+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Edmonton 2022/2023 Timelines

alexl18

Jan 23, 2024
Below is my timeline -
AOR: May.23.2023
Bio, Eligibility completed between date above and below
Medical exam completed by: Aug.4.2023
GCMS information request: Dec.27.2023 (found out background verification never started)
Background Verification completed: Jan.12.2024

I waited extremely long time for the background verification even to start. Good luck for rest of yall who's still waiting.

SHIVA2913

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
My AOR is Feb06th 2024 and recently I got background verification marked as completed on tracker on May15th 2024 . Other stages like biometrics and medical also marked completed on April19th 2024. However, eligibility says still not started as per tracker and I don’t see any FD in Gc key till date. Can anyone please provide your thoughts on why eligibility not started and how many days it usually takes for eligibility to get start or complete?
Pvo : Edmonton
Svo : Sydney

Last edited:

SHIVA2913

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi guys, some updates:

CEC Inland (2 applicants in Canada)
AOR: Sept 30, 2022
Medicals Passed: October 26, 2022
Criminality: Passed
Eligibility: Not Started (I don't know when it was completed... they did not update the portal/IRCC tracker - even after the email confirming the approval, it is still showing "not started")
Security: Not Started (I don't know when it was completed... they did not update the portal/IRCC tracker - even after the email confirming the approval, it is still showing "not started")
GU1: Feb 13, 2023
Portal Email: Feb 14, 2023
Portal Credentials: Feb 15, 2023
eCOPR issued: Feb 21, 2023
Interesting and I’m also on similar situation like yours. My application all stages are completed but eligibility says not started as per tracker. Could you please provide your thoughts on this? How long it usually takes for eligibility or to get FD/P1 email after BGC marked completed in tracker.
Here is my timeline:

Aor : Feb 06th 2024
BIL/MIL: Apr 19th 2024 completed on tracker
BGC: May 15th completed on tracker
Eligibility: Not started as per tracker
No updates after BGC .

IamaDreamernt@69

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
Hi ,Did anyone of AOR Dec 2023 or Jan 2024 of PVO- Edmonton got COPR or Portal emails recently?? Kindly share your timeline.

I am waiting since 1st Jan 2024 and BGC is still in progress. Any thoughts.

IamaDreamernt@69

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
My AOR is Feb06th 2024 and recently I got background verification marked as completed on tracker on May15th 2024 . Other stages like biometrics and medical also marked completed on April19th 2024. However, eligibility says still not started as per tracker and I don’t see any FD in Gc key till date. Can anyone please provide your thoughts on why eligibility not started and how many days it usually takes for eligibility to get start or complete?
Svo : Sydney
Hi Shiva, did you apply under EE CEC OR PNP program ?? And how did you get to know the Secondary vo, if you can guide me too. Per IRCC agent they aren't aware about the svo and wouldn't be able to help.
Your guidance would be appreciated. TIA

SHIVA2913

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi Shiva, did you apply under EE CEC OR PNP program ?? And how did you get to know the Secondary vo, if you can guide me too. Per IRCC agent they aren't aware about the svo and wouldn't be able to help.
Your guidance would be appreciated. TIA
Hi, My application is under EE CEC . I called IRCC for information about my application and they informed PVO: Edmonton and SVO: Sydney. They also mentioned there is a chances VO’s can change while application is under process. Last time I called them on May24th, 2024 and still my Vo’s are same.

Reactions: IamaDreamernt@69

IamaDreamernt@69

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
Hi, My application is under EE CEC . I called IRCC for information about my application and they informed PVO: Edmonton and SVO: Sydney. They also mentioned there is a chances VO’s can change while application is under process. Last time I called them on May24th, 2024 and still my Vo’s are same.
Thankyou Shiva for sharing this info. When I called IRCC,the agent told me she's not aware about the SVO and only confirmed primary in my case.Not quite sure why this is the case tho. They have access to the application so could've confirmed from their tool, if that's how it works. Appreciate your response!!

SHIVA2913

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Thankyou Shiva for sharing this info. When I called IRCC,the agent told me she's not aware about the SVO and only confirmed primary in my case.Not quite sure why this is the case tho. They have access to the application so could've confirmed from their tool, if that's how it works. Appreciate your response!!
I don’t think that SVO really matters because of most of applicant’s SVO changes after Final Decision in GC key. Also, sometimes IRCC agents don’t really give accurate information on SVO. So it’s better to not worry about it and wait for FD.

IamaDreamernt@69

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
I don’t think that SVO really matters because of most of applicant’s SVO changes after Final Decision in GC key. Also, sometimes IRCC agents don’t really give accurate information on SVO. So it’s better to not worry about it and wait for FD.
Yeah, Thanks much Shiva for clarifying this.

IamaDreamernt@69

Star Member
Mar 14, 2022
If you are under CEC , you application is over the processing time limit. Have you reached out to your local MP or IRCC?
yep, single CEC applicant. That's what I'm anxious about, haven't reach out to MPyet. Called IRCC around 15-20 days back they said security is in progress and end of last week another agent told me security hasn't started. Kinda confused what exactly the status. Let me know if there's any tips or if you have heard anyone from Jan 2024,Vo- edmonton received the PPR or portal emails recently. Would appreciate your help!

SHIVA2913

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
yep, single CEC applicant. That's what I'm anxious about, haven't reach out to MPyet. Called IRCC around 15-20 days back they said security is in progress and end of last week another agent told me security hasn't started. Kinda confused what exactly the status. Let me know if there's any tips or if you have heard anyone from Jan 2024,Vo- edmonton received the PPR or portal emails recently. Would appreciate your help!
I would recommend try reach out local MP and also apply for gcms notes. I just know these two steps from other groups where people shared their experiences with delay in processing. Please see if you can reach out to MP asap and apply for GCMS notes