+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I received this to my query regarding travel. It seems that they are not updated about new travel ban relaxations. Let,s wait for early next week when they will announce the dates.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19

Effective March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has imposed restrictions on all travel to Canada by anyone who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada. Limited exceptions apply to some foreign nationals. For information on travel to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada page on Travel Advice and Advisories and, in particular, consult the Travel health notices. Visit the IRCC page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent resident applicants affected by COVID-19.

LIMITED OPERATIONS

The Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed. Please visit our Facebook page for more information in service disruptions and what this means for your application.

Note that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada we will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, link your application to your online account.

Sincerely,

Client Service Unit, Migration | Unité du Service à la clientele, migration

High Commission of Canada in India | Haut commissariat du Canada en Inde

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.canada.ca/CanadaAndIndia | www.canada.ca/CanadaEtInde

www.canada.ca/immigration

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
Can someone from Pakistan confirm if the Government of Pakistan has imposed any travel restrictions on its citizens going to Canada?

Craigcaeiro

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
I
This is in response to my web-form request.In mail chain I can see CIC forwarded my web-form request to NDVO and they replied back. Anything you raise through Web-Form gets forwarded to VO you choose while raising request. Maybe they are not upto date as IRCC twitter update time and their response time didn't have much gap.

Anyways, I have tickets booked for 30th March, a day before my CoPR expiry. Looks like if they enable exemptions early next week then I will have to travel in these crazy times and take health risk as web-form request for Visa extension came in with a generic response.

Fingers crossed. x
totally understand and I am in the same situation as u as my ticket is for 1st April and my COPR expires on 12 April. Do you have someone there or have u booked an air bnb? Or have u rented out a place?

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
I

totally understand and I am in the same situation as u as my ticket is for 1st April and my COPR expires on 12 April. Do you have someone there or have u booked an air bnb? Or have u rented out a place?
At this moment, landlords have too much power and so expect exploitative rates.

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
Does anybody know what happening with air Canada. They made update yesterday, and according to this copr still are not allowed to board. Or they will change it next week?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Does anybody know what happening with air Canada. They made update yesterday, and according to this copr still are not allowed to board. Or they will change it next week?
"Those affected by these exemptions should not try to travel to Canada immediately. We will announce when the exemptions are in place, which we anticipate will be early next week."

Reactions: ryeCatcher

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
I think we should raise a web form and inform CIC that it is extremely unsafe to travel at this point especially with toddlers.As newcomers no friends or airbnb will take us in.How to self isolate. WE SHOULD ASK FOR EXTENSION FOR PEOPLE WHOSE COPR is expiring till May 30. WE CANT QUARANTINE OURSELVES AND IN CASE OF A SHUTDOWN WE WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.FLIGHTS PLUS TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN ALL COUNTRIES ARE UNCERTAIN.THEY SHOULD GIVE US AN OPTION TO EXTEND

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

Note that on arrival you will be expected to 14 day self isolate. Also apart from fact ailines are cutting schedules and staff , businesses are gradually shutting down for next few months so not a great time for immigration unless have immeditae family members who can support initial arrival
Yes you should send A web form..we have sent

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
link please
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html

As have said in many replies keep in mind businesses are shuttting down for a few months, airlines are suspending flight/laying off staff and on arrival would have to self isolate for 14 days. Given immigration is hard enough without COVID maybe best for everyone to consider not rushing to a new country unless absolutley necessary. Follow the web form to IRCC advice

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I

I have some close friends in Toronto but I booked airbnb earlier in downtown for 14 days but cancelled it as I was unable to travel today. AirBNB deducted service charge and refunded rest of amount which I am still waiting to be credited. I have already lost or have money stuck with cancellations. I am not making airbnb booking again as of now and will only do that on the day of travel before boarding.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
I think we should raise a web form and inform CIC that it is extremely unsafe to travel at this point especially with toddlers.As newcomers no friends or airbnb will take us in.How to self isolate. WE SHOULD ASK FOR EXTENSION FOR PEOPLE WHOSE COPR is expiring till May 30. WE CANT QUARANTINE OURSELVES AND IN CASE OF A SHUTDOWN WE WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.FLIGHTS PLUS TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN ALL COUNTRIES ARE UNCERTAIN.THEY SHOULD GIVE US AN OPTION TO EXTEND
I agree. It's totally unsafe right now to travel. An extension will be really helpful.