+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ spouse sponsorship inland timeline 2024

jenne0710

Sep 18, 2024
Hey everyone! I received a letter by mail from MIFI stating that they have received our application to sponsor. Should i send a copy of this letter to IRCC even though it’s been more than 30 days? Initially i just sent receipts from Canada post as proof that we have started/sent application to MIFI.
Also, i havent received biometrics instruction letter and medical (i have done medical last 2022 and im here in Canada, the new rule states that i might be exempted but i did not include my IMEI number when i applied because there wasnt any instruction for it at that time)
So far this is my timeline: (common-law partner to a Canadian Citizen, in Canada, VO Mississauga)
July 26- sent application to ircc
July 27- IRCC received application
August 23 - AOR sent to sponsor, paid for Biometrics, sent receipt via Webform
September 4 - sent CSQ and undertaking app to MIFI, sent Canada post receipts via Webform
September 26 - returned app from MIFI because payment was rejected
September 27 - sent new cc payment and app to MIFI, sent copy of canada post receipt to Webform as proof
October 4 - payment accepted and deducted from my cc
October 9- received AOR from MIFI by mail

SkyEarth

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hey everyone! I received a letter by mail from MIFI stating that they have received our application to sponsor. Should i send a copy of this letter to IRCC even though it’s been more than 30 days? Initially i just sent receipts from Canada post as proof that we have started/sent application to MIFI.
Also, i havent received biometrics instruction letter and medical (i have done medical last 2022 and im here in Canada, the new rule states that i might be exempted but i did not include my IMEI number when i applied because there wasnt any instruction for it at that time)
So far this is my timeline: (common-law partner to a Canadian Citizen, in Canada, VO Mississauga)
July 26- sent application to ircc
July 27- IRCC received application
August 23 - AOR sent to sponsor, paid for Biometrics, sent receipt via Webform
September 4 - sent CSQ and undertaking app to MIFI, sent Canada post receipts via Webform
September 26 - returned app from MIFI because payment was rejected
September 27 - sent new cc payment and app to MIFI, sent copy of canada post receipt to Webform as proof
October 4 - payment accepted and deducted from my cc
October 9- received AOR from MIFI by mail
Woo! Congrats on getting your Confirmation of Receipt Letter!

You should be fine since you sent the postal receipt to IRCC as your "evidence", but I personally recommend sending a copy of the Confirmation letter to IRCC just to "keep them updated" so to speak. The Confirmation letter is a little bit more official and it kinda lets IRCC know that MIFI is actively working on your application.

My biometrics were requested shortly after I received the Invitation Letter/before my CSQ was submitted. Biometrics is usually the next thing that IRCC looks at after they've taken a peek at your Eligibility. It's possible that with the new Family Class limitations that Quebec has put in place, some of the order of operations might have changed internally for IRCC. When they are ready, they will send you the BIL (Biometrics Instruction Letter) on GCKey.

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
submission Jan 11th, 2024
AOR Jan 26th, 2024
BIL Feb 20th 2024
Medical updated Feb 29th, 2024 (Medical was done from Visitor record application)

My spouse and kids have a CSQ from previous outland application that is stuck with the outland office since 2020. ( I think they will issue another CSQ)
They finally asked us to apply for another CSQ and application was mailed on the 25th of September 2024, it was received on the 26th of September and it started processing on the 4th of October, 2024. (Thats the date on the AOR).
Like when do we expect that it will be processed?

SkyEarth

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
They finally asked us to apply for another CSQ and application was mailed on the 25th of September 2024, it was received on the 26th of September and it started processing on the 4th of October, 2024. (Thats the date on the AOR).
Like when do we expect that it will be processed?
CSQ usually takes 1-3 months for approval from the time of submission.