+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

ImmigrantCat

Nov 17, 2020
How did you upload your photo? Was it a scanned copy or a digital copy?
I took a selfie with my phone in a really bright room in the morning (best light for pictures) the morning was cloudy so there were not hard shadows behind me or in my face. My Iphone flipped the picture so it does not look like a mirror but my actual face. I do have experience with photoshop so I made sure to color balance the picture and also made the background as white as possible. I then cropped the picture to the size they ask for the pr.

I do not know if you need to be as perfectionist as I was, but I really do not want to go out and pay $20 just so the photographer can give me a digital copy of my photograph. At least that is what they charge downtown Toronto for putting your image in a flash drive or sending it to your email. I once took a picture in North York and he didn't charge me anything for the digital picture. but that was 3 years ago so I cannot reuse those.

Hopefully mine is good enough for them. Still waiting for them to verify the pic.

Kk kabobo

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I am wondering how often the senior officers deal with cases. I called IRCC. The agent told me all my assessments are passed and wait for final decision.
Lol
Myself I have been asking that question all the time.
I called in October 17 and I was told everything is passed but no copr yet.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Lol

Whats your AOR

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Lol
Hi, I remember your name from biometrics threads before because you're the first person who got a call from SC for bio, very early, right?
but are you still waiting for COPR??? OMG.. At that time I thought you were going to get a copr soon.
You don't have any update after bio? Hopefully yours are coming soon.. (I'm also waiting for COPR)

nidul90r

Nov 18, 2020
I took a selfie with my phone in a really bright room in the morning (best light for pictures) the morning was cloudy so there were not hard shadows behind me or in my face. My Iphone flipped the picture so it does not look like a mirror but my actual face. I do have experience with photoshop so I made sure to color balance the picture and also made the background as white as possible. I then cropped the picture to the size they ask for the pr.

I do not know if you need to be as perfectionist as I was, but I really do not want to go out and pay $20 just so the photographer can give me a digital copy of my photograph. At least that is what they charge downtown Toronto for putting your image in a flash drive or sending it to your email. I once took a picture in North York and he didn't charge me anything for the digital picture. but that was 3 years ago so I cannot reuse those.

Hopefully mine is good enough for them. Still waiting for them to verify the pic.
Thanks for the info. Can you please let me know if they accept your picture. I know nothing about photoshop, I rather spend $20 just to be safe.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Thanks for the info. Can you please let me know if they accept your picture. I know nothing about photoshop, I rather spend $20 just to be safe.
After spending 1000s of dollars you are really worried about $20? lol amazes me! There are better ways to save money i guess! ;)

Kk kabobo

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi, I remember your name from biometrics threads before because you're the first person who got a call from SC for bio, very early, right?
but are you still waiting for COPR??? OMG.. At that time I thought you were going to get a copr soon.
You don't have any update after bio? Hopefully yours are coming soon.. (I'm also waiting for COPR)
Yes I am the first person to the biometrics after service canada resumed and still no copr yet

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Hmmmm that's weird, the studios I've been to were all able to provide soft copy (even London Drugs or Costco), there will be extra fee to get soft copy though. Which city you are currently living in? You could just go for another studio that provides soft copy.
I lived in Montreal before, took my photos at Jean Coutu and another photograph store. Now, I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Photographers in these places all refused to give me a soft copy of my photo :(

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Hi @ahmehade and everyone, I have a question about the photo. Most of the time, the professional photographers here in Canada didn't give me a soft copy of the photo (for immigration purposes), stating that they weren't allow to give it. When I had to upload a photo for my PR application, I tried to persuade the photographer that IRCC required me to submit a photo online but he still refused to give me the soft copy, I had to scan my physical photo instead. (I actually had an argument with him about the rules @.@ because he, not an immigrant, insisted that he knew the process). The scanned version was just okay, but for PR card, I'd like to submit a higher quality photo. Any advice on how to get it, please? I highly appreciate your help. Thank you.
Please visit a different photographer.. I think many people give soft copy.. I got it twice till now

Reactions: Vinami