+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Help - Please - For all who did their Re-Medicals - Can you clarify?

COPR stamped on 18 March 2020, Expired June 2020.
4 Pointer email received on 2nd Oct 2020 - Replied that I cannot travel.

Then Raised RTT in January 2021

8 March 2021 - Received a remedicals request.
Finished the Remedicals on 9th March

However, now my IRCC Application Page like this (just like how it looked after the first time of Medicals)

Could anyone please confirm if the Application Page on IRCC looks like this post the remedicals request?
It shows that I am required to take action and submit my medicals.

However, I confirmed with CDC and they have said that my re-medicals report was submitted on 11 March 2021.

Today 19th March, and my IRCC Account page still requires me to take Action and submit my Medical Report.

Is this the same for all those who submitted their re-medicals?

VO- NDVO

"
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
"
You got 4 pointer email on same date as of mine but I replied them with the information and documents that I am ready to travel and settle. However, even after replying to 4 pointer email I got remeds notification email on 2nd Dec 2020. After doing my remeds nothing changed wrt to medical date but final decision date on my GCkey was changed to 23rd Dec 2020 the day when I received my AL over the email and new CoPR on GC key.

VO - NDVO.

Just reply to 4 pointer email and raise a webform with remeds sheet if not done already. Things related to CoVID are not improving so you can expect some delays in processing of application.

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Adding a baby is a fairly quick process as babies do not go through criminality and security admissibility. They only have to go through medicals. After you submit all your documents, it should not take more than 1-2 months.

However, with the current delays at the end of IRCC, you never know.
Hi @legalfalcon ..I need some advice. I recently got engaged to my partner. Now if i add any changes, will I have to do the whole process again. ?. or is it better to land there first and apply for spousal PR process?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Help - Please - For all who did their Re-Medicals - Can you clarify?

COPR stamped on 18 March 2020, Expired June 2020.
4 Pointer email received on 2nd Oct 2020 - Replied that I cannot travel.

Then Raised RTT in January 2021

8 March 2021 - Received a remedicals request.
Finished the Remedicals on 9th March

However, now my IRCC Application Page like this (just like how it looked after the first time of Medicals)

Could anyone please confirm if the Application Page on IRCC looks like this post the remedicals request?
It shows that I am required to take action and submit my medicals.

However, I confirmed with CDC and they have said that my re-medicals report was submitted on 11 March 2021.

Today 19th March, and my IRCC Account page still requires me to take Action and submit my Medical Report.

Is this the same for all those who submitted their re-medicals?

VO- NDVO

"
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.
"
Hey, I received similar update in my GCkey account... saying the below. And also, my COPR info has been removed. My background check, final decision says - In Progress.

Application status

What are we supposed to do now? @whyCorona

maradona007

Nov 26, 2020
Dear members, not sure how many are following the VFS disaster that is unfolding in India. Thousands of people with PPRs have been waiting for more than 20 days now for passport collection. I personally have been waiting for more than 16 days, and have not received any payment link or communication regarding passport collection. They are not responding to any query, nobody answers the call, only generic replies to emails and tweets.
Does anyone know what happens if we are unable to get our passports to the Visa Office within the 30 day time frame?
Appreciate your time.
Exactly, above everything they are threatening the applicants during Biometrics to opt for premium processing otherwise they are not responsible for delayed passport pickup for PPR. They are simply looting money from people in the name of COVID, I don't understand when you can go to VFS for Biometrics, why can't you visit VFS for dropping the passport after PPR? This 2 way courier is creating unnecessary trouble for a lot of EE applicants. Especially in country like india, where VFS offices were closed for EE applicants till late February 2021.

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hey, I received similar update in my GCkey account... saying the below. And also, my COPR info has been removed. My background check, final decision says - In Progress.

Application status

What are we supposed to do now? @whyCorona
What is your VO? Can you tell me the date of your Re-medical that you did and also the date when your re-medical was uploaded?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
What is your VO? Can you tell me the date of your Re-medical that you did and also the date when your re-medical was uploaded?
VO ottawa. I didnt get a remedical request.I did an upfront remed in Dec, but they haven't updated it on GCkey acc.

I just checked again now.. application status went from "Application updated" to "Submitted"..

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Hi
Were you able to call NDVO? I am also trying to call them. I tried calling at 1141782000, but nobody picks the call.
Thanks.
Ok I called the same number and a lady even without hearing anything said we don’t provide details on call please email and disconnected. I made sure to write a very good email to NDVO and copied all Vic,central intake etc... cz enough of their sluggishness

Reactions: bk0521 and pavie24

BekkyO

Sep 26, 2020
Hi all,

I had received my CoPR approved before March 18, 2020. We wanted to do a soft landing, but could not travel due to COVID related travel restriction and my CoPR expired in April 2020. I got a 7 pointer mail in Oct asking if I am ready to travel, to which I did not respond as it asked for a response only if I am ready to travel.

Our situation / status changed since the last few months, my wife (primary applicant) passport expired in Dec and a new passport was issued, we notified IRCC about the same. Also, we are expecting our first baby in July, we updated IRCC about this as well and mentioned that we would not be able to travel at-least until July. All communication with IRCC has been via web-forms. These were raised in Dec and Jan.

We got an mail yesterday which said, "Your account has been updated", when I opened it, I saw that the status has been returned back to Submitted from Approved. The date of submission was the initial date of submission in May 2019. Could someone please help me understand if this is gone back to the days of express entry submission? Will they ask for
VO ottawa. I didnt get a remedical request.I did an upfront remed in Dec, but they haven't updated it on GCkey acc.

I just checked again now.. application status went from "Application updated" to "Submitted"..
Same with me, VO is OTTAWA, did upfront medical in Feb 2021, it has not been updated yet. i guess the waiting game continues but this looks like progress to me

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Hi all,

I had received my CoPR approved before March 18, 2020. We wanted to do a soft landing, but could not travel due to COVID related travel restriction and my CoPR expired in April 2020. I got a 7 pointer mail in Oct asking if I am ready to travel, to which I did not respond as it asked for a response only if I am ready to travel.

Our situation / status changed since the last few months, my wife (primary applicant) passport expired in Dec and a new passport was issued, we notified IRCC about the same. Also, we are expecting our first baby in July, we updated IRCC about this as well and mentioned that we would not be able to travel at-least until July. All communication with IRCC has been via web-forms. These were raised in Dec and Jan.

We got an mail yesterday which said, "Your account has been updated", when I opened it, I saw that the status has been returned back to Submitted from Approved. The date of submission was the initial date of submission in May 2019. Could someone please help me understand if this is gone back to the days of express entry submission? Will they ask for additional background certificates, IELTS exam, medicals etc. Do I need to go through the process again? or is this an update they are making at their end to update new passport details.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced a similar scenario and can share their perspectives.
I dont think its whole redo process again. That's one thing the support centre agent re-assured me while i was panicking during the call.

Reactions: K&K

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Ok I called the same number and a lady even without hearing anything said we don’t provide details on call please email and disconnected. I made sure to write a very good email to NDVO and copied all Vic,central intake etc... cz enough of their sluggishness
Hi Megha,

That looks terrible - and NDVO is particulary pathetic. They dont reply to emails either or take way too long.
However, reading your post, I dont think the entire process will be re-done - Only may be remedicals and then done.
Look - I am sure they dont have enough bandwidth to do a reassessment on candidates who have already been cleared to immigrate.

Just opinions and views - I hope all turns out for the best

Reactions: Fmegha86

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
You got 4 pointer email on same date as of mine but I replied them with the information and documents that I am ready to travel and settle. However, even after replying to 4 pointer email I got remeds notification email on 2nd Dec 2020. After doing my remeds nothing changed wrt to medical date but final decision date on my GCkey was changed to 23rd Dec 2020 the day when I received my AL over the email and new CoPR on GC key.

VO - NDVO.

Just reply to 4 pointer email and raise a webform with remeds sheet if not done already. Things related to CoVID are not improving so you can expect some delays in processing of application.
Thanks @whyCorona

After your remeds - did your Application Page change status to "Submitted"?

Review of Medical Status, Background Check, Final Status etc?

I dont think its whole redo process again. That's one thing the support centre agent re-assured me while i was panicking during the call.

Could you tell me in detail what all did the agent re-assure?
Do you know what the next steps are etc please?

lnmora

Aug 27, 2020
Same with me, VO is OTTAWA, did upfront medical in Feb 2021, it has not been updated yet. i guess the waiting game continues but this looks like progress to me
We will have to wait and see
Thanks @whyCorona

After your remeds - did your Application Page change status to "Submitted"?

Review of Medical Status, Background Check, Final Status etc?

Could you tell me in detail what all did the agent re-assure?
Do you know what the next steps are etc please?
That's the only thing she told me, nothing more. And It is up to the Visa processing Officer how he/she wants go with it. From what she told me, since it's an unprecedented circumstance,..it may take a long time .

canadawaiting

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
We will have to wait and see

That's the only thing she told me, nothing more. And It is up to the Visa processing Officer how he/she wants go with it. From what she told me, since it's an unprecedented circumstance,..it may take a long time .

And maybe how "long" is that "long time" ?