+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
Do you mean if your nomination is closed and tied to an employer? Or this does requirement also apply to Post Graduate Work Permit students with no restrictions on employment.

There are two contradictions on this thread. You are saying you have 45-90 days to get another job and another person is stating as long as the province supports your nomination IRCC will not reject your application.

Thousands of nominees would have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. I don't think they will that cruel to give you 45-90 days to get another job, especially when non-essential businesses might be closed until possibly September.
I am talking about the Employement based nomination where one particular employer nominate you for PR and you are getting a PR on the basis of the job offer letter provided to you not for the students who have there open employment status

Amybarar03

Feb 7, 2019
How the hell we supposed to get new job offer while the premier of the Province has declared the state of emergency and to close all the non essential business??
yes then you can file under somen other category or need to provide the valid job offer to support your nomination not the one where you are temporary laid off

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Do you mean if your nomination is closed and tied to an employer? Or this does requirement also apply to Post Graduate Work Permit students with no restrictions on employment.

There are two contradictions on this thread. You are saying you have 45-90 days to get another job and another person is stating as long as the province supports your nomination IRCC will not reject your application.

Thousands of nominees would have lost their jobs because of the pandemic. I don't think they will that cruel to give you 45-90 days to get another job, especially when non-essential businesses might be closed until possibly September.
Exactly i got reply form OINP as below

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

This message confirms the receipt of your email. Your response is pending review and you will be contacted if further information is required.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

I have applied my PNP under employer based as international student with job offer. i have PGWP
but when people get laid off and applied for CERB or EI which states they have no employement and they have already started payments of 2K per person, which is not easy under normal cicumstances. What i was trying to say if you are laid off and you dont inform your pnp office they might withdraw your nomination. Before getting caught i should inform them later you ll have an excuse with dissapointment. thats my Opinion.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Exactly i got reply form OINP as below

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

This message confirms the receipt of your email. Your response is pending review and you will be contacted if further information is required.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

I have applied my PNP under employer based as international student with job offer. i have PGWP
but when people get laid off and applied for CERB or EI which states they have no employement and they have already started payments of 2K per person, which is not easy under normal cicumstances. What i was trying to say if you are laid off and you dont inform your pnp office they might withdraw your nomination. Before getting caught i should inform them later you ll have an excuse with dissapointment. thats my Opinion.
Don't all PGWP holders automatically get open permits and have no employment restrictions. The nomination is tied to he job you got under the NOC under.
It seems to me you have a closed work permit.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Don't all PGWP holders automatically get open permits and have no employment restrictions. The nomination is tied to he job you got under the NOC under.
It seems to me you have a closed work permit.
lol i told you i have post graduation open work permit. Yes i do have an employer restricted Nomination. but i also have workpermit support letter just in case my Open work permit is expired i ll be to get T13 Lmia exempt closed work permit.

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
I got the clear email from CIC my friend that if you employed under job offer category and you are laid off in between you need to submit new job offer to make you eligible for PR under Employment based category not all the categories
Hi, can you please show here the email that you received from cic? I am also have a pr application under job offer category and i did not receive any email with regards on what you are saying. Thanks.

Reactions: assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
lol i told you i have post graduation open work permit. Yes i do have an employer restricted Nomination. but i also have workpermit support letter just in case my Open work permit is expired i ll be to get T13 Lmia exempt closed work permit.
If you have an open work permit then you are free to work for any employer. However if you nomination is restricted, it should have your employer's name on your nomination. I think what your trying to say you were nominated based on the name of your occupation and NOC.

I have a PGWP with and was nomination based on my nomination and NOC and have no restrictions on employment. I think we fall under the same category. If I was to get laid off, do I still meet the conditions of my nomination is the question most PGWP have on their mind and can my nomination possibly be withdrawn. I am yet to hear any PGWP have their nomination get withdrawn for losing their jobs, I have checked everywhere. And it I can't find a definite answer.

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi, can you please show here the email that you received from cic? I am also have a pr application under job offer category and i did not receive any email with regards on what you are saying. Thanks.
Did you get laid off as well?

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Did you get laid off as well?
Hi, i didn't get laid off. My PR application is outland. However, my employer's business is too slow as of this moment. Fortunately, they didn't close the whole restaurant , as they accepting take out orders. When I ask my employer about the status of their workers, they didn't get laid off ,but the workers worked only for two or three days but still (two workers per day and 7 hrs).

what i am worrying about is since I am outside application, is my employer's business will have an impact on my application.:confused::confused:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If your application is dependent on your current employment/job offer then you are currently out of luck. You need to update CIC that you are out of work. Hopefully many will be rehired and will be able to provide updated letters/information.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
If your application is dependent on your current employment/job offer then you are currently out of luck. You need to update CIC that you are out of work. Hopefully many will be rehired and will be able to provide updated letters/information.
Do you have any reference related to this according to the situation??

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I know you have to update the province that nominated you and IRCC if you get laid off.

Change of information

If you change your address, email, phone number, employer, or family status while IRCC is processing your permanent residence application, you must contact both the AINP and IRCC.

IRCC will tell you how to contact them with any changes after receiving your application for permanent residence.

https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-after-you-are-nominated.aspx

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I called the service centre was told you have to contact IRCC and the province that nominated you when you get laid off. They will handle it on a case by case basis.

Sunfire2109

Feb 1, 2020
If you have an open work permit then you are free to work for any employer. However if you nomination is restricted, it should have your employer's name on your nomination. I think what your trying to say you were nominated based on the name of your occupation and NOC.

I have a PGWP with and was nomination based on my nomination and NOC and have no restrictions on employment. I think we fall under the same category. If I was to get laid off, do I still meet the conditions of my nomination is the question most PGWP have on their mind and can my nomination possibly be withdrawn. I am yet to hear any PGWP have their nomination get withdrawn for losing their jobs, I have checked everywhere. And it I can't find a definite answer.
I am in a similar situation. Have PGWP and on my nomination is says "no restriction to employment" but in another field is lists the name of my employer and my NOC. According to your other post, IRCC advised it is a case-by-case decision, is that correct? Did they mention if the nominating province or IRCC or both will make the decision?
Wondering if anyone had this situation before, like switching jobs (or more in general, changes to the nomination condition) when having a PGWP but being under a PNP program

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I am in a similar situation. Have PGWP and on my nomination is says "no restriction to employment" but in another field is lists the name of my employer and my NOC. According to your other post, IRCC advised it is a case-by-case decision, is that correct? Did they mention if the nominating province or IRCC or both will make the decision?
Wondering if anyone had this situation before, like switching jobs (or more in general, changes to the nomination condition) when having a PGWP but being under a PNP program
The province that nominated me does not have your employer's name listed if you were nominated under the student stream for those with PGWP. Only your NOC is listed- the employer section is blank.

I have passed eligibility and criminality and could have possibly received PPR and landed by now if it wasn't for Covid. I will find in the the next few day/weeks if I will be laid off.

Last edited: