+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couple of quick questions

thewitt999

Aug 27, 2008
Hi guys,

just wanted to ask a couple of questions please reagrding the skilled migration to Canada. I recently received correspondance to say that that 3 years they have started to look at my application and they need an update on my information. I applied through the UK office but now live in Australia.

1.) When I update my information, will this affect the application and will the UK office pass everything to an Australian office as at the time of application I was a resident of the UK.

2.) If I was successful in the application, when I enter Canada and get my passport etc stamped, do I have to remain there for a certain period of time??

Hope you can help guys

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your application goes through and you get permanent residency in Canada, they will give you a certain amount of time to go there and activate it. When you go and activate it, the do assume that you will be moving there and they will ask you to give them an address that they can mail your permanent resident card to. You would need this card when you travel to come back to Canada. If you can give them an address of a friend or relative who will courier or mail the card to you, it's ok for you to leave Canada again after a couple of days. Otherwise, it takes about a month to get the card.

The other thing is that you can't be permanent resident of Canada unless you actually reside there. They give you a lot of leeway with that already but they do require you to live in Canada for at least 2 years in every 5 year period so if you go there and activate your PR, the most you can be gone again without losing it is 1095 days (that's 3 years). Then you'd have to come back and stay for at least 2 years.

thewitt999

Aug 27, 2008
great - thats that answered then. Much appreciated

Anyone any information as to what will happen with my UK application now that I'm in Australia at the moment?