was one attachment incorrect. I triple checked everything and mailed it back this time with tracking (which I uploaded to IRCC). I also received an AOR from MIFI on May 24th and uploaded this as well. I haven't received any biometrics request but I did receive a medical request on June 4th, did the exam, and the results are now showing in my gkey. I also received OWP (applied for this on March 21) on July 10th. Still waiting on CSQ but hopeful since the MIFI website says they are now treating demands received May 23rd.
Hello, not sure if we are looking at the same source, but it says only "May 15th" and it was updated a few days ago, last week was May 8th...https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/permanent/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-spouse-conjugal-partner/submitting-undertaking-application#c179758

elallen

Mar 18, 2024
Hello, not sure if we are looking at the same source, but it says only "May 15th" and it was updated a few days ago, last week was May 8th...https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/permanent/sponsor-family-member/sponsoring-spouse-conjugal-partner/submitting-undertaking-application#c179758
Hi there! I am still seeing May 23rd here: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/permanent/sponsor-family-member/sponsor-other-family-member/undertaking-application (I think it's the same link).

I also received my CSQ in the mail on Thursday (it says it was approved on July 22nd), and my AOR from Quebec was May 24th so that fits. :)

Victorovna

Dec 4, 2018
Hi there! I am still seeing May 23rd here: https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/permanent/sponsor-family-member/sponsor-other-family-member/undertaking-application (I think it's the same link).

I also received my CSQ in the mail on Thursday (it says it was approved on July 22nd), and my AOR from Quebec was May 24th so that fits. :)
It's 2 different links...the one I sent you is for sponsoring spouse/conjugal partner and yours is for another family member.

Congrats! What a great news!
Hopefully applications can move to the next steps sooner than later...the 28 months mentioned on IRCC should go down eventually...

mys1138

Jun 17, 2016
Hi there! I'm also an American PA living with my Canadian spouse/sponsor in Quebec. I had a similar situation to you with my employer, but they decided to lay me off instead of relocate my role even though I had discussed the relocation and work permit with them -- so just be careful with that.

1. Yes. What province you are traveling to doesn't really have any impact on the OWP timeline. The OWP is usually processed through the Edmonton VO. For me, from the time I submitted to the time I received the physical permit took just under 2 months (50 days). My full timeline is in my signature, but I'll put the most relevant pieces for the OWP here for reference:

- Nov 9, 2023: Submitted Inland Spousal PR Application
- Dec 1, 2023: Received AOR
- Dec 10, 2023: Submitted OWP Application
- Dec 20, 2023: PR Biometrics Instruction Letter (applies to the OWP as well)
- Dec 27, 2023: Biometrics Appointment
- Dec 28, 2023: Biometrics marked Completed in trackers
- Jan 22, 2024: OWP Application Status Changed to "Final Decision"
- Jan 23, 2024: OWP Approved
- Jan 29,2024: OWP Received in the mail

2. The CSQ isn't something you fill out, it is a document that essentially says Quebec has authorized you to immigrate to the province, and the Undertaking -- similarly -- is basically a letter that states Quebec acknowledges/approves your sponsor's eligibility and commitment. We received ours in about 2 months (roughly 55-60 days) from the time that the office received our application.

One thing that drove me crazy with Quebec was the lack of transparency in their processing (no trackers or ways to measure updates). For us, the CSQ process was particularly nerve-wracking because my husband is disabled (we had submitted a bit of extra paperwork as proof). My timeline is also a little bit wonky because our credit card failed with the first application we submitted. So for our second one, we did a money order, which had no problems (and tbh was probably easier). We had to resubmit, but we just got the Sponsor Approval and CSQ recently!! I'll condense my CSQ timeline so that you have an idea of how long the processing might take :)

- Jan 19, 2024: CSQ + Undertaking mailed (included the Postal Money Order with the application -- we also scanned the Canada Post receipt to send it to IRCC via web form as "evidence" of the submission)
- Jan 23, 2024ish: CSQ + Undertaking delivered (not 100% sure on this date since I didn't have tracking details)
- Feb 7, 2024: Payment Accepted (this means they opened the envelope and "cashed" the money order on this date)
- Feb 13, 2024: Confirmation/AOR received in mail (we scanned this letter and sent it to IRCC via web form)
- Feb 19, 2024: email from IRCC acknowledging they received the web form submission
- March 18, 2024: CSQ + Undertaking approved
- March 22, 2024: Received 2 copies of CSQ + 1 copy of CSQ approval letter + 1 copy of Sponsor Approval letter +1 copy of approved application in the mail (all arrived in the same envelope) We also scanned the CSQ and the Sponsor Approval letter (3 pages total) and submitted those to IRCC through web form as well
- March 25, 2024: email from IRCC acknowledging they received the web form submission

If you have any other questions about the CSQ or anything else, let me know! I'm happy to help with any info I can :)

Hello!
I've been looking for concrete information on the kind of duration one might receive on the OWP and havent been able to find anything. Was the OWP you were issued valid for more than 2yrs? I'm curious to know if it will cover the current processing time(24months) for PR.

SkyEarth

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello!
I've been looking for concrete information on the kind of duration one might receive on the OWP and havent been able to find anything. Was the OWP you were issued valid for more than 2yrs? I'm curious to know if it will cover the current processing time(24months) for PR.
Hi! I'm happy to help bring transparency where I can and answer any questions. The Open Work Permit that I received is valid for two years from the point that is was approved. So I got the approval on Jan 22, 2024, and the expiry is Jan 22, 2026. Most OWPs are going to be valid for 2 years. If you receive your PR card before the OWP's expiry date, you will not need to renew the work permit.

For some context as well, I've been monitoring things pretty closely with regard to QC processing times for PR (Inland was at 24 months in QC when I applied in Nov 2023), and I am seeing that the people who applied around Nov 2022 are starting to receive their PR Cards about now. With luck, I hope that this will be the case (or sooner) for my group, too, which would hopefully mean that I could receive PR in around 18-20 months instead of 24 -- if that holds true, then I would receive my PR card around May - July 2025 and I would not have to worry about renewing my OWP :)

Hopefully this answer helps! ^^

Reactions: mys1138

nginmtl

Oct 11, 2022
Hi everyone, I got my CSQ a while ago and I'm just wondering what's next? The Application Status Tracker says "Biometrics: Completed" "Medical Exam: Completed" "Eligibility: Not Started" and "Background Verification: In Progress". I see people saying they uploaded the CSQ to the IRCC site but I don't see where to do that, and the CSQ says "Les autorités fédérales qui traitent votre dossier ont été informées de la déliverance de ces certificats de sélection". So it seems to me I just have to wait for IRCC to do something?

I'm applying outland but living in Quebec as a visitor for now. Timeline and stuff is in my signature.

SkyEarth

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone, I got my CSQ a while ago and I'm just wondering what's next? The Application Status Tracker says "Biometrics: Completed" "Medical Exam: Completed" "Eligibility: Not Started" and "Background Verification: In Progress". I see people saying they uploaded the CSQ to the IRCC site but I don't see where to do that, and the CSQ says "Les autorités fédérales qui traitent votre dossier ont été informées de la déliverance de ces certificats de sélection". So it seems to me I just have to wait for IRCC to do something?

I'm applying outland but living in Quebec as a visitor for now. Timeline and stuff is in my signature.
The next thing will be the AIP, Pre-Arrival Services Letter, and Sponsor Approval from IRCC -- all three usually arrive around the same time. These are what determine your Eligibility. You don't have to do anything but wait for these, but IRCC won't start on them until they get your CSQ. Usually after you get the CSQ, MIFI is responsible for submitting your CSQ Approval to IRCC -- but they're a bit slow and can sometimes be unreliable, which is why it's suggested to submit those things to IRCC yourself to help the process a lil bit quicker and also just as a back-up in case MIFI loses track of things. To do that, you want to go to the webform to submit the document and any associated paperwork (such as the Sponsor Approval letter from Quebec): https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Good luck! Hope this answer helps :)

nginmtl

Oct 11, 2022
Very helpful, thanks!

I thought I already got the Sponsor Approval/Eligibility letter back in February - I needed it to submit the application to MIFI. It says "We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor." My partner is a Canadian citizen so I didn't expect any issue with that part. Is there another eligibility step?

Edit: I looked through the timeline in your signature and found IRCC SA1 before the CSQ and IRCC SA2 after. I think that answers my question. Thanks for putting so much detail there :)