+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSIS and CBSA notes for Background Check

alienvalien

Nov 27, 2021
Not really anything that should reasonably concern you. It simply means that certain sections of the CSIS notes you received were redacted so as to not reveal investigative techniques or information gathering methods (supposedly) related to security screening.
Not really anything that should reasonably concern you. It simply means that certain sections of the CSIS notes you received were redacted so as to not reveal investigative techniques or information gathering methods (supposedly) related to security screening.
I see, it concerned as I was expecting to receive an explanation regarding to probation and background check delay. thanks for clarification

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Hi Guys,

apologies for any redundancy, but I didn't see it noted in the original post. When requesting the CBSA, CSIS , RCMP etc.. notes, what are putting in the section for Request Description?

Thanks in advance.

TechTimer

Aug 16, 2024
Hi All, I have applied my Citizenship application on August 2023. Test Completed on October 2023. Till now my application is pending with CSIS for Security Clearance and I got to know this 2 days back. Based on the forum discussion, I have raised request to CSIS to get information on my security clearance.
Kindle let me know if another request should i raise to speed up the process or any other alternative is there to reach out to them ? You response is muc appreciated.

qiushuo222

Feb 18, 2023
a little correction,

how security screening works, It depends on the IRCC officer if he wants to send you for a security screening due to your application hitting one of the indicators in their system
so they sent you for a security check, first, your files go to CBSA and then CBSA sends it to CSIS, once CSIS confirms your security is concluded and the file has been returned to CBSA, now your file is with CBSA, your gcms notes will start showing security in progress by CBSA, and once CBSA did their part they will send your file back to IRCC and then IRCC officer will make a decision

so in easy words IRCC=>CBSA=>CSIS
IRCC<=CBSA<=CSIS
hope this helps
I don't know if this is true. For me, until today, my CBSA note is showing on April 2024 it changed to "security in progress by CBSA", my CSIS (received yesterday) is still showing security in progress.

rous0ng

Feb 26, 2021
I don't know if this is true. For me, until today, my CBSA note is showing on April 2024 it changed to "security in progress by CBSA", my CSIS (received yesterday) is still showing security in progress.
We are on same boat. I guess the date which shows "security in progress by CBSA" is April 15th, right? I know plenty of people get that update, so it means nothing.