+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CREDIT CARD BILLS AND TRAFFIC TICKET (BICYCLE LIGHT)

LOKESHBABU

Mar 26, 2016
I am planning to apply for Canada express entry. In the Year 2010 I didn't pay my credit card bill and traffic ticket in Canada and returned back to home country. Kindly suggest me how to deal with the issue and please let now are these offenses make me inadmissible to immigrate to Canada...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
LOKESHBABU said:
I am planning to apply for Canada express entry. In the Year 2010 I didn't pay my credit card bill and traffic ticket in Canada and returned back to home country. Kindly suggest me how to deal with the issue and please let now are these offenses make me inadmissible to immigrate to Canada...
Dont think that not paying your card will cause any issues but maybe someone else can benefit you more

LOKESHBABU

Mar 26, 2016
I AM WILLING TO PAY BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ARE THEY GOING TO HAVE A BACK GROUND CHECK ON MY CREDIT CARD BILL PAYMENTS OR NOT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW>

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Your credit history does not matter at all to CIC, so an unpaid credit card bill is not something you should be worried about.
You may want to look into the unpaid traffic ticket, however.

Reactions: lion.com

LOKESHBABU

Mar 26, 2016
thanks for the reply. i cleared my one of the traffic ticket and could not find an another one on the system. kindly help me out and advise me. when i spoke over the phone the person who responded gave me details of only one ticket and even requested him to check the other and the answer was they cant find the other ticket. :-X

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
OP the traffic ticket and your credit record has no impact on your immigration application.

Only serious criminal offenses such a DUIs can make the applicant inadmissible.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOKESHBABU said:
thanks for the reply. i cleared my one of the traffic ticket and could not find an another one on the system. kindly help me out and advise me. when i spoke over the phone the person who responded gave me details of only one ticket and even requested him to check the other and the answer was they cant find the other ticket. :-X
Credit check may not be part of cic background check, but it definitely is part of recruitment process (particularly in big companies - they do credit + criminality check). Hence, even if its not required for immigration, its advisable to clear your credit card dues and traffic ticket asap.