+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Considerations about the best way to Canada

elAleman

Nov 18, 2014
Hi together,

well on my first post in the forum i choosed the wron section, therefore i'll repeat my questions, i already posted in general section.

The decision to immigrate to Canada was a longer process and I still have some questions. Maybe one or two can be answered here in the forum.

My wife and I are we are both with academic background, but I have non-Canadian work experience. At the moment, it is also just me that has the academic graduation assessed by WES and finished the IELTS.
When I understand correctly, to apply for EE I need an additional medical and police background check.
How I proof my career experience?
is it better to apply to an EE before going for a PNP or vice versa?

When I apply for EE, do I need to fill the application for my wife? Does my wife also need all the documents and certificates?
I am sure I am the millionth guy asking the same question, but I was not find an answer to my questions until now. Thank you for reply. :p

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
You don't need to have Canadian work experience, you just have to have at least one year work experience in a field that Canada needs people for(you can check for the profession you have work experience in under NOC 2011). Your wife does not need to do WES and IELTS, yours is sufficient however, if she gets those two, it gives you additional marks which may make the difference at the end of the day, but the marks aren't much. While filling your profile, you will see a column for your spouse, that's the one you will fill her details in, you won't fill any separate profile for her. Finally, you don't need medical and police report at the moment, it is when CIC invites you to apply for Permanent residence that you will need them

elAleman

Nov 18, 2014
hello simonawo, thank you for your awnser. and sorry for my late reply.
i have 6+ years of work experience fitting under major group 21 and skill level A.
when we had the first ideas about immigration to Canada i was doing a FSW points test and calculated more than 70 Points.

when i get a cic invite my family is allowed to come with me or does my wife has to fill a seperate application?