+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ French Language Requirement

Kumaravel01

Jul 22, 2023
Once accept your invitation, getting credentials for mon projet, paying the required fees, filling the initial form. You will then get a personalized list of documents to provide - the list will tell you what document and who can certify it (notary or Justice of peace) or who can translate it. And be ready to use the fastest mean of delivery. Recently it was taking a few days in Canadian Customs and there is nothing you can do about it. Normally the highest degrees and transcripts for me required public notary/justice of peace and translation (they will tell who can translate for you depends of where you live in the World), everything else was just photocopies.
Taking a photocopy of my certificates and getting it signed from the University will work or still notary is required? Also, Can I not upload the documents in the portal, do I need to mandatorily send the copy to Quebec?

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Taking a photocopy of my certificates and getting it signed from the University will work or still notary is required? Also, Can I not upload the documents in the portal, do I need to mandatorily send the copy to Quebec?
In personalized documents, they will tell you what they want depends on what country you are residing in. If you have a degree and transcripts, you can have reference on link(s) I will post below. Employment reference can take time to get them, but I think if you go on google and find sample(s) of what they are actually looking for, and I hope you understand French:

Attestation ou certificat de travail
L'attestation ou certificat doit contenir les éléments suivants :
- la durée de l'emploi (date de début et date de fin);
- le nombre d'heures travaillées par semaine;
- les postes que vous avez occupés au sein de l'entreprise ainsi que la période pendant laquelle vous
avez occupé chaque poste;
- les principales tâches et responsabilités correspondant à chaque poste;
- la signature de votre superviseur immédiat ou de l'agent du personnel de l'entreprise ainsi que son
nom en caractères d'imprimerie;
- la date à laquelle l'attestation ou le certificat a été signé.
Ce document doit être rédigé sur du papier à en-tête sur lequel sont indiquées les coordonnées de
l'entreprise (adresse complète, numéros de téléphone et de télécopieur, adresse courriel).
Note : Les contrats de travail et les promesses d'embauche ne sont pas acceptés.

The following links may clarify some of your questions:

https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/regles-documents-formats

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/liste-autorites.php

P.S.: All the documents are sent by Post or any other delivery services for Quebec Skilled Workers Category, but Pilot programs they upload them in arrima.

Cheers,

V.

Kumaravel01

Jul 22, 2023
In personalized documents, they will tell you what they want depends on what country you are residing in. If you have a degree and transcripts, you can have reference on link(s) I will post below. Employment reference can take time to get them, but I think if you go on google and find sample(s) of what they are actually looking for, and I hope you understand French:

Attestation ou certificat de travail
L'attestation ou certificat doit contenir les éléments suivants :
- la durée de l'emploi (date de début et date de fin);
- le nombre d'heures travaillées par semaine;
- les postes que vous avez occupés au sein de l'entreprise ainsi que la période pendant laquelle vous
avez occupé chaque poste;
- les principales tâches et responsabilités correspondant à chaque poste;
- la signature de votre superviseur immédiat ou de l'agent du personnel de l'entreprise ainsi que son
nom en caractères d'imprimerie;
- la date à laquelle l'attestation ou le certificat a été signé.
Ce document doit être rédigé sur du papier à en-tête sur lequel sont indiquées les coordonnées de
l'entreprise (adresse complète, numéros de téléphone et de télécopieur, adresse courriel).
Note : Les contrats de travail et les promesses d'embauche ne sont pas acceptés.

The following links may clarify some of your questions:

https://www.quebec.ca/immigration/regles-documents-formats

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/liste-autorites.php

P.S.: All the documents are sent by Post or any other delivery services for Quebec Skilled Workers Category, but Pilot programs they upload them in arrima.

Cheers,

V.
Thank you bro

mateu__15

Jan 4, 2023
You might have received the invitation based upon CLB 7 or Points basis or job title or outside montreal job validation.
Do you have a validated job offer?
I didnt understant well, If I receive an outside montreal job validation is it obligatory to have an french exam?

tharis63

Nov 28, 2023
Sherbrooke
Category........
WP
I recently received a validated job offer outside the Montreal region and will soon be creating an Expression of Interest (EOI). Do I need to have French language proficiency results to obtain the CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate)?

I found the following details on the website:

'However, an exception is made for people who hold a validated job offer outside the territory of the Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC). These persons may, temporarily, be invited to submit an application for permanent selection without having to declare their level of knowledge of French.'

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
I recently received a validated job offer outside the Montreal region and will soon be creating an Expression of Interest (EOI). Do I need to have French language proficiency results to obtain the CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate)?

I found the following details on the website:

'However, an exception is made for people who hold a validated job offer outside the territory of the Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC). These persons may, temporarily, be invited to submit an application for permanent selection without having to declare their level of knowledge of French.'
No as of today it’s not compulsory to declare French language result for getting invitation or Csq , if you have validated job offer outside MMC.

Reactions: tharis63

tharis63

Nov 28, 2023
Sherbrooke
Category........
WP
No as of today it’s not compulsory to declare French language result for getting invitation or Csq , if you have validated job offer outside MMC.
Thanks for the reply @Singh__

I got a reply from Integration of Quebec saying that the French level is now mandatory even if you have a validated job offer outside MMC

'Bonjour, Depuis juin 2023, seules les personnes qui déclarent avoir une connaissance du français de niveau 7 à l’oral selon l’Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français dans leur déclaration d’intérêt peuvent être invitées à présenter une demande de sélection permanente, à l’exception des personnes détenant une offre d’emploi validée à l’extérieur du territoire de la CMM. Toutefois l’exemption prévue pour ces personnes est temporaire. C’est pourquoi nous conseillons à toutes les personnes qui ont une OEV hors CMM d’entreprendre les démarches dès maintenant afin d’être en mesure de déclarer leur connaissance du français dans leur déclaration d’intérêt. Vous trouverez dans ce document à la section « Connaissance du français » tous les moyens vous permettant de déclarer votre niveau de français.'

Is there anyone who received their CSQ after the July invitation and did not declare proficiency in the French language?

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Thanks for the reply @Singh__

I got a reply from Integration of Quebec saying that the French level is now mandatory even if you have a validated job offer outside MMC

'Bonjour, Depuis juin 2023, seules les personnes qui déclarent avoir une connaissance du français de niveau 7 à l’oral selon l’Échelle québécoise des niveaux de compétence en français dans leur déclaration d’intérêt peuvent être invitées à présenter une demande de sélection permanente, à l’exception des personnes détenant une offre d’emploi validée à l’extérieur du territoire de la CMM. Toutefois l’exemption prévue pour ces personnes est temporaire. C’est pourquoi nous conseillons à toutes les personnes qui ont une OEV hors CMM d’entreprendre les démarches dès maintenant afin d’être en mesure de déclarer leur connaissance du français dans leur déclaration d’intérêt. Vous trouverez dans ce document à la section « Connaissance du français » tous les moyens vous permettant de déclarer votre niveau de français.'

Is there anyone who received their CSQ after the July invitation and did not declare proficiency in the French language?
They are saying that there exemption for valid job offer outside MMC . This is temporarily that means if they want they can change it tomorrow that all people need French . But right now we can get invitations without French. Everyone got that same message in June who had EOI at that time .

Reactions: tharis63

tharis63

Nov 28, 2023
Sherbrooke
Category........
WP
They are saying that there exemption for valid job offer outside MMC . This is temporarily that means if they want they can change it tomorrow that all people need French . But right now we can get invitations without French. Everyone got that same message in June who had EOI at that time .
Thank you for the response @Singh__ , Appreciate the responses.